No Artificial Gravity Proven- In Game Photo!

Only 60 Gs? Crashing into a large pillow? That's actually a rather low figure

Low compared to a high speed CFIT. Trust me, a deceleration force of 60g in less than a second is not like crashing into a pillow. Most accidents occur at relatively low speeds during take off and landing.

Only 60 Gs? Crashing into a large pillow? That's actually a rather low figure, all things considered. Also, there's a big difference between momentary and sustained Gs. With the former, broken necks, etc. are more of a concern than blacking out.
Low compared to a high speed CFIT. Trust me, a deceleration force of 60g in less than a second is not like crashing into a pillow. Most accidents occur at relatively low speeds during take off and landing.

What I know for sure is that to certify an aircraft seat and its installation they must stand a 16G impact when a person would not surive to it.
A trained pilot can stand 9G for few moments without losing consciousness. A regular guy like me will throw up after few maneuvers at 2G (almost there during steep turns and stall training on a Piper PA 28 :sick:).

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfg-nEQV48A

I was thinking at faster speeds, where a pillow wouldn't feel all that soft, so fair enough, and with the statistics you mention, it makes sense.

Just trying to help put things in perspective.

I have proof that there is no artificial gravity in Elite!

My screenshot:

gcHndSb.png

Please look at your own holo, and see if has the same feature.

Almost all cars have them, and a little bell sounds when you don't use them. :)

If you don't use them in your 8+ G fighter aircraft, you will be converted into a very nasty paste, all over the inside of your cockpit.

As you can see, my ugly form is looking for them too... :)

I thought you'd talk about the moustache.

This may go back to my point about momentary and sustained. Unless I'm totally off the mark here from what I remember, people can sometimes momentarily experience more Gs and still survive. Things like car accidents come to mind.
True that, but John Stapp demonstrated that the type of harness makes the difference between surviving and dying. So we go back to the OP where no seat belts are shown (which presence could be the responsible for certain death) and once again the Elite Lore can't be completely proven wrong. Good news then we're still in the legitimate bounds of sci-fi!

True that, but John Stapp demonstrated that the type of harness makes the difference between surviving and dying. So we go back to the OP where no seat belts are shown (which presence could be the responsible for certain death) and once again the Elite Lore can't be completely proven wrong. Good news then we're still in the legitimate bounds of sci-fi!
And if not, I'd at least prefer some modest attempt at practical and contextual explanations to blur the fourth wall before I come crashing through it... ;)

Cheers.

I hope there are more connections than just the two in the upper back area. Otherwise we'd be broken into pieces with the right gravity mix. Hopefully there are some "cheek" connectors as well... ;)

-CMDR Ex

Yup, my point was just that some people might call it unrealistic how the Remlok Suite has such great functionality.
Well if I told someone 60 years ago that a SSD will have a million times more capacity while being 1/1000 of the size he would've told me that I am a mad man. Elite Dangerous takes place 1000 years in the future. Everything is possible.

Certainly not Moore!

We know without a doubt there are no inertial dampeners (that goes with no artificial gravity), and yet we evidently don't turn into pulp. So you either have to accept that the game takes some artistic license for the sake of gameplay, our you have to accept that humans in 3300 are a lot more resistant.

I choose the former.

I'd actually expect the type of harness needed for our vessels would be a "clam shell" that would embrace the entire torso, leaving only arms and legs free. Something to reinforce the neck would definitely be advisable but maybe a bit restricting. I'd also expect gimballed seats like you see in that one racing vessel used in the Expanse.

Why does the hair of commanders not float around if there's no gravity (artificial or otherwise)?
What's the point in asking this question (never mind my Commander doesn't have all that much hair for similar plausibility reasons I prefer to adhere to)? Is this an issue Frontier should resolve? Presumably, most people know this is a video game, but that doesn't mean they should throw the baby out with the bathwater regarding at least modest attempts of contextual plausibility.

Your mileage and willing suspensions of disbelief may vary.

What I know for sure is that to certify an aircraft seat and its installation they must stand a 16G impact when a person would not surive to it.
A trained pilot can stand 9G for few moments without losing consciousness. A regular guy like me will throw up after few maneuvers at 2G (almost there during steep turns and stall training on a Piper PA 28 :sick:).

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfg-nEQV48A

I'll always remember, when I was a kid, my old man had to eject from a SEPECAT Jaguar over the Omani desert (he wrote an article about it) he said it was the most violent thing he has ever experienced.

Regarding your training - I think stall recovery during PPL training is enough to make anyone want to hurl!

What's the point in asking this question (never mind my Commander doesn't have all that much hair for similar plausibility reasons I prefer to adhere to)? Is this an issue Frontier should resolve? Presumably, most people know this is a video game, but that doesn't mean they should throw the baby out with the bathwater regarding at least modest attempts of contextual plausibility.

Your mileage and willing suspensions of disbelief may vary.

I did say previously in this thread and in other many months ago that looking for consistency in a videogame is futile, I merely pointing out rather glaring flaws in the theories of people.

Top Bottom