Next update is 3.1 + Guardian FSD Booster Refunds

Regarding the bugged Guardian FSD Booster, FDev is giving refunds for those who unlocked it.

For those who have already purchased the Guardian FSD Booster and are unable to use it due to these issues, we're very sorry for the loss of time and materials spent creating this module, and we will be refunding you the materials used to create this module, and will be allowing you to keep the Guardian FSD Booster which will have the fix automatically applied when it is available. You'll also receive this message with instructions on how to claim your materials via an ingame inbox message.

The in-game notification also confirms that the next update will be 3.1:

7DTdKxG.png
Pt5IZEW.png
It's also worth mentioning that FDev might be moving to their new HQ this month, so that might play a role in why they can't do anymore 3.0.X updates:
Source, David Walsh (COO of FDev): https://twitter.com/DavidWalsh64/status/922049914770722817

Last edited:
Ok so these FSD boosters will not be fixed for 2-3 months? great... 3.0 is really quite a catastrophe so far, except the engineers rework, which was merely a correction of earlier mistakes...

Last edited:
Ok so these FSD boosters will not be fixed for 2-3 months? great... 3.0 is really quite a catastrophe so far, except the engineers rework, which was merely a correction of earlier mistakes...

and except for the planets ....

oh and except for Victor ....

oh and except for map improvements ....

oh ..... looks like 3.0 was better than you thought :D

Well, what of the stuff they introduced actually worked as it should, or if it's with regards to missions and so on is worth doing? Which of the guardian modules are actually worth using? I see a lot of wasted time so far...

edit: yeah planet textures are nice. otherwise nothing big in my opinion, but everyone can think what he wants. what I see: a bunch of mission types and the boosters out of the game as thy don't work as intended, new wing missions give jokes as rewards compared to individual missions. guardian modules mostly not worth it...

Last edited:
Not saying it will be in a few weeks. But to be fair beta for 3.0 came much earlier than I thought it would do.

That's true, but the product quality was worse than I could have imagined, so somehow I hope it takes longer this time. that is IF they fix the current bugs before that...

So the only non-combat content for the Guardian Tech Brokers in 3.0 is now pushed back to 3.1? I wonder, if it had been one of the weapons which had issues, would they wait as long to fix it too? Or would it be fixed much faster?

I hope someone at Frontier
actually bothers to take a minute try them out before going live this time....

oh and except for Victor ....

No, Victor is creepy. Victor makes me want to get an adult.
Victor is afraid he can't do that, Dave.

Don't trust Victor. You'll wind up a Victim.

So the only non-combat content for the Guardian Tech Brokers in 3.0 is now pushed back to 3.1? I wonder, if it had been one of the weapons which had issues, would they wait as long to fix it too? Or would it be fixed much faster?

I hope someone at Frontier
actually bothers to take a minute try them out before going live this time....

Right, because those highly combative 4E Corrosion-Resistant Cargo Racks, Guardian Power Plants, Guardian Power Distributors....

I hope someone at Frontier actually bothers to take a minute try them out before going live this time....

If their QA misses something like this, that happens 100% of the time, I hope they just start unlocking everything in the beta so that we can test it.

You'd think these modules would get an extra pass, since it wasn't tested by the players.

3.0 is really quite a catastrophe so far

Meh, 3.0 seems in line with all the previous disappointing and shallow updates over the last 2 years, nothing more nothing less tbh.

Everything new is either bugged or downright broken, and the improvements of old mechanics break the infrastructure they are lying upon.

Balance is basically non existent after 2.1 and I doubt it'll ever come back at this point.

Ironically as it stands now, Elite is in the best shape has ever been, it's not nearly as tedious and infuriating as it was years ago, and overall it's a pretty solid experience. A mediocre experience and a very, very time consuming one, but still.

StefanOS

Volunteer Moderator
Regarding the bugged Guardian FSD Booster, FDev is giving refunds for those who unlocked it.

The in-game notification also confirms that the next update will be 3.1:

It's also worth mentioning that FDev might be moving to their new HQ this month, so that might play a role in why they can't do anymore 3.0.X updates:
Source, David Walsh (COO of FDev): https://twitter.com/DavidWalsh64/status/922049914770722817

I would not see this ingame message as guaranty that the next update is 3.1.

It could mean that this modules will be fixed in the next major update, and not soon.
Just my 2cents.... as someone who is in ED for a long time

Last edited:

Jex =TE=

Banned
If their QA misses something like this, that happens 100% of the time, I hope they just start unlocking everything in the beta so that we can test it.

You'd think these modules would get an extra pass, since it wasn't tested by the players.

They should bring back the £5 fee for letting everyone beta test their game for them.

Meh, 3.0 seems in line with all the previous disappointing and shallow updates over the last 2 years, nothing more nothing less tbh.

Everything new is either bugged or downright broken, and the improvements of old mechanics break the infrastructure they are lying upon.

Balance is basically non existent after 2.1 and I doubt it'll ever come back at this point.

Ironically as it stands now, Elite is in the best shape has ever been, it's not nearly as tedious and infuriating as it was years ago, and overall it's a pretty solid experience. A mediocre experience and a very, very time consuming one, but still.

The majority of the update seems to work perfectly fine. I have idea why people get into such a tiz over a few modules and mission types that were not working as intended. They have made it a big deal out of something so minor.

I find it all rather pathetic to be honest.

Jex =TE=

Banned
The majority of the update seems to work perfectly fine. I have idea why people get into such a tiz over a few modules and mission types that were not working as intended. They have made it a big deal out of something so minor.

I find it all rather pathetic to be honest.

Do you play any of the game mechanics?

Top Bottom