Next Week's Goal: Which reward would you rather have? (Spoilers)

Right like your going to be able to tell fed pilots to join the empire side to balance it out and kill the independents...
There are going to be capital empire ships and cutters in the combat zone the feds won't be able to skip these targets...
There not going to back the empire faction... they will side with the Indis over empire... they done it in past CGs...
Politics allway gets in the way... as there are more fed players active than empire any way...
Jump ship to zende before the battle even starts... your zende rep is going to be higher if you took part in phase one, so CZ kill missions if active will pay more from the start on zende side...
If we all work together against the common enemy ....... we can do this ..... the game must be a draw (match fixing unintended of course) :whistle:

Just like Imperial pilots would support an indie faction to stomp a federal one.

And a draw wouldn't work anyway. Pretty sure adversarial CGs showed that same rank doesn't mean it's a draw and getting the exact result to the last credit is impossible.

Perhaps if we all write nice things about the CG and how much fun it was, they will give us another for the alternative weapons ;)

If we all work together against the common enemy ....... we can do this ..... the game must be a draw (match fixing unintended of course) :whistle:
jxJ80g8.png

Just like Imperial pilots would support an indie faction to stomp a federal one.

And a draw wouldn't work anyway. Pretty sure adversarial CGs showed that same rank doesn't mean it's a draw and getting the exact result to the last credit is impossible.
Empire pilots allready helped the indis reach the current CG tier 2...
Some even posted help videos, so those who hate SRV driving could help the indi faction...
War CGs are decided on combat bonds handed in not tiers, its not possible to draw... so its a pipe dream any way...
Phase one has allready crippled the segnen Empire factions rating on my mission board to hostile as I raided and killed there ships for mats and commodities, so I all ready jumped over to zende side by doing phase one and helping the independents by pirating segnen ships...

Battle cutter with GFSD booster will be out there on Thursday... with a taxi at the large landing pad in pencil system to hand in combat bonds at the outposts...

So the missiles are the slightly less rubbish option. :(
yea but the syn mats option only requires 279ly not 800ly of jumps, the mid point system is were you collect mats now not the long jump...
279Ly in a T9 or cutter to get mats might be due able as then you can do USSes and carry 500+limpets and then do ~100 USS at a time with 5 collectors each then jump 279 ly back..

I'm leaning toward the missile option. We already have AX Mcs, and I can envisage a niche for fast smaller ships in a supporting role with missiles. I fancy bringing my 750m/s Courier with three missile launchers to support a wing - missile flybys at max speed.

Unfortunately, I'm 60kly from the conflict area and there's not shuttle service, and my new account offers the choice of an unengineered Viper or a minimally engineered DBS... so I'll be making no impact on this CG.

I'm leaning toward the missile option. We already have AX Mcs, and I can envisage a niche for fast smaller ships in a supporting role with missiles. I fancy bringing my 750m/s Courier with three missile launchers to support a wing - missile flybys at max speed.
AFAIK missiles don't inherit speed of the ship they were launched from.

If you have Guardian Gauss unlocked, you'd be more useful to mount center hardpoint and one of the nacelles with it. Other nacelle should have flak launcher.
Or all 3 should be gauss, but that is quite wide hit spread, you will probably hit with only 2 of them. And they are hitscan.

The new anti-thargoid weapons are de-facto useful only for ships with enough spare hardpoints.
But because the flak is important and thermal vent beam very useful, it is probably only T10 that still has enough free hardpoints. But that ship is - diplomatically said - not very useful for direct thargoid interceptor neutralization operations.

Or for people who don't bother to unlock gauss - but I don't understand why, because you have to grind guardian mats for reloads (even more of them), so why not just grind for gauss - it won't take longer and you are in better position to fight thargoids than with advanced weapons.

My take on those new weapons is that unless FDev changes them, they won't be used a lot - even the missile that is better than MC.

I was excited about these until I learned there were no gimballed version, and no heat seeking version.

I was hoping I could actually load out my ship with weapons, and then swap them to AX mode if I happened upon Thargoids.

I don't think that is going to work out, as they seem to have been designed as extra weapons added on top of your current AX build. I just want to be able to fly about and do whatever comes up without having to spend half the play time re-modding my ship for the activity I saw a while ago which then isn't around once I get the ship I need for it.

AFAIK missiles don't inherit speed of the ship they were launched from.

If you have Guardian Gauss unlocked, you'd be more useful to mount center hardpoint and one of the nacelles with it. Other nacelle should have flak launcher.
Or all 3 should be gauss, but that is quite wide hit spread, you will probably hit with only 2 of them. And they are hitscan.

The new anti-thargoid weapons are de-facto useful only for ships with enough spare hardpoints.
But because the flak is important and thermal vent beam very useful, it is probably only T10 that still has enough free hardpoints. But that ship is - diplomatically said - not very useful for direct thargoid interceptor neutralization operations.

Or for people who don't bother to unlock gauss - but I don't understand why, because you have to grind guardian mats for reloads (even more of them), so why not just grind for gauss - it won't take longer and you are in better position to fight thargoids than with advanced weapons.

My take on those new weapons is that unless FDev changes them, they won't be used a lot - even the missile that is better than MC.

No, missiles don't inherit the ship speed, but as they are dumbfire getting in close quickly could allow three direct hits, then a quick escape.

As for the Gauss... my Courier cannot handle three. I tried. I do have two, plus two large AX MCs and a flak on my Krait - I'm just looking for something different to try out.

I was excited about these until I learned there were no gimballed version, and no heat seeking version.

I was hoping I could actually load out my ship with weapons, and then swap them to AX mode if I happened upon Thargoids.

I don't think that is going to work out, as they seem to have been designed as extra weapons added on top of your current AX build. I just want to be able to fly about and do whatever comes up without having to spend half the play time re-modding my ship for the activity I saw a while ago which then isn't around once I get the ship I need for it.
If you think ax builds are all about the weapons then it's probably as well they designed the new additions the way they are....

Top Bottom