No arctic filter when looking for plants and rocks to put into habitats

me and my friend tested every plant from north america and europe, there is no plant in game that plaeses the polar bear, not even the stuff from greenland.

Last edited:
Well it seems that even though they said there would be new winter foliage, the only new thing we seem to have gotten is christmas trees :( :( :(
(and the reason the bear don't like any of it is probably cus they made it so that the bears in the game is only the ones living in the north pole, and there are no foliage at all there)

I haven’t played with polar bears yet but for the arctic wolf is the exact same. I’m wondering if it’s supposed to be like that but I’ve seen arctic wolves and they like coverage but as for now I cannot filter any plant for the arctic and none of the other ones from North America or Europe suit they liking

Well it seems that even though they said there would be new winter foliage, the only new thing we seem to have gotten is christmas trees :( :( :(
(and the reason the bear don't like any of it is probably cus they made it so that the bears in the game is only the ones living in the north pole, and there are no foliage at all there)

I've only watched some YouTubers showcasing the pack so far, so I've no personal experience.

Nevertheless, the lack of some additional "natural" nordic foliage is actually the one thing that I am dissapointed with, in the new DLC - but it is sort of a biggie for me personally. :(

Sure, the flora is very restricted in this biome.
But I would have hoped for some additional low scrubs, arctic flowers with tiny blossoms or a selection of dwarved, wind-torn conifers/birches.

Regarding the filter:
There is apparently a dedicated "DLC filter" that covers all new DLC content.
I am not sure in respect to the rocks though, as they are part of the free update (IIRC) and not the DLC

Last edited:
The only thing i found arctic wise is the rocks and the christmas trees . Sad really that there is no foliage for this region and no filter for the arctic region , And yes i researched all arctic items to check

You guys realize that the Arctic Circle is well above the treeline, right?

arcticmap-trees.gif

I know most people think of more northern land when they say Artic but wouldn't snow fall still accumulate on trees we have?

You guys realize that the Arctic Circle is well above the treeline, right? ...

Well, the “Arctic Circle” is, but ...
a) we don’t have this one in PZ, but a “Tundra” biome, which still features trees. I believe that the “arctic pack” would have been the best opportunity to add a larger variety of those. Who knows when we will get such a themed DLC again?
b) there would be other plant options than just trees. As mentioned: scrubs, herbage (and possibly a brave, low growing, bush like conifer as a last outpost) would still have been possible.

I'm nowhere near done with my African zoo but when I am I'm going to plan an Arctic Circle zoo and challenge myself to do it without any plants. I think it will be amazing :)

Back
Top Bottom