No more patch updates before Fleet Carriers?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Stephen just said in the live stream that the next update for Elite will be Fleet Carriers. However in the Community Update (22/10) they've said (emphasis mine):

• From now and into next year (2020), the updates will focus almost exclusively on addressing recent and longstanding issues, including those reported in the Issue Tracker, ultimately making the game better.
  • We are expecting to have a series of these updates, which will be rolled out (approximately) every three to four months.
  • Each update will also include a public beta that will run prior to the update's release, with a dedicated time to address major issues that appear.
  • The first of these updates will have its public beta in December, with an expectation that the launch will be early in 2020.

So are there or are there not going to be any more bugfix updates before Fleet Carriers?

Last edited:
The second one would have been focused on Galnet bugs. 😜

Frontier has been quite vague with the number of bug updates so I already suspected there won't be time for a second one. I guess the FC update will fix some bugs too.

The more interesting question is now, will that be June 30th or some time earlier in Q2.

I was wondering the same. Originally I thought we were getting MULTIPLE bug fixes BEFORE Fleet Carriers. So much for that...

I find it very hard to accept that Frontier was anywhere near ready to launch FCs back in December. I think they fell way behind in production and just used a certain "open letter" as an excuse to cover over their own internal issues. Considering the high turnover in developers, it's no wonder they are so far behind schedule. What we are seeing is Brooks's Law in action, I believe, though worse since senior developers are leaving in droves.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Why not both? I mean, I haven’t watched today’s stream but is there any particular reason why we think the FC update will not have bug fixes with it?

The post made an impression there would be more than 1 purely patch-focused bugfixed and THEN we'd get the FC patch.

I'm sure it will have a lot of bugfixes in it, as all main patches, which is great. But that's not the point.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
The post made an impression there would be more than 1 purely patch-focused bugfixed and THEN we'd get the FC patch.

I'm sure it will have a lot of bugfixes in it, as all main patches, which is great. But that's not the point.
Wasn’t the point of those patches bug fixing? Because if so my comment is still relevant.

There are for sure ongoing some fixes server side, it is clearly visible on BGS. However everything else is reduced or disabled and practically nothing is commented more in detail. Even last newsleter had barely 1/2 of usual content. In issues-tracker is huge amount of reports marked as "Expired" ... surprisingly numerous of these issues are still "valid" but not enought attractive/painfull to be confirmed. But we got discounts on paintjobs/kits except these stygian :)

Would a FC update that includes bug fixes still get a beta or was that deal exclusively for focused bug fig update(s)?

I was wondering the same. Originally I thought we were getting MULTIPLE bug fixes BEFORE Fleet Carriers. So much for that...
They never gave a number.

I find it very hard to accept that Frontier was anywhere near ready to launch FCs back in December. I think they fell way behind in production and just used a certain "open letter" as an excuse to cover over their own internal issues.
There is no evidence to back this up in any shape or form.

Considering the high turnover in developers, it's no wonder they are so far behind schedule. What we are seeing is Brooks's Law in action, I believe, though worse since senior developers are leaving in droves.
What high turnover of Devs? Any link for this fact.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom