No sand tool in sandbox mode?

I believe sanctuary island is the largest island map you could have in game that has sand as a tool option.
Based on BestInSlot's latest videos, the Muerta maps and sanctuary island are the only maps with sand, and pena is the only one with shale.

The devs said not everything was revealed or covered in the Feature Focus, the release notes will tell all. I'm pretty certain everything will be available in sandbox mode though, it wouldn't make sense if it wasn't.

The devs said not everything was revealed or covered in the Feature Focus, the release notes will tell all. I'm pretty certain everything will be available in sandbox mode though, it wouldn't make sense if it wasn't.
BestInSlot already confirmed in his videos that Nublar does not have sand or shale. His videos were pretty clear on this. As Pixelated Sparkster already said, sand is exclusive to Muerta and Sanctuary and shale only on Pena.

Unfortunately, this is correct. Frontier has already stated which islands would have it, and which would not. They also said why we don't have all brushes on each island. Here is that quote:

Hiya, the reason this is not possible is because there is limited space available for materials per island. As all those slots are taken, adding new materials to Nublar would have to be at the expense of something else; that in turn would mess up people's saves and park files. That's why we've decided that is not possible, and have tried to compromise with what works per island :). Hope this clarifies!

wasn’t the same thing said about dino resizing 🤔. I don’t know I’m at the end game contest where all I care about is building the perfect park in sandbox. Not going to redo just so I can plop some sand or shale on an island that’s only useful in completing the campaign. Pretty disappointed.

Wow, didn't know BestInSlot already got his hands on the DLC, just saw his vids. Oh well, maybe in the future there will be a sandbox mode for all the islands.

They should have all the terrain tools on all the islands. At least in sandbox mode. We should also have access to all the islands, I mean all them. I would love to have Nublar North as a sandbox. We need more than just one island. I like some of the islands in the campaign as well like Matanceros. Having to build on the same Nublar map gets boring.

I know that Frontier wants to consider keeping the uniqueness of all the islands including the terrain tools well sandbox mode should have all the terrain tools out of all the maps sandbox should be the only one that holds all the tools and now that nublar North is a playable map that would make sandbox more unique if it had all the terrain Tools in one part of the game. Shale and Sand need to be apart of sandbox considering that a lot of us beg for Sands in sandbox mode.

Hello! The terrain tools are specific to each island. Whilst we know that people would like all options, especially for sandbox, this wasn't technically doable without corrupting or impacting saved games.
While the commitment to not corrupt existing saves is very commendable. I think things are getting past a point where it makes much sense. This choice is clearly hurting the game in at least some way. People are clearly clamoring for these things. I think that these things should be added as an optional update or even included in DLC. If it's optional and clear that the update will break save games it becomes the choice of the user to choose between things like adding sand or bigger maps while breaking the save games, or not having those things and keeping their saves.

Hello! The terrain tools are specific to each island. Whilst we know that people would like all options, especially for sandbox, this wasn't technically doable without corrupting or impacting saved games.
We're not asking it to be implemented on all the islands, just the one island that is suppose to be a sand box. It's very frustrating how we can't access sand on a sandbox island. I know a lot of people would much prefer to restart their islands and have more terrain options for their park, rather than staying with their current one built with the limiting tools we had before.

Last edited:
It is supposed to be a management game, and have those kinds of restrictions?, we can not have a big map (thanks to the xbox and ps4) I can understand a bit, but not being able to put sand and dirt in the mode sanbox? it's really ridiculous

Top Bottom