No Response from Frontier

Hello.

I was attempting to fix an issue with my account 12 days ago and unlinked my PS4 account not knowing it would delete 2 years of progress I have worked on up until now. I opened a ticket the day it happened with Frontier Games Support. The ticket number is 74562. Even though they are supposed to respond to all tickets within 7 days (it used to be 2), I have heard nothing, despite me updating the ticket myself every few days asking for assistance. I'm very concerned that if too much time goes by, they will not be able to restore my saved game progress.

Is there anybody on the forum that can draw attention to this ticket? I simply need my progress restored.

Also, it sure would have been nice if their system had warned me that all of my progress would have been lost by taking that action. There were no such warning.

Thank you to anybody that can help. Thanks.

Last edited:

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
First off there is no need to worry you shouldn't have lost any data. I have unlinked my account in the past by mistake. All the data should be safe.

The timescales are probably due to the fact that Odyssey was released on PC recently and there is probably a backlog.

It's also a bank holiday weekend here in the UK so they may not have been working since Friday.

First off there is no need to worry you shouldn't have lost any data. I have unlinked my account in the past by mistake. All the data should be safe.

The timescales are probably due to the fact that Odyssey was released on PC recently and there is probably a backlog.

It's also a bank holiday weekend here in the UK so they may not have been working since Friday.
Thanks for the response. That does make me feel a little better. Although I do miss playing. I will sit tight and hopefully somebody will fix me here soon ....

I'm sure they are busy, but a 7 day response time for a routine query like this is terrible. Epic games re-linked my daughter's Fortnite account to two different devices, within 5 hours (stated response time).

i had this happen in 2016 on my way to colonia... let’s just say there is an anaconda still stranded out there..........

frontier was absolutely no help. infact they blamed in on xbox/microsoft, and xbox support was no help at all either.

it’s what made me switch to playstation...

you’ll be ok. 😬

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I finally heard back from Frontier. Apparently, when they do a major update to their systems (Odyssey), they purge the system of all backups before the update, so there are no backups for the progress I lost. It's gone. At least 2 years down the tubes. I sent them a list of some of the things I had unlocked with Engineers, Guardian Tech, and a list of ships I had purchased, to see if they would be willing to at least make an attempt to get me back to where I was. I can't imagine starting over at this point, so if they can't help, I probably will abandon this game completely ....

I'm very disheartened ...

:D
I am very disappointed.
At least you know how to do the things and second time you can do em faster and in more hilarious way.
Good luck! o7

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Well I finally heard back from Frontier. Apparently, when they do a major update to their systems (Odyssey), they purge the system of all backups before the update, so there are no backups for the progress I lost. It's gone. At least 2 years down the tubes. I sent them a list of some of the things I had unlocked with Engineers, Guardian Tech, and a list of ships I had purchased, to see if they would be willing to at least make an attempt to get me back to where I was. I can't imagine starting over at this point, so if they can't help, I probably will abandon this game completely ....

I'm very disheartened ...
What!

Did you unlink just before they did the Odyssey update or after?

I would be devastated. When I unlinked mine luckily it must have been at none major update time as they managed to restore me

Gutted for you CMDR. Really bad timing. 😟

Not bad timing, bad development.

Be prepared for a long, painful 6 months of odyssey updates if they happen at all on PS. If developers choose to hold your account online for a full-pay game then account save data is of the utmost importance.

Such a sad end for the op (and me due to other bugs), to what had been one of my favourite experiences since playing the original as a teenager.

Last edited:
like i said, i had this happen to me years back on xbox (2016).

i stoped playing ED until 2021. just came back on playstation.

infact back then... frontier support blamed it on xbox and then xbox blamed it on frontier... so i dumped both of them!!! 😂

frontier is lucky i’m back on playstion. however, i would recommend that everybody pay attention to frontiers update schedule for ED and (just park your ships in port) and stop playing for two weeks around those times in order to limit the possibility of your account being corrupted/wiped.

seriously. because it is a real possibility.

edit: i just want to add that during that time frontier support actually stoped responding to my pleas for help. they literally stoped talking to me. really sad story. i was a day one player too.🤔

Last edited:
Apparently, when they do a major update to their systems (Odyssey), they purge the system of all backups before the update
Apparently FDev understand less about backups than they do about gameplay, which is saying something.
Wow :oops: if that's not just an excuse, then they have the worst "best practices" for updating i've ever heard about.

I've commented on their development processes and fails before (version control, merging branches, etc) and this is so laughable i can't believe it's true. Maybe i should check their job openings, see if they want someone who knows a bit about DevOps?

I accidentally unlinked my PS4 account on May 28th. I haven't heard back from Frontier yet. I understand they may be backlogged with Odyssey trouble tickets.

Just an update for everyeone reading this thread ....

Support Luna got in touch with me and informed me that there was an issue on pre-Odyssey backups simply not being visible. Said it didn't sound right and after investigating, they got that fixed and they were able to successfully restore my progress.

I am back in business.

Thank you to everybody for chiming in and trying to help.

Just an update for everyeone reading this thread ....

Support Luna got in touch with me and informed me that there was an issue on pre-Odyssey backups simply not being visible. Said it didn't sound right and after investigating, they got that fixed and they were able to successfully restore my progress.

I am back in business.

Thank you to everybody for chiming in and trying to help.

Support Luna is amazing as usually

Top Bottom