No Neofabric Insulation anywhere

Just fyi, you don't get notoriety for non violent crimes. Megaship piracy is "ok".

Right, the piracy itself is just a bounty - I was worried about the clean NPC ships guarding the megaship, which would give me notoriety if I blow them up. Normally I'd just deal with waiting the couple of hours for the notoriety to wear off, but from what people are saying it seems like it's currently bugged and never wears off.

I just looted the Banner Class cargo ship next to The Oracle and got what I needed with no notoriety issues. Yeah sure, a Thargoid ship dropped by a few times to scan the ship for mats too but it didn't bother or stop me.

I'm on my way back to the bubble now to do my unlock. When that is complete I will have 12 extra Neofabric Insulation units up for grabs for one lucky Commander.

Just want to say props to Factabulous for giving me a reason to engage in an aspect of the game I've not had a reason to try until now. [up]

I also want to say 'No! Bad dog!' to FDev for not implementing the means to bring commodities to Tech Brokers over multiple visits (rather than all in one go), especially since they already have the mechanics in place to do this for Engineers. [down]

Just want to say props to Factabulous for giving me a reason to engage in an aspect of the game I've not had a reason to try until now. [up]

Thanks! I was only trying it yesterday to see if it was good for farming mats. Failed for my mission but accidentally solved a larger problem for others, so that time feels more worthwhile :D

Well, I'm giving it a try but it looks like it's bugged... most of the cargo canisters don't leave the cargo hold, so I can only get a small fraction of the neofabric insulators - this last time the cargo scanner detected 7 of them, but only 2 actually made it out of the ship and collector limpets just crash into the hull and can't fish the rest out. Ah well.

Well, I'm giving it a try but it looks like it's bugged... most of the cargo canisters don't leave the cargo hold, so I can only get a small fraction of the neofabric insulators - this last time the cargo scanner detected 7 of them, but only 2 actually made it out of the ship and collector limpets just crash into the hull and can't fish the rest out. Ah well.

Same thing happened to me a couple of times but I stuck it out and now have the c4 CRCRs.

Thanks everyone!

bring manifest scanner, hatchbreaker limpets, collector limpets.

Find a wrecked megaship - the two in Pleiades Sector IR-W d1-55 near the Oracle (Banner and Hercules class) have lots of cargo holds, though you will probably have to relog.

Datalink scan ship, then Manifest scan cargo holds until you find the one you want. Datalink Scan the cargo hatch, target the Limpet Docking Point subtarget, scoop the tasty loot.

* Of course these are somewhat random, so you might need to find another - I hear reports of others in Electra

Edit: As someone pointed out later, unwrecked megaships give stolen goods, so useless for most ppl. So I changed the post to talk about how to get them from wrecked megaships as then they are not stolen, and the technique is easier. Though you don't get as many as above :)

And I added a video of me doing it in a later post : https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...ion-anywhere?p=6561640&viewfull=1#post6561640

thanks for this - it was a great help !!! +1 rep, thanks again.... appreciated.

thanks for this - it was a great help !!! +1 rep, thanks again.... appreciated.

If this is for the Ram Tah mission, just wait till you're sampling thargoids by sticking a probe in them. It's brutal. Died five times and gave up. I genuinely had a great time though.. heart-in-mouth stuff.

As per usual, resurrecting an old thread due to my incompetence.

I've arrived at Delphi and found the wrecked Hercules mega ship.

I've equipped a manifest scanner, hatch breaker and limpets. All bound to fire groups.

Arrived in the system, flew to the mega ship; got close, scanned it with my data scanner. All good. Now I can see an inventory with the cargo hatches.

Next, located the cargo hatches, selected one, flew close(ish) to the cargo hatch. Span up the manifest scanner, takes ~10 seconds to run. Once done, I check the left-hand menu in the cockpit and the "> Target" panel next to the "Contacts" tab is disabled.

Can anyone tell me HOW to scan for cargo? I've followed @Factabulous' post earlier in this thread where they do this, yet it's just not working for me.

The modules are powered and functional. I just don't understand how to find what's in the hatch.

PS, yes I'm after neofabric insulators!

Last edited:
To use that post you also need a time machine back to when the thread was live ...
D'oh!

OK, so neo-fabs are only available as mission rewards?

Actually, looks like I can buy them - that's what EDDB says.

Apologies in advance and sorry for resurrecting a necro-thread!

D'oh!

OK, so neo-fabs are only available as mission rewards?

Actually, looks like I can buy them - that's what EDDB says.

Apologies in advance and sorry for resurrecting a necro-thread!

... you can only buy them from Fleet Carriers. They are produced only as mission rewards.

click "Exports" then "Filter Carriers":

also...

necro disco .gif

You cannot hatchbreak the megaships due to a long standing bug. So it would not of worked anyway...

Actually we should start thinking of getting a cake in for this particular bug, it will be 2 years old before we know it...

One hint:
Rescuing passengers from burning stations is a fast way to get mission only commodities (burning stations might be rare at the moment)
A Conda with a size 7 cargo rack rest economy cabins is quite a solution
Thanks,

that's good to know.

I've played this game since the VERY start of the first alpha - yet I apparently don't even know how to play the game. In-game hints would be an awesome thing... Or even NPC interaction. Ah well, can't have everything.

Thanks for all your help today CMDRs, couldn't have gotten a cargo resistant cargo rack without you!

Top Bottom