No option to dock

So a little background first.
I've been engaged in powerplay for the last few weeks and have become hostile in Federation space...and as I understand it it's just a powerplay thing meaning that the super power hates me, not specific local factions. Anyway, my latest activity whilst I wait for the weekly cycle to complete is to assassinate politicians - which is getting some bounties although 0 notoriety.
I took a mission last night to transport some passengers to a neighbouring system. I did my usual turbo towards the station as soon as I dropped out of SC. As I reached 7.5Km, I requested to dock.... then heard the station announcement that I wasn't welcomed. Before I knew it (less than 2 seconds) my cutter was blown to pieces...34M cr rebuy.

Not annoyed by the rebuy (as that's the game and quite an exciting change from the mundane) I decided to investigate further. I swapped for a cheaper rebuy (iCourier) and headed over to an outpost controlled by the same local faction as the previous star base. This time upon targeting the station (red target lock) the station refused landing permission and a nervous flyby resulted in the station immediately opening fire....directly hitting the shield generator and by-passing the shields (a message to state this direct damage was sent to my ship as well). My lower right UI was saying HOSTILE (but then again this is not unusual because of the powerplay thing).

Challenge accepted!
I was determined to land at one of these places and regain rep with the controlling faction. I found a system not controlled by the [hostile] faction but they are present. This, to me, was the perfect place to land and accept missions ........ However upon reaching the outpost, and although the target lock is green, there is no option to request dock.

Has anyone else seen this issue? As far as I can see, there is no reason not to let me dock.
ePzlCcJ.jpg

EDIT: Upon menu logging, the issue has resolved itself.

However, anyone got a smart idea as to how to gain favour with this local faction? The mission board has a reputation requirement and I can't land at faction owned stations to hand in bonds, planetary discoveries, etc either.
eCsw5JD.png

the bounty hunting is working. Handed in some bonds and the reputation is increasing. Funnily, this local faction that I cared so little for is actually quite influential and controls a few systems. Best suck up to them...

Has anyone else seen this issue? As far as I can see, there is no reason not to let me dock.

You can't dock because you're Hostile. Faction hostile is not the same as Powerplay hostile, and denies all docking.

Because in Elite Dangerous, you're not allowed to be a bad boy and have enemies :/

You can't dock because you're Hostile. Faction hostile is not the same as Powerplay hostile, and denies all docking.

Because in Elite Dangerous, you're not allowed to be a bad boy and have enemies :/

What? Of course you are, but your openly hostile enemies won't invite you in for a dang beer.

What? Of course you are, but your openly hostile enemies won't invite you in for a dang beer.

Absolutely not.

What's the tradeoff? Risk vs Reward? That basic gameplay mechanic stuff?

Back in Frontier: Elite 2, we had Naval Career paths. As you ranked up with one Navy, you gained access to more rewarding missions and activities... but the tradeoff here was that the other side wouldn't talk to you. You could be the most wanted person in Imperial space, but you could still prosecute a Federal agenda in Imperial space even if you were denied docking everywhere.

You know what happens when you get Hostile with a Superpower? Absolutely nothing. Federal docks still welcome you with open arms.
What happens to your rep when you kill thousands in a conflict zone? Absolutely nothing. But tap a ship on the way into a station and OH NO, blocked from doing anything.
You know what happens if you get Hostile to a faction who you're trying to depose, who controls the only dockable station? You get stopped from participating further in the war, coz you can't dock to hand in bonds anymore
Hostile rep state doesn't even block services when you happen to be docked at the time you turn hostile.

The mechanics around antagonism and being hostile are completely absent from the game, and the Hostile rep state is decidedly broken. There's no incentive to do it at all, and it's crazy that to pursue any antagonistic behaviour towards a faction, the biggest bang for buck relies on actually being friends with them.

FD don't punish your rep for killing thousands in a conflict zone because they know the consequences of it simply stop you participating further in the war.

A proper crime and punishment system incentivises the hostile actions, while making the punishment permanent and inescapable.

I know, man, It's like they aren't finished making this game yet or something...

A proper crime and punishment system incentivises the hostile actions, while making the punishment permanent and inescapable.

Once a pirate, always a pirate, huh?

Top Bottom