• Good news Guest, we've updated our reporting system to make it easier for you to report issues to us!

Head over to https://issues.frontierstore.net/ to report, vote, and give feedback on the issues that matter most to you!

No small turn on grid on Mouse Hunt

Severity
Minor

Frequency
All of the time (100% reproducible)

Area of Game Affected
Coasters

Description
When building in grid mode on the Mouse Hunt coaster, the small turn is obstructed. The track bends there but will not place.

Steps to Reproduce
Build Mouse Hunt on the grid and try to make a small turn.

QA-Jack

Frontier QA Team
Staff member
Hey Fisherman,

Just to update you on this issue - after speaking with some of the devs, I can confirm that this is intended behaviour. The track is only allowed to start and end in 2m increments. Because of this, turns that would be smaller are not possible.

:rex::face::gulpee::green::rex::face:

Hey Fisherman,

Just to update you on this issue - after speaking with some of the devs, I can confirm that this is intended behaviour. The track is only allowed to start and end in 2m increments. Because of this, turns that would be smaller are not possible.

:rex::face::gulpee::green::rex::face:
Thanks for the answer and the update.
Unfortunately, I think that this is working against the whole idea of the Wild Mouse. The rides did have those super narrow curves (check the ones on the left). It was a reason why they are so beloved and thrilling.

Actually, we can do the smaller turns. I figured out a workaround by alternating on and off grid as I built... Required shifting sections of track over as I went. By the way, what you said makes no sense. It's the 2m turns that are NOT possible... Only 4m radius turns are possible using the grid... Unless you use my convoluted trick

Let me further illustrate my point.

First turn out of station on grid defaults to a tiny smaller than 2m turn, but that's the only place it works, unless you are switching from non-grid to grid sometimes it will give you a tiny turn like this:

Beyond this point you can make a small turn, but NOT a 2m one on the grid:

off-grid 2m radius turn:

on-grid 2m radius turn (does not work, although it snaps into place as if it should):

4m radius turn off grid (works fine):

and 4m radius turn on-grid works:

Last edited: