No water rides (log flume, rafts, etc) at launch?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Well it looks like I missed all the fun, but I am glad it has all been cleared up now. Now I feel better, because arguing does not resolve anything, it only fuels the fire. Let's just get back to normal again and be happy again, like this forum always has been. I'm sure we can all look forward to a good Early Access, no matter what rides appear in it at the start. Maybe we will just get a log flume to start with, as a Raft ride may need a lot more work. There is ten more months of development yet, before the final release and a lot more stuff will appear before then.

Granddad (The Lion King)

Last edited:
People need to understand that PRs (people who manage facebook and forum, etc...) dont usually know everything about the game development and make sometimes mistakes where forwarding information.
Its not fake, its only that the facebook PR didnt had all the info available and answer as good as he could. Brett explained that the stance of water rides right now is what Frontier devs have stated in this same forums many times. There are going to be classic water rides in small numbers, and theat they are working right now with the water physics.

I don't think we are going to get a great number of any coasters/rides in the Early Release at the beginning, as Sam mentioned in his Q&A session, we are working on some special features for the Wooden Coasters that we think, you will find truly amazing, so, this might be one coaster we might not see straight away. As for the flat rides, we may get a few more than we have seen so far, but I am over the moon with that Mickey Mouse Fun Wheel. But we should have enough to keep us happy for a while, with quite a few surprises to come as the game develops.

I believe rct1 only started a log flume raft and that other water slide thing

Log Flume, Water Slide and River Rapids (the really simple version). Also boats in lakes ride (row boats, swan pedal boats, Canoes, Bumper Boats and water tricycles).

The first expansion introduced another famous water ride, staple in the majority of theme parks, the River Rides (called shoot the chute or splash boats IRL).

The second expansion brought the water coaster.

RCT2 came with all those water rides from the get a go.
RCT3 also came with all those water rides in vanilla.

The other famous water ride that didnt see the light of day until Soaked appeared were the realistic River Rapids (White Water Rapids).

My realistic bets for Planet Coaster's commercial release (so not the alpha) are the log flume, the Splash Boats and the realistic River Rapids (from soaked, because you dont see the simple ones anymore). Maybe also some type of boats in lake, and boat transport ride.
A really big maybe for the water coaster.

Things like the water slide I see them, even if it was a staple from day one, being relegated to an update or expansion.

Last edited:
I would be happy with log flume, river rapids and splash boats at launch. Hope to see more after this, ideally with UGC [up]

Log Flume, Water Slide and River Rapids (the really simple version). Also boats in lakes ride (row boats, swan pedal boats, Canoes, Bumper Boats and water tricycles).
I decided to leave those lake ride out because the majority of the people complaining are not referring to that ride and it's variations....not sure how I forgot the rapids ride though...
but this is the raft ride---which was actually in an expansion pack:

latest

The other famous water ride that didnt see the light of day until Soaked appeared were the realistic River Rapids (White Water Rapids).

My realistic bets for Planet Coaster's commercial release (so not the alpha) are the log flume, the Splash Boats and the realistic River Rapids (from soaked, because you dont see the simple ones anymore). Maybe also some type of boats in lake, and boat transport ride.
A really big maybe for the water coaster.

That's not exactly true....Both variations are still being used...but the non/less-"realistic" one, as you put it, is actually far more common than the original- high maintenance- one, so I believe that that one is more likely to be used. It's cheaper, has a smaller footprint and a few of them are actually well themed like:
Jurassic Park Rapid Adventures (2010)- a river rapids variation of the states version- takes up less room
Grizzly River Run (2001) -Based on the images that have been reveal, it looks like this ride is going to be re-themed
for Disneyland Shanghai
Shipwreck Rapids (1999) -Average theming

Me to, And With launch. Do you mean Alpha for Earlybirds or do you mean THE launch? because THE launch is fine for me.

I mean the launch (the final game), not the early bird. I think that they have enough other things to implement before adding more water rides.

This thread had me worried at first! No water rides!? I remembered JL confirming them in Q&A ages ago, so good to See Brett reiterate that now!

Anyway the other game is getting loads of flak for not having water rides (at all) at launch. So that alone pretty much guaranteed this game WILL have some all along. Partly because it's obvious people want/expect them. Partly because PC loves to announce and show off all the many things that RCTW can't do, or does very badly. Like at the end of the landscaping video when they randomly showed a flat ride being placed with a movable entrance... Just at the same time there was a sh*tstorm brewing on the Atari forums about their dumb fixed entrances... Good work ;)

This thread had me worried at first! No water rides!? I remembered JL confirming them in Q&A ages ago, so good to See Brett reiterate that now!

Anyway the other game is getting loads of flak for not having water rides (at all) at launch. So that alone pretty much guaranteed this game WILL have some all along. Partly because it's obvious people want/expect them. Partly because PC loves to announce and show off all the many things that RCTW can't do, or does very badly. Like at the end of the landscaping video when they randomly showed a flat ride being placed with a movable entrance... Just at the same time there was a sh*tstorm brewing on the Atari forums about their dumb fixed entrances... Good work ;)

I think you are reading too much into it... although I don't know when that "s-storm" began, the clip might have been released in the end of December but was filmed actually filmed on the 3rd of- before the "s-storm."

As for the water rides... I also believe that Q&A came before RCTW announced that they weren't going to include water rides at launch.

I think you are reading too much into it... although I don't know when that "s-storm" began, the clip might have been released in the end of December but was filmed actually filmed on the 3rd of- before the "s-storm."

As for the water rides... I also believe that Q&A came before RCTW announced that they weren't going to include water rides at launch.

No water rides were ruled out ages ago on RCTW. Way before the Frontier Dev's started to answer questions about PC.

As for reading too much into this stuff... There have been so many occasions where the most hotly discussed topics on the Atari forums are addressed at very similar times by Frontier. I'm pretty certain it's not all accidental! The fixed ride entrance issues were actually know and discussed on Atari back in November. It was unveiled in the first beta (the unlocked versions which allowed you to play the full game).

I'm not saying it's a bad thing :)

I'm really glad to see that Planet Coaster at least gives us all the basic rides from real theme parks. Rapids and log fumes will do it for me.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom