No Textures Being Used

I have this object that has taken time to get right. However, my animated scenery appears white, no textures. I have the base color, flexicolor 1 and 2 in the zip file but it happens anyway. My material is Dragon1 and I've tried without any textures in the fbx material. I've also had to try with textures, but I'm not getting any textured result.

The png files are, in this order:
Dragon1_BC
Dragon1_F1
Dragon1_F2

Also: if you need textures in the material, do they need the file extension as part of the texture name?

nocolor.png

Last edited:
The Texture name needs to be the same as the material name, but it need to be the texture name with the qualitys of the texture, check OlaHaldor posts he explains it very very well.

You don't have to include the textures inside your model file, just keep them in the same uploaded zip-folder. Also remember to make sure all names are the same and the correct letters of the suffixes are capitalized. I see you wrote "Drgon_BC" above but I guess that's just a typo.

One important note is that you need to have applied both a material AND a certain UV-mapping on your models which will indicate where your texture's will be positioned for the model-file to recognize where the texture's will be applied. Other than that, things should work normally.

You don't have to include the textures inside your model file, just keep them in the same uploaded zip-folder. Also remember to make sure all names are the same and the correct letters of the suffixes are capitalized. I see you wrote "Drgon_BC" above but I guess that's just a typo.

One important note is that you need to have applied both a material AND a certain UV-mapping on your models which will indicate where your texture's will be positioned for the model-file to recognize where the texture's will be applied. Other than that, things should work normally.

So yes, I did slip up typing the Dragon1_BC. So how is the UV map supposed to be set up?

If you are going to use solid colors (not a texture per se with details such as scales, wrinkles etc) it doesn’t really matter how the UVs look.

just make sure the UV islands are grouped together where you have the different F1 and F2 masks. It doesn’t matter if the UV islands overlap either in the case of using solid colors.

Ok Lily I Have not looked at this in depth but when i loaded it in it was very large , on my 1 Meter grid it was about 1.6 Km in length , this may be why you are having problems the dimensions may be out of bounds for PC assets. so change your grid and preferences to a meter scale the textures may work then. also it looks like you had a bone in there that was not bound well. Also remember when you are done freeze transformations , and delete history. Hope this helps, but if not then just ask.

Last edited:
Top Bottom