No Artificial Gravity Proven- In Game Photo!

I have proof that there is no artificial gravity in Elite!

My screenshot:

gcHndSb.png

Please look at your own holo, and see if has the same feature.

Almost all cars have them, and a little bell sounds when you don't use them. :)

If you don't use them in your 8+ G fighter aircraft, you will be converted into a very nasty paste, all over the inside of your cockpit.

As you can see, my ugly form is looking for them too... :)

Wouldn't the lack of a seatbelt/harness suggest there is AG in ED, working to keep you in your seat, with your organs in their correct locations, rather than being a pink mist floating around the cockpit?
Your sarcasm detector needs re-calibration. :)

I'll try again.

Beige Squadron Logic: If there were proper belts or harnesses for the crew, that would show there was artificial gravity... :)

But, as the holo clearly shows, there are none.

So, we all know that Frontier never makes mistakes, and the art department will not have to roll out a stealth patch in a panic, just to correct such a slight oversight as No Seat Belts, in a zero g environment.

Beige Squadron will not have to rush out and defend the Holy Remlok, claiming it's magical powers. Clearly, there is no contradiction to the Holy Writ of The Blue Danube Chorus. :)

There is no truth to the use of artificial gravity being one of the most common forms of handwaivium in the space genre. It's not like coders would just assume it anyway, ignoring the Blue Danube Chorus. :)

I hope everyone is now confused at a higher level.

Last edited:
You do understand that you wouldn't stay in your seat magically because there is no gravity? Ship maneuvers. You'd be flying all over the cockpit.
But, Beige Squadron says otherwise! We can't let mere facts get in the way of our preservation of the 1984 version of the game! It's Holy Writ that there is no artificial gravity! :)

Sarcasm Off: I have had my helmet bounced off the Plexiglass of my canopy many times in Real Life. At accelerations far below those in Elite. The harness had previously been tightened down until it hurt to breathe. The "no artificial gravity" chorus needs to be locked into a centrifuge at max, being fed the soundtrack of 2001, until they cry "uncle". Frontier's own art department didn't bother with belts or webbing, probably because they assumed the sci-fi constant of artificial gravity from popular culture. That, and the problems of rendering it.

Frontier needs to admit they have been faking it the whole time. So does Beige Squadron. :(

I think it's been well established, that with accelerations of 40+ G's, that that's a hot-airbag. :)

Sarcasm Off: I have had my helmet bounced off the Plexiglass of my canopy many times in Real Life. At accelerations far below those in Elite. The harness had previously been tightened down until it hurt to breathe. The "no artificial gravity" chorus needs to be locked into a centrifuge at max, being fed the soundtrack of 2001, until they cry "uncle". Frontier's own art department didn't bother with belts or webbing, probably because they assumed the sci-fi constant of artificial gravity from popular culture. That, and the problems of rendering it.

We can land on 9G worlds for extended periods of time without feeling much strain, people certainly live on planets with much higher gravity than Earth, and they live in space as well in zero-g without worrying too much about bone loss or muscle atrophy. Beyond the artistic license the game can take with regards to the lore, I think it's quite obvious humanity has a very good grasp of bio-engineering to allow us to sustain extreme conditions.

But, Beige Squadron says otherwise! We can't let mere facts get in the way of our preservation of the 1984 version of the game! It's Holy Writ that there is no artificial gravity! :)

We're not even talking about 1984 here. We're talking about David himself telling us there is no artificial gravity in the world of Elite Dangerous, not Elite 1984.
As others have said, your remlock suit already attaches to the back of the seat. If you think that's not enough, you can imagine the whole back of the suit is magnetized (the soles certainly will be to allow you to walk).

And if seat belts are all you need to put your worries regarding consistency at rest, why don't you go make a legit suggestion for it instead of constantly seeking to insult the rest of us with that petty sarcasm that has permeated all of your posts for the past two years?

I believe your remlok suit attaches to the chair. No need for seat belts.
As I pointed out above, there are 4 circles on the seat and at the back of your Remlok Suite. That's where we are attached to the seat. I gues that's also how we get oxygen from the life support system.

You are looking at deceleration forces of around 60g (negative) in a plane crash. Our cmdrs will happily plow into a station with G5 shields and experience well over 100g. Why are we talking about seat-belts or being attached to the chair via a suit? 😂

You are looking at deceleration forces of around 60g (negative) in a plane crash. Our cmdrs will happily plow into a station with G5 shields and experience well over 100g. Why are we talking about seat-belts or being attached to the chair via a suit? 😂
Probably a combination of exoskeleton and genetic engineering. We are all cockroaches in 3305.

Top Bottom