Nnnnghhhh I hate this game so much right now..

Frontier; you know this is an issue. But RAAAAAA I NEED EMPATHY / SYMPATHY FROM OTHERS

G0iaDrv.jpg

I must've been at it for at least 10 hours now. I just don't get it. Especially because my coaster in the OP actually satisfies the conditions... [sulk]

Thing I find hardest is the average speed, if I manage to get the Excitement / Fear on target the avg speed is always 35MPH, which, for whatever reason, just isn't working.

I must've been at it for at least 10 hours now. I just don't get it. Especially because my coaster in the OP actually satisfies the conditions... [sulk]

Thing I find hardest is the average speed, if I manage to get the Excitement / Fear on target the avg speed is always 35MPH, which, for whatever reason, just isn't working.

More than likely your average speed is like 34.6 rather than 35. The rounding error causes a lot of scenario conditions to not be met.

Yeah I figured that, which is what I was alluding to in the OP with "frontier are aware" bit.

Its happened on the other challenges running up to that one, just it took me so long to get even near the conditions, I was gutted to hit the problem again :(

I can't say I hate this game, but I do feel your pain though. It's really disappointing when I make a roller coaster that I would consider to be well designed only to get something like 4-5 excitement rating even with plenty of scenery. The other thing is that fear does not seem to be calculated correctly as far as I can tell. Take for instance this ride I made (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz435ID7ySM)...somehow I have only 6 Excitement, but 9 FEAR....so basically very few of my guests ever ride this coaster. Personally I see nothing wrong with the coaster and I can't for the life of me, understand why the Fear rating is so high on this ride. I would really like to see a full line for the ride instead of having to resort to making some wacky insane uber coaster. I feel like it discredits the skill required to make more realistically designed coaster. The game should be rewarding to well designed coasters IMO, not just basing it on an algorithm which rewards long descends and boring linear designs.

I can't say I hate this game, but I do feel your pain though. It's really disappointing when I make a roller coaster that I would consider to be well designed only to get something like 4-5 excitement rating even with plenty of scenery. The other thing is that fear does not seem to be calculated correctly as far as I can tell. Take for instance this ride I made (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz435ID7ySM)...somehow I have only 6 Excitement, but 9 FEAR....so basically very few of my guests ever ride this coaster. Personally I see nothing wrong with the coaster and I can't for the life of me, understand why the Fear rating is so high on this ride. I would really like to see a full line for the ride instead of having to resort to making some wacky insane uber coaster. I feel like it discredits the skill required to make more realistically designed coaster. The game should be rewarding to well designed coasters IMO, not just basing it on an algorithm which rewards long descends and boring linear designs.

That seems like such a great layout and all pretty smooth. What's the game calculating for max lateral Gs? Would be nice to see the fear map screenshot. Nice scenery.

When this game was in alpha, your visitors would ride all coasters no matter how crazy they are. Frontier should tweak the AI visitors so they arent so judgemental if it has too much fear or if some parts of the ride make you sick. We shouldnt be punished for our creativity by having no one wanting to try it. Set the ride price to Free. And perhaps build the station on the surface and have the tracks running under ground. Or raise the surface terrain of your park so you have more space underground. Or have the track running mostly through caves. Your guests cant see underground nor through hills. Perhaps try planting lots of scenery.

Last edited:
Its suppose to be a roller coaster, not a kiddie ride. you got to expect some thrill and fear in it. I think if the track is at least 35% excitement that the visitors should just ride it. Otherwise these AI visitors need to get out more lol.

Ive also watched iballisticsquid's youtube videos. he does minecraft vids too. Even simple coasters get bad fear and sickness ratings when theyre not really justified. It makes you think that the visitors act like a bunch of scared kids and grandparents, if they dont go on your reasonable creative rides.

Last edited:

You don't think it's that VERY end do you? Seems just a slight (and I do mean slight) fast going around that last bend into the station...

But I do love that coaster. It's awesome and I'd ride the heck out of it [haha]

Last edited:
You don't think it's that VERY end do you? Seems just a slight (and I do mean slight) fast going around that last bend into the station...

But I do love that coaster. It's awesome and I'd ride the heck out of it [haha]

I've tried tweaking the brakes to slow down the coaster just a bit more and it's still remains 9 something Fear rating lol...honestly I don't even know anymore, I just moved on to a new project which ended up with a 4 Excitement, 4 Fear, and 2 Nausea rating instead. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsCTroVPUlg. FD please fix the rating system :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom