"No plans to port Elite Dangerous to PS5"

I used to work for Sony years ago, technical helpline. There were always calls for Sony and Apple to be more integrated. I know from the Sony side that they entirely blamed Apple for not being cooperative, making the project a dead end. I knew someone who was fairly well placed at Apple at the time. Guess what their story was. Who knows with these companies.

I just dont understand the logic of not enhancing it for PS5 and XBOX Series X.

At the launch (and for a good few months after) of these consoles every man and his dog will be searching for games 'enhanced' for the PS5 and XSX.

It would drive a lot of sales for what you would imagine be a 6 month job. Instead, if you wait for another year or two you lose that edge, and you are back to just appealing to mostly a small group of people.

Sure I want it, but it IS a bad business decision.

I’ll be watching with interest to see if there’s either plans for a PS5 version or it will be PS4/PS5 compatible, if it isn’t and frontier signal that they aren’t really interested in the consoles going forward that’ll be the end of line for me and ED and I’m really sad about that.

I just dont understand the logic of not enhancing it for PS5 and XBOX Series X.

At the launch (and for a good few months after) of these consoles every man and his dog will be searching for games 'enhanced' for the PS5 and XSX.

It would drive a lot of sales for what you would imagine be a 6 month job. Instead, if you wait for another year or two you lose that edge, and you are back to just appealing to mostly a small group of people.

Sure I want it, but it IS a bad business decision.
Frontier like to surprise. The current consoles on the market are there ps4 and xbox x so these are being supported with Odessy. Planet coaster console has been aroused with enchanced versions for ps5 xbox x series x.

They want to release Ed on new consoles with something special to show them off. But yeah they could ride the hype for new consoles . Demand for The ps4 and xbox x will drop like a stone once new consoles are on the market.

Frontier made an announcement today about VR and Ship Interiors. They also said that they will creating a FAQ for Odyssey.

Hopefully that FAQ document will answer all of the questions we have raised in this thread, that 4 thousand people have viewed.

Frontier made an announcement today about VR and Ship Interiors. They also said that they will creating a FAQ for Odyssey.

Hopefully that FAQ document will answer all of the questions we have raised in this thread, that 4 thousand people have viewed.

Personally, I'm not that bothered if they don't do a PS5-enhanced version. It would be nice of course, but not a requirement... even though it would be a great opportunity for them. That's just my opinion though.

I am bothered if E: D (without Odyssey) will work on PS5 at all, since I'd like to pre-order one.

Frontier need to release that information ASAP. No excuses or delays please.

I have asked the question in the VR thread - 21 pages in so may get lost in the mutual back slapping of the tiny minority of PC VR players.

(people might want to chime in so it seaps into the conciousness)

I've asked in there as well. Also on here before. Hopefully it'll be in this fabled FAQ they talked about.

Having said that , estimated 280k PS4 Commanders is not an insignificant number. Surely we cannot be ignored forever?

Addendum:

I think what makes the difference is the influencer mouth pieces on YouTube and Twitch. They are inherently PC players first and foremost and do not care or even mention Console players other than in passing, almost as if an afterthought.

I believe "influencers" are what drives FDev these days primarily. They are not talking about PS5 yet, so FDev do not address it.

Addendum:

I think what makes the difference is the influencer mouth pieces on YouTube and Twitch. They are inherently PC players first and foremost and do not care or even mention Console players other than in passing, almost as if an afterthought.

I believe "influencers" are what drives FDev these days primarily. They are not talking about PS5 yet, so FDev do not address it.
Yes these middle aged influencers really do like there PC with VR and Hotas and voice attack etc. We backed it since 1984.

That doesn't mean considerations for other platforms shouldn't be made. Things like this could eventually lead to a new breed of recognized social injustice. Console gamers are every bit as valid a PC games, are we not? If console didn't make gaming mainstream would PC games even be what they are today?

Folks who bought a game but aren't playing it might start playing it and spending more money if given the right reasons

I consider them lost. If one cannot log at least 50h and find ED enjoyable, they will never pick it up again.

ED is not everyone's game, the learning curve is really steep, the timesink required by the game is big, the attrition rate is heavy

Consoles still have physical discs... just because you launch the title does not mean you can still play it in another 6 months many users Buy and then sell...
This is why Spy ware and trophies are added to see if the users ever make progress in the title...
You can sell 100,000 copies and have 25,000 of them sat in the bargin bin at trade in and resellers storage it means you lost them...
Digital only versions tied to those who make progress in unlocking a trophy that requires more thsn 1 months play is a better show of the active user base and those who could return...
This is why trophies were added as they track Active players the bonus of getting so far for the player is a good side efect...
The percentage of those who sold on 1 market on a station - for those who sold at 100 stations shows how many dumped the game for example these give developers and publishers stats for how many bothered and how far...

Consoles still have physical discs... just because you launch the title does not mean you can still play it in another 6 months many users Buy and then sell...
This is why Spy ware and trophies are added to see if the users ever make progress in the title...
You can sell 100,000 copies and have 25,000 of them sat in the bargin bin at trade in and resellers storage it means you lost them...
Digital only versions tied to those who make progress in unlocking a trophy that requires more thsn 1 months play is a better show of the active user base and those who could return...
This is why trophies were added as they track Active players the bonus of getting so far for the player is a good side efect...
The percentage of those who sold on 1 market on a station - for those who sold at 100 stations shows how many dumped the game for example these give developers and publishers stats for how many bothered and how far...
According to the shelves at Walmart pc games have discs too. I haven't played a game on disc on console since ps3 lmao

Top Bottom