General / Off-Topic Niki Lauda is dead

A great champion is gone and joined his friend.

RIP Niki !

Last edited:
I shall go home, walk the dog, break out some booze and spend the evening re-watching Rush.

Speaking as a long time F1 and Lewis Hamilton fan, Niki Lauda is a bona fide legend right up there with the likes of Senna and Clark and I hope he enjoys their company wherever they all race now.

Race in Peace, Niki.

I shall go home, walk the dog, break out some booze and spend the evening re-watching Rush.

Speaking as a long time F1 and Lewis Hamilton fan, Niki Lauda is a bona fide legend right up there with the likes of Senna and Clark and I hope he enjoys their company wherever they all race now.

Race in Peace, Niki.

Rush is really an excellent movie.
(y)

Yes Rush is an excellent movie.

As a total F1 and motorsport fan I have always had so much admiration for Niki. A true legend......

..... I shouldn't be surprised he has gone. His health had not been good for some time.

Forza Ferrari!

s-l640.jpg

I will participate in a broadcast F1 2018 (ps4) tribute race with commentators on sunday at Austria in the classic 1976 Ferrari. I will post video on sunday & enjoy!

Contestofspeed.com

So they all said 'good bye' today; to an international Legend. This is not just my own view of the man; but the view of many. Those that speak of him, those that have met him, those that have known him, worked with him and those that have had the privilege of having him; as a part of their lives. To my self: A Legend, is just not enough; to some up this man.

Respected? You will find it very hard, to find anyone, who has known him, that does not respect him. From all the racing drivers, team members, fans; from each and every team on the grids. To the business people, who had the honour of working with him, to his family and many, many friends.

Smart and Intelligent? Again, this man could not just rebuild any race car and make it better, he also understood; why it would be better and how each and every part worked. His business acumen, was second to none and yet, he could talk one to one, on so many subjects; at so many levels.

An example? A man of true character, of honour. He hardly ever raised his voice in anger, at anyone. A diplomat, who could see both sides of the question. Honesty to a fault, because he had, nothing to hide of be ashamed of. A genuine family man and a loyal friend.

Bravery? This was a man that drove racing cars, at a time of great personal risk. When a crash almost always meant a fire, where and when, safety was hardly considered and the risk of death after a crash; was running at 25%. Yes, every other driver at the time took the same risks, but after his horrific crash at Nurburgring in 1976: A track of close to 25km and over 140 corners, which he at the time, held the record. After being in the flames of over 2 minutes, causing burns to his whole upper body and worse still, to his lungs and then being given the 'last rights' and spending over month in hospital. He was back, got in to basically, the same car and drove again. Taking the same risks, as he had before. That was the moment, a true Legend, was created and he would spend, the next 40 years; becoming a greater Legend. Including winning two more, Formula 1 World championships.

Today, we all say good bye; but he will always, be in our thoughts, our hearts and even sometimes: in our tears.

This is the man, the Legend, that is: Niki Lauda.
22-02-1949 To 20-05-2019.

Last edited:
So they all said 'good bye' today; to an international Legend. This is not just my own view of the man; but the view of many. Those that speak of him, those that have met him, those that have known him, worked with him and those that have had the privilege of having him; as a part of their lives. To my self: A Legend, is just not enough; to some up this man.

Respected? You will find it very hard, to find anyone, who has known him, that does not respect him. From all the racing drivers, team members, fans; from each and every team on the grids. To the business people, who had the honour of working with him, to his family and many, many friends.

Smart and Intelligent? Again, this man could not just rebuild any race car and make it better, he also understood; why it would be better and how each and every part worked. His business acumen, was second to none and yet, he could talk one to one, on so many subjects; at so many levels.

An example? A man of true character, of honour. He hardly ever raised his voice in anger, at anyone. A diplomat, who could see both sides of the question. Honesty to a fault, because he had, nothing to hide of be ashamed of. A genuine family man and a loyal friend.

Bravery? This was a man that drove racing cars, at a time of great personal risk. When a crash almost always meant a fire, where and when, safety was hardly considered and the risk of death after a crash; was running at 25%. Yes, every other driver at the time took the same risks, but after his horrific crash at Nurburgring in 1976: A track of close to 25km and over 140 corners, which he at the time, held the record. After being in the flames of over 2 minutes, causing burns to his whole upper body and worse still, to his lungs and then being given the 'last rights' and spending over month in hospital. He was back, got in to basically, the same car and drove again. Taking the same risks, as he had before. That was the moment, a true Legend, was created and he would spend, the next 40 years; becoming a greater Legend. Including winning two more, Formula 1 World championships.

Today, we all say good bye; but he will always, be in our thoughts, our hearts and even sometimes: in our tears.

This is the man, the Legend, that is: Niki Lauda.
22-02-1949 To 20-05-2019.
Well said.

He will always be missed.

lqkibflvzbsz.jpg

Top Bottom