No Artificial Gravity Proven- In Game Photo!

We know without a doubt there are no inertial dampeners (that goes with no artificial gravity), and yet we evidently don't turn into pulp. So you either have to accept that the game takes some artistic license for the sake of gameplay, our you have to accept that humans in 3300 are a lot more resistant.
Sorry, I was just stirring the pot. I'm sure everyone here knows its all an impossible fiction :) Even the op fully knows this, and every person replying knows this. We are all just trolling each other because its fun to talk about the Fictional world we love, especially when I'm trying to get some work done, I can't justify getting the flight stick out, but a quick replying to a funny post satisfy's the itch.

You don't need seat belts, the remlok suit is locked to the seat, just look at empty seat to see these mechanism.
About walking in ships:

ref. Remlok Suits - ED wiki
Yes. Remlok is the answer.
According to the ED RPG we also have magnetic boots with an automatic on/off mechanism for easy walking around in ships in zero G. So if there will ever be something like space legs, we should be able to actually walk around.
Isn't it funny that people want to walk around in their ships all the time, while we actually would rather glide around?

Yes. Remlok is the answer.
According to the ED RPG we also have magnetic boots with an automatic on/off mechanism for easy walking around in ships in zero G. So if there will ever be something like space legs, we should be able to actually walk around.
Isn't it funny that people want to walk around in their ships all the time, while we actually would rather glide around?

Heheh...
Remlock Space Boots 2.0

The Remlok suit has advanced technology within tight body-hugging garments and materials. It provides environmental protection from extreme temperature variations and hazards such as hard vacuum in depressurization. The suit can be augmented to provide attachments for tools and other items. There are solid helmets for space walks to provide sturdy functionality and protection from accidental knocks.

Yes these pages are community/fan made but could this be some foreshadowing???? Minor tangent, but still kinda relevant...space boots...

Holograms are only used for SLF and Multicrew, so...
I know. I was quoting from the OP, cos pedantic. Could have gone down the rabbit hole of mass not just being 'stuff', but energy and photons having energy but no mass. I find that puzzling, and I need to read more.

The other day, I actually understood the double slit experiment. Not the finer details, but what the actual problem [question] was. I'm 50; we didn't do that at school. I'm ranting...

The OP: I assumed some sort of magnetic coupling to the seat. The bigger problem would be a human body not turning into jelly due to the G Force at multiples of C.

Magnetic boots have been around for many many years...
7641cb341c475fea4be4891d6c83b1ad.jpg

We know without a doubt there are no inertial dampeners (that goes with no artificial gravity), and yet we evidently don't turn into pulp. So you either have to accept that the game takes some artistic license for the sake of gameplay, our you have to accept that humans in 3300 are a lot more resistant.

Or... there are but they're not 100% efficient, or perhaps the ship deliberately applies vestigal amounts of g-force to assist with our situational awareness - in the same way it generates artifical sound for us?

I know. I was quoting from the OP, cos pedantic. Could have gone down the rabbit hole of mass not just being 'stuff', but energy and photons having energy but no mass. I find that puzzling, and I need to read more.

The other day, I actually understood the double slit experiment. Not the finer details, but what the actual problem [question] was. I'm 50; we didn't do that at school. I'm ranting...

The OP: I assumed some sort of magnetic coupling to the seat. The bigger problem would be a human body not turning into jelly due to the G Force at multiples of C.
Coupling to the seat gets managed by the 4 bolts which are on the seat and the back of the remlok suit. I believe I mentioned it somewhere.

But if your ship has artificial gravity at 1G for comfort, it is relative to the inside of your ship only... Unlike dogfighting IRL where rapid movement within the gravitic influence will have forces acting on bodies the gravity is local and its sphere of influence is wholly within the ship. Any movement of the ship does not move the relative gravity...

So your locally generated comfort is maintained regrdless of the attitude or velocity of your vehicle... (and possibly maintains comfort within the ship even in larger gravity fields?)

Basic artificial gravity would simply apply a constant 1g force in the "down" direction to everything in the ship. That doesn't mean this would prevent external forces being applied as well. The G-forces created by dogfighting would also happen in a zero-g environment.

Anyway as many people said, the reason why we don't die from high g-force maneuvers probably has something to do with bio-engineering/suit technology.

Coupling to the seat gets managed by the 4 bolts which are on the seat and the back of the remlok suit. I believe I mentioned it somewhere.
You probably did. I've seen the pictures of the suit and the 'discs' on the seat. A bit like Lego? I was joining in with the conversation and lazily didn't read every line in this thread. Sometimes I just want to make contact with people; even if I sound vague and naive. Don't get a lot of human contact atm, and this is not a sob story: I say something and visualise another person laughing at my comment, but forget that nuance is lacking without seeing facial expressions. And pubs are closing in their thousands every day; so...

