No more patch updates before Fleet Carriers?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I don't think any more bugfixing patches would do the game any good anymore. By now the game seems hopelessly broken at the foundation level. Every fix breaks other things, sometimes more than it fixes. The only hope is consolidation/rewrite for the big update. I expect fleet carriers will come in a messy state and will be brought to semi-working before the big update.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
I don't think any more bugfixing patches would do the game any good anymore. By now the game seems hopelessly broken at the foundation level. Every fix breaks other things, sometimes more than it fixes.

That didn't happen with the last bug fix patch. Yes, there was a little hiccup, but they fixed everything they've said in the patch notes and didn't break anything else (following 2 hotfix patches).

I expect fleet carriers will come in a messy state and will be brought to semi-working before the big update.
Like this? 🤭
1583171597584.png

Hi friend, Chanté and myself don't work on Elite - sorry! The Elite CM team is working hard (and growing too, so there'll be more people who can help you further) and they read everything, so they'll reply when they can. I'm sure they'll be back with fun activities soon, so bear with them <3!
So I guess the best way to get a response from Will is to go to the Planet Zoo forums and page him from there? :D

By the way, soon means tomorrow. You probably meant soon™ which can mean anything... ;)

Since Frontier is a publicly-traded company, it's their fiscal responsibility to lie to us (or better yet, say nothing at all) in order to keep the stockholders happy. It's all about the profits and promise of future growth. I can't blame the developers or CMs for this, it's just capitalism 101. 🤷
While it's absolutely true that public companies have to deal with a different set of constraints than private ones, the sharing of material information with customers of those companies isn't something that's terribly restricted by their public status. Frontier could be much better communicators with us when it comes to their development roadmap, the little steps they're taking, the nature and structure of future features, and so on. I guess what I'm getting at is that I'm not entirely sure they are forced to be this clandestine about things from either a technical or investor relations standpoint. I think they could be much more open about how and why they do things.

Regular betas, feedback loops, livestreams that actually show us how things like fleet carriers will work; none of these things will cause investors to hit the bullboards with negativity, nor would they constitute disclosures that a public company can't make for regulatory reasons.

That didn't happen with the last bug fix patch. Yes, there was a little hiccup, but they fixed everything they've said in the patch notes and didn't break anything else (following 2 hotfix patches).

The January update was the one that introduced the stuttering on entering systems that was fixed (on PC) with patch 1. It wasn't a change that appeared in the beta, it was the only thing I checked (and in the beta there was no change from live at the time).

Stephen Benedetti

Community Manager
Hey @rootsrat, thanks for asking.

As mentioned in the post that you linked to "We are now planning for Fleet Carriers to be released in an update in the second quarter of 2020". Now that we are just about to start entering that second quarter, the next update is going to include Fleet Carriers, which we expect to have more news about very soon. I can also confirm that this is not mutually exclusive from the other development work going into the update which will include some bug fixes. It is always more efficient to combine content and fixes into a single update, in order to reduce the time spent preparing and deploying those releases.

Thanks for your patience.

lets be honest here Devs gave us 2 updates in Jan, the bug fix update and the update to fix the bugs created by the previous update.

They could justifiable now hold out until August without a further update and say well we've given you 2 updates in the last 8 months as promised.

I wouldnt put it past them!

As mentioned in the post that you linked to "We are now planning for Fleet Carriers to be released in an update in the second quarter of 2020". Now that we are just about to start entering that second quarter, the next update is going to include Fleet Carriers, which we expect to have more news about very soon. I can also confirm that this is not mutually exclusive from the other development work going into the update which will include some bug fixes. It is always more efficient to combine content and fixes into a single update, in order to reduce the time spent preparing and deploying those releases.

Thanks Stephen :)

Can you answer yet whether some or all of Galnet News Articles, Community Goals, and Interstellar Initiatives, are (not) returning alongside Fleet Carriers?

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator

British translation dictionary addendum

What the Brit says: "very soon"
What the Brit means: "I have no frikkin´ idea when yet"
What others understand: "within the next few days/hours"

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom