No incentive to play Franchise (Some Suggestions on a complete overhaul)

Kinda torn on this one. I do think more late game mechanics / challenges would be good to keep up interest because it does get to a point where it is too easy.

I think introducing something like emergency animal dumps which you could accept or not. if you accept you get a boost to zoo rating or something but you can't sell or release the 5 animals dumped on you which all have pretty poor stats (ex pets or circus animals for example) would be a good mechanism because a) you'd be forced to redesign your zoo to accomodate them but b) they wouldn't be able to skew the market. You could even make it so you can't breed them.

I disagree that it should be made more competitive - I like management but have no real interest in competing and I don't have any issue with the fairness or otherwise of franchise. So i have no problem with other people farming for CC at 3x speed. Whatever floats your boat basically. I'd rather be challenged by the game itself. That also feels somewhat more realistic. In real life Zoos don't really compete with each other directly for customers or for animals because they usually aren't next to each other and tend to be less destination attractions themselves than theme parks (You don't go to San Diego just for the Zoo, you do go to disneyland). And since the bad old days of taking most zoo animals from the wild, the requirements for genetic diversification and maintaining healthy populations basically means reputable zoos are cooperating much more than they are competing.

I've always been against direct trading because they do present a barrier to new or casual players if you have to effectively join a discord or play with your friends to be able to get hold of animals. I wouldn't mind them raising the cap a bit though - especially for some species. it should feel like work to get a giant panda or a herd of elephants.

I do have to say though that I am not one of those players who has accumulated millions in cc. I have plenty for what I need in terms of I'm rarely unable to buy what I want because I don't have the CC but I also don't tend to sell for a profit much. Different play styles are going to produce very different outcomes so that's another reason I think it makes more sense for challenges to be game based not player based.

Yep, something that I like about ZT2 challenge mode was the star system and that certain animals were tied to it. You had to start with easy to keep animals and make your way up to better ones. I really miss that system. I also miss the random challenges that could award you animals. Like "look, we got a zebra in bad condition, if you can keep it happy for 2 monts, you can keep it" etc. Just like the real zoos sometimes take in animals from pet trade etc. It was exciting to never know what you will get, like you did not plan to get an Orangutan, but now you have to make space for it,

I could use more challenges like this in challenge mode.

Yep, something that I like about ZT2 challenge mode was the star system and that certain animals were tied to it. You had to start with easy to keep animals and make your way up to better ones. I really miss that system. I also miss the random challenges that could award you animals. Like "look, we got a zebra in bad condition, if you can keep it happy for 2 monts, you can keep it" etc. Just like the real zoos sometimes take in animals from pet trade etc. It was exciting to never know what you will get, like you did not plan to get an Orangutan, but now you have to make space for it,

I could use more challenges like this in challenge mode.
The earning of higher tier stuff (for PZ: animals) does work for many games I've played, always liked that.

Other things that worked for me, were dealing with emergency situations like in Theme Hospital/Two point hospital - like you mentioned with the random challenges

Competing AI zoos in challenge/sandbox zoos and franchise rankings of your zoo - maybe even a more local level. (world/continent/country) would make things interesting.

Top Bottom