General / Off-Topic Niki Lauda is dead

I believe that, that is at the Nurburgring, the track that nearly killed him. I think, back in the day; the F1 cars, could became airborne three times; every lap. F1 cars, are not meant to become airborne.
This photo is superb.

I think that other great drivers have also driven in this style. James Hunt, Michael Schumacher, and other aggressive drivers.

This photo is superb.

I think that other great drivers have also driven in this style. James Hunt, Michael Schumacher, and other aggressive drivers.
I don't think that you could call Niki an aggressive driver, he just understood; how to get the best out of the car and the track. Hunt, was aggressive, one could say, reckless even. In Schumacher's early years, he was very aggressive; but at the same time; like Niki, drove by the seat of his pants and instincts. Schumacher could keep a car, at its limits; lap after lap after lap. Niki, was more of a calculator.

I don't think that you could call Niki an aggressive driver, he just understood; how to get the best out of the car and the track. Hunt, was aggressive, one could say, reckless even. In Schumacher's early years, he was very aggressive; but at the same time; like Niki, drove by the seat of his pants and instincts. Schumacher could keep a car, at its limits; lap after lap after lap. Niki, was more of a calculator.
I agree. Concerning Niki, I did not mean aggressive in the raw sense of the word but aggressive in the noble sense, in the spirit.

To be several times world champion and to get back behind the wheel after a very serious accident, you have to be a warrior I think.

:)

Damn straight. He was the total technical package.

Top Bottom