"No plans to port Elite Dangerous to PS5"

Pcvr players made frontier add limited vr compatibility at edo launch. With the right amount of fuss perhaps we could get a few things like ps5 compatibility and psvr support. Just gotta somehow make every thread about ps5 compatibility and psvr support and it should work within a month apparently.

Honestly, most people I know dont buy disk copies anymore, and no doubt in my mind this next generation most people (on the sony side anyway) will get the digital edition to save cash (and it looks better).

I own the ED Premium Beta, I get all the PC releases for free, and I STILL want to play on the console because I actually like relaxing-on the couch with a controller, which is actually a decent way to fly and has gyro look and some other cool things I like.
Ive actually got back to loading retro games from casette which is still quicker that travelign to hutton orbital.

What is the size of the hard drive at default? Some people really like the box art and it become highly collectable later on. or mayb eu buy it seperate anyway i have the Ed premium backer box with tea shirt I never loaded the game from teh dvd.. The problem is if the diskless machone in less powerful than the disk version like the xbox x is.

So, there's a new initiative whereby Publishers of PS4 games can now state whether there will be a native/enhanced PS5 version available for free.

No surprises that Elite: Dangerous is not on the list. It's really unclear whether PS4 players of Elite will be left behind or not.

PS4 games compatible with PS5.
Once the PS5 is out no one will car eabout the ps4. PCworld wil give u £75 trade in value. Thats what s great about pc gaming . Game are supported directly or indirectly continuously via mods and updates. Untill they deliberately nerf something like requiring a obscure feature to run.

20200819_114732.jpg

Very disappointing. On the plus side, there's no need to rename this sub forum any more.

Hughes: WHEN we deal with those platforms, we want it to be special"

That to me implies they intend to deal with those platforms in a unique way in the future, not a port.
There's no negation of plans.
They most definitely have the new dev kits for those consoles.

Respect.

Hughes: WHEN we deal with those platforms, we want it to be special"

That to me implies they intend to deal with those platforms in a unique way in the future, not a port.
There's no negation of plans.
They most definitely have the new dev kits for those consoles.

Respect.
Both Microsoft and Sony have said that they expect current gen games to work on the new consoles.
it is just that it isn’t confirmed.
That makes comments from Frontier that they have no plans for the new consoles worrying.

No plans to do something special?
or
No plans to even look at ensuring the game actually works on the new consoles?

in the same way that Frontier have come out and clarified the VR situation, it would be good if they did the same thing with the new console compatibility.
Especially as pre-orders are about to open up.

20200819_114732.jpg

Very disappointing. On the plus side, there's no need to rename this sub forum any more.

It would be nice to see some options for apps and better control systems other than the Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas! I ended up creating an alternate account on PC because I was unable to utilize a majority of the controls in the game with the PS4 controller!

Doesn't the PS5 play PS4 games?
I thought it would, therefore no need for rewrite

Your question is answered 2 posts up.

Both Microsoft and Sony have said that they expect current gen games to work on the new consoles.
it is just that it isn’t confirmed.
That makes comments from Frontier that they have no plans for the new consoles worrying.

No plans to do something special?
or
No plans to even look at ensuring the game actually works on the new consoles?

in the same way that Frontier have come out and clarified the VR situation, it would be good if they did the same thing with the new console compatibility.
Especially as pre-orders are about to open up.

If the PS4 version runs on the PS5,i'm not sure what could motivate me to buy a PS5 version other than VR.
Some clarification from FD would be good here.
Will it run?
Will my account migrate over with skins intact and game progress?

Once the PS5 is out no one will car eabout the ps4. PCworld wil give u £75 trade in value. Thats what s great about pc gaming . Game are supported directly or indirectly continuously via mods and updates. Untill they deliberately nerf something like requiring a obscure feature to run.
I do hope so as Ive been looking for a second PS4 Pro and "lock down" and the PS5 launch have seen a surge in prices gladly pay £100 :giggle:

Idk I play on console. But I know my friends sister has like 40 different discs for her sims games on PC, physical discs. How much is on the disc, to me, is beside the point as it is still a disc in a case bought from the store.
I still have my Cassette tape games of commodore 64 with lovely box art. I can buy sell collect them.

Did you know: it's possible to have both a PC and a console.

So we're officially less than 2 months away from a new generation console release. When do you think Frontier will give us a clue about support for Elite Dangerous running on the new consoles?

holds breath :)

I think they said it will work?

Top Bottom