No Neofabric Insulation anywhere

One of my objectives is liberate the Corrosion Resistance Cargo and I cant find any mission with Neofabric Insulation as reward...

No station has it to sell...

Cant find it anywhere...I think its better with Fdev could take a look...becouse I think something is broken...anyone found it after 3.03 somewhere ?

One of my objectives is liberate the Corrosion Resistance Cargo and I cant find any mission with Neofabric Insulation as reward...

No station has it to sell...

Cant find it anywhere...I think its better with Fdev could take a look...becouse I think something is broken...anyone found it after 3.03 somewhere ?

Those are not a purchasable commodity. They only spawn as mission rewards, and they seem to have disappeared from these - possibly around the time they started tweaking the 3.0.3 mission board rewards... there may be a connection there. Have a look through the known issues section to see if it's listed?

Those are not a purchasable commodity. They only spawn as mission rewards, and they seem to have disappeared from these - possibly around the time they started tweaking the 3.0.3 mission board rewards... there may be a connection there. Have a look through the known issues section to see if it's listed?

Can confirm they have gone after they did the balance pass. Wasted a couple of evenings gathering tech broker stuff to fall on this hurdle. Would have taken them if i had known they were needed before the tweaks came in. Reminds me of the modular terminals fiasco.

GMOAkT6.png

bring manifest scanner, hatchbreaker limpets, collector limpets.

Find a wrecked megaship - the two in Pleiades Sector IR-W d1-55 near the Oracle (Banner and Hercules class) have lots of cargo holds, though you will probably have to relog.

Datalink scan ship, then Manifest scan cargo holds until you find the one you want. Datalink Scan the cargo hatch, target the Limpet Docking Point subtarget, scoop the tasty loot.

Or you can express your poutrage on the forums like ^^^^ ;)

* Of course these are somewhat random, so you might need to find another - I hear reports of others in Electra

Edit: As someone pointed out later, unwrecked megaships give stolen goods, so useless for most ppl. So I changed the post to talk about how to get them from wrecked megaships as then they are not stolen, and the technique is easier. Though you don't get as many as above :)

And I added a video of me doing it in a later post : https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...ion-anywhere?p=6561640&viewfull=1#post6561640

Last edited:
Not in the game right now but I believe it says "clean goods only" or something to that effect on the tech broker screen.

hmmm, that miiiight be an issue then - can't remember if they're marked as stolen. Could try and get them from the wrecked megaships - they're public - but supplies are lower and I can't remember if the neofabric drops from them. An interesting task for someone who needs them ;)

so the megaship thing doesnt work ? ive just got like 7 stolen neofabric insulation so i shouldnt bother getting the rest ? this game is becoming so frustrating. the most frustrating bit is when like this happens silence from frontier.

Great tip, thanks! But my problem is, that all cargo sticks to the megaship like glue, so my limpets destroy trying to get to them andI can't get close enough!?

Edit: found another megaship and got my cargo. Again, thanks for the tip :) rep inc

Last edited:
I've been avoiding doing megaship piracy because I don't want to get stuck with a notoriety rating, it seems like it's not going down in the current patch. Are these megaships guarded by NPCs or just derelict?

https://i.imgur.com/GMOAkT6.png

bring manifest scanner, hatchbreaker limpets, collector limpets.

Find a wrecked megaship - the two in Pleiades Sector IR-W d1-55 near the Oracle (Banner and Hercules class) have lots of cargo holds, though you will probably have to relog.

Datalink scan ship, then Manifest scan cargo holds until you find the one you want. Datalink Scan the cargo hatch, target the Limpet Docking Point subtarget, scoop the tasty loot.

Or you can express your poutrage on the forums like ^^^^ ;)

* Of course these are somewhat random, so you might need to find another - I hear reports of others in Electra

Edit: As someone pointed out later, unwrecked megaships give stolen goods, so use for most ppl. So I changed the post to talk about how to get them from wrecked megaships as then they are not stolen, and the technique is easier. Though you don't get as many as above :)

Thanks for the info!

I've been avoiding doing megaship piracy because I don't want to get stuck with a notoriety rating, it seems like it's not going down in the current patch. Are these megaships guarded by NPCs or just derelict?

Just fyi, you don't get notoriety for non violent crimes. Megaship piracy is "ok".

Top Bottom