Going to have to guess you’re talking about the burn-with-the-car restraint system. As noted RemLock suits attach to your seat via an interlock system on the back, as well as the Velcro butt-pad.

RemLock is actually short for “Remember to Lock” your suit to your seat, as the early models had to be engaged manually, and one too many hotshot pilots wound up against their canopies or rear cabin bulkheads because they didn’t manually engage the locking restraints.

'Artificial Gravity': What does that mean? I guess that means applying a force that replicates gravity (like the Coriolis effect (not as in weather systems on Earth in this case))? Acceleration could 'fool' the body into feeling something similar to weight, but when coming to a halt, you'd end up floating. See, I'm not an expert. I've read some articles and watched some videos about Einstein et al. I managed to wrap my head around the speed of light being constant (in the sense of its relative velocity to you) if you move towards it or away from it. That takes some doing for someone with my education. But, out of curiosity and going over it over and over again, I understand the 'problems'.

Artificial Gravity is like saying; 'Artificial Mass'.

This seems pointless to explain. I was more [school days] at home with English language than mathematical equations. I could absorb myself into a novel, but a blackboard with chalked up mathematical symbols, and I'd either panic or drift off. I once told my Physics teacher about how I stayed awake all night imagining a star size mirror accelerating away from Earth near the speed of light and thousands/millions of years later someone pointing a telescope at it and wondering if they'd see it take off. My Physics teacher said that was more for degree students. I couldn't do the maths so was left with my dreams.

I don't have the scientific language, but I have the imagination and am far from stupid. Forget the working class accent/background; look up John Bell

Sorry. 'nuf said.

Last edited:
[Nerd Mode="On"] Magnetic boots might help you walk, but walking would still be significantly more difficult. When we walk in normal G, our leg muscles are only used to balance against gravity. In a 0 G environment, our leg muscles would be used to keep our entire body from leaning forward/backward. Micro-thrusters might be helpful in keeping upright, but then, if we had them, it'd be just as easy to use them to move about the cabin. [/Nerd]

We
'Artificial Gravity': What does that mean? I guess that means applying a force that replicates gravity (like the Coriolis effect (not as in weather systems on Earth in this case))? Acceleration could 'fool' the body into feeling something similar to weight, but when coming to a halt, you'd end up floating. See, I'm not an expert. I've read some articles and watched some videos about Einstein et al. I managed to wrap my head around the speed of light being constant (in the sense of its relative velocity to you) if you move towards it or away from it. That takes some doing for someone with my education. But, out of curiosity and going over it over and over again, I understand the 'problems'.

Artificial Gravity is like saying; 'Artificial Mass'.

This seems pointless to explain. I was more [school days] at home with English language than mathematical equations. I could absorb myself into a novel, but a blackboard with chalked up mathematical symbols, and I'd either panic or drift off. I once told my Physics teacher about how I stayed awake all night imagining a star size mirror accelerating away from Earth near the speed of light and thousands/millions of years later someone pointing a telescope at it and wondering if they'd see it take off. My Physics teacher said that was more for degree students. I couldn't do the maths so was left with my dreams.

I don't have the scientific language, but I have the imagination and am far from stupid. Forget the working class accent/background; look up John Bell

Sorry. 'nuf said.
Well, I’m no physicist either, but this is at least interesting: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.te...e-created-inside-graphene-say-physicists/amp/

If mass can be created inside graphene, that certainly sounds “artificial” to me...

[Nerd Mode="On"] Magnetic boots might help you walk, but walking would still be significantly more difficult. When we walk in normal G, our leg muscles are only used to balance against gravity. In a 0 G environment, our leg muscles would be used to keep our entire body from leaning forward/backward. Micro-thrusters might be helpful in keeping upright, but then, if we had them, it'd be just as easy to use them to move about the cabin. [/Nerd]
Exoskeleton.

You probably wouldn't see anything since your mirror doesn't emit any light... ;)

'Holo' having no mass, so...

Underrated comment. Take an artificial upvote.

Going to have to guess you’re talking about the burn-with-the-car restraint system. As noted RemLock suits attach to your seat via an interlock system on the back, as well as the Velcro butt-pad.

RemLock is actually short for “Remember to Lock” your suit to your seat, as the early models had to be engaged manually, and one too many hotshot pilots wound up against their canopies or rear cabin bulkheads because they didn’t manually engage the locking restraints.

Another underrated comment.

Also I completely don't understand why wtfdev had to go backwards and go with "no artificial gravity". But I guess if you want ships handling like WW2 planes ;P

Exoskeleton.

By this I assume you mean the that the suit is an exoskeleton and therefore reinforces you. Problem is, it also adds mass, so unless it reinforces your joints with servo-motors, that'd be even more mass your ankles/knees/hips would have to react to so that you could "walk" effectively with mag-boots. Honestly, in my humble opinion, simple free-floating (maybe with micro-thruster assist) is your best option for moving about the cabin. :)

Top Bottom