No tags on earthlike worlds

Just sold all my exploration data, and two of the earthlike worlds I discovered aren't tagged with my or anyone else's name. I have screenshots to prove I discovered them, so if no one else is credited with first discovery, I should be. Is there any remedy? I also discovered and mapped everything in those systems, as is my habit with any earthlike world containing system I discover first. So credit for that would be nice, but I don't have any visual proof of it.

Could also be server lag - a delay while the database updates. Log out and back in, see if the tags show up after that.

If not, as above, submit a ticket to support.

Just making sure that all the boxes have been checked off, before we assume it's a bug.
  • You have actually sold all of your exploration data? Your UC unsold data collection is empty?
  • If you did sell it, did you happen to get a screenshot of the page where that data was sold? If you were given the credits (cash), then you should also be given the credit (tags).
  • You didn't explode at some point in between scanning those systems and selling the data? Data is not retained after death; if you did die, for whatever reason, then you'll have to fly out to those places again to reclaim your tags.

Personally, I always sell my ELW systems individually, rather than have them mixed up in the bulk UC pages. Yes, it does take several hours of scouring through the data looking for those specific star systems (I really, really wish the UC unsold data list was sorted alphabetically, rather than by mass of the primary star). I take a screenshot of the sale price for the system, I then take a fresh screenshot of the system map with my tag on the ELW so I can post it to the ELW thread. Haven't encountered this particular issue yet, nor have I heard of anyone else encountering this issue.

Just making sure that all the boxes have been checked off, before we assume it's a bug.
  • You have actually sold all of your exploration data? Your UC unsold data collection is empty?
  • If you did sell it, did you happen to get a screenshot of the page where that data was sold? If you were given the credits (cash), then you should also be given the credit (tags).
  • You didn't explode at some point in between scanning those systems and selling the data? Data is not retained after death; if you did die, for whatever reason, then you'll have to fly out to those places again to reclaim your tags.
Personally, I always sell my ELW systems individually, rather than have them mixed up in the bulk UC pages. Yes, it does take several hours of scouring through the data looking for those specific star systems (I really, really wish the UC unsold data list was sorted alphabetically, rather than by mass of the primary star). I take a screenshot of the sale price for the system, I then take a fresh screenshot of the system map with my tag on the ELW so I can post it to the ELW thread. Haven't encountered this particular issue yet, nor have I heard of anyone else encountering this issue.

I recommend EDDiscovery for this: You can write 'commanders notes' to every ELW you discover (and other interesting things), and it is stored so that you later can refer to it. Also an EDSM account helps a lot. It counts the ELWs you found, and also it evaluates if you first discovered the ELW, and you can look it up later in your profile.

This way you always can 'bulk sell' your data, and still know what objects you first discovered. For example I scanned 23 ELWs, and first discovered 9 of them. This I have from my EDSM profile.

Also - if you took note of the systems name (commanders logs in EDDisvocery), then you can in the game enter this systems name into the Galmap (does not matter where you are!) and with the Galmap open the System Map for this system, since you know it. This works even if you are far away. And if you already sold the data, you should see your name as first discoverer already in the system map. For me this worked fine, since I first discovered a lot (489) systems, and they are all tagged with my Cmdrs name. (Disclaimer: Please don't laugh, I have the game since March 2019, there will be CMDRs who have a lot more first discoveries).

Top Bottom