NO2O! The Definitive List of 1.7/2.2-Compatible HUD Colour/Color Configs (please add yours!)

White and Green, "2.3 Approved"

Here it are three themes I use on my accounts. They reflect the personality of my CMDRS (RPG), as weel as its career path.

First, the one which gave more troubles. It really hard to achieve a green theme without mess with the 2.3 holo pictures, but this one definitely address this very well.

White and Green - exploration oriented, for whom who got tired of the "classic blue"...
http://team2xh.net/elite/?r=0.8;-0.38;0.87&g=0.7;0.36;0.49&b=0.88;-0.45;0.15&fr=true&a=1

Code:
<MatrixRed>0.8, 0.7, 0.88</MatrixRed>
<MatrixGreen>-0.38, 0.36, -0.45</MatrixGreen>
<MatrixBlue>0.87, 0.49, 0.15</MatrixBlue>

NOTE - in radar, Allied shows green, Enemies shows pinkysh...

White_and_Green (1).jpgView attachment 119239White_and_Green (7).jpgWhite_and_Green (6).jpgWhite_and_Green (5).jpgWhite_and_Green (4).jpgWhite_and_Green (3).jpgWhite_and_Green (2).jpgWhite_and_Green (9).jpg

Last edited:
Got a good colour scheme for VR users who hate godrays:
y0JjHFd.png

Pretty dark on full brightness, and can be turned right down to the levels in the image. Everything still very readable, but it isn't a glare with godrays galore. Oh, and it's Teal.

I call it Teal Twilight

0, 0, 0.05
0, 1, 0.85
1, 0, 0

Any good new VR proposals (dk2) that involves blue and you can tell targets on the scanner??

Currently using the green (Dr Kaii's) from the vr section sticky but targets are a bit difficult to read

Many thanks in advance

Download EDProfiler and see if there is something there, otherwise you can easily make your own with it, including avatars

Download EDProfiler and see if there is something there, otherwise you can easily make your own with it, including avatars

Advertising our product are we ??:p only joking its a great tool

I did but when i apply the gui it cant locate the graphics file (iam on steam..!) give me an error so i have to do it manually

Last edited:
Got a new one while hitting the random button in EDProfiler:

Peaches and Cream

0.74, 0.12, 0.41
0, 1, 1
1, 1, 0

For all those that like traditional girly colours :)

No, that doesn't include me
QtF6kEr.png

A more extreme version of it would be:

This one actually preserves the security colours :)

0.68, -0.44, 0.41
0, 2, 0.48
2, 2, -2
CrNd7ZK.png

EDIT:

I made some tweaks here and there and now it should be possible to tell neutral and foe apart. It is sill not the easiest thing to do but it does its job. I have updated the code below. :)

It's a white-red-ish HUD with green friendly contacts, white-red neutral ones, orange stellar bodies and nav points and soft-red-ish hostile contacts. NPCs and player portraits come with a red-ish tone and generally lack in colour. However, this is required for neutral or 'uncolourful' HUDs such as black or white.
That said, it should deliver the information needed, yet not as good as other HUD setups.

Code:
	    <MatrixRed> 1, 0.5, 0.6 </MatrixRed>
	    <MatrixGreen> -0.33, 0.1, -0.33 </MatrixGreen>
	    <MatrixBlue> 1, -0.12, -0.1 </MatrixBlue>

Last edited:
I'm pretty happy with mine - primarily a turquoise-cyan blue, green stays green, prominent yellow text.
Most significant indicators (e.g the speed 'blue zone') become red (oversaturated but I think I need to turn down some other setting that is hidden now - bloom?)

<MatrixRed> 0.35, 0.5, 1.75 </MatrixRed>
<MatrixGreen> -0.5, 2, -1.25 </MatrixGreen>
<MatrixBlue> 1.75, -1, -0.4 </MatrixBlue>

http://arkku.com/elite/hud_editor/#theme_0.35_0.5_1.75_-0.5_2_-1.25_1.75_-1_-0.4

I recently moved and in the process I've somehow achieved a completely perfect focus with my projector that I didn't quite have in my old place, so that red bloom that slightly marred it originally has gone away.
I'll use that as a shameless excuse to plug my HUD again.

I would be curious to see what the EDProfiler preview looks like but obviously I don't need to download it myself because my HUD is so awesome already.

Doc, if you're paying attention, would you mind popping up a preview. Is mine even a preset?

Last edited:
Just a red-based colour scheme I found that also keeps the security colours for friendlies/hostiles, which people seem to like so here you go:

0.82, -0.14, -0.32
0.18, 0.44, -0.3
-0.33, 0.93, 1.64

Can certainly be further tweaked too

aFFaK43.png

I have been using this since the Avatar update more or less, on the MatrixRed upping the 0.4 to 5/6 or 7 lightens the Hud, less than 0.4 make outfitting unreadable, The Mission Board is Deep Blue with Yellow text.

My Primary goal was to keep the enemies Red and have 4 distinguishable colours for the Ranks, It's a bit in your face, but who cares, know one can see it but me [haha][haha][haha].

HUD Colours.jpg

<MatrixRed> 0.4, -0.5, 0 </MatrixRed>
<MatrixGreen> -1, 2, 2 </MatrixGreen>
<MatrixBlue> 2.1, -0.5, -1.5 </MatrixBlue>

I think Dr. Kai pointed out that the matrix for portraits does not behave in the same way as the matrix for the HUD. In addition, given the manner in which the matrix is processed, I don't believe it is possible to have "red enemies" if the HUD palette does not include a significant level of red in the first position of the matrix (thus eliminating blue and green HUD modifications - if you want the red enemies) . I am currently running a blue HUD - with perfect portraits but blue enemies.

I am wondering if it is possible to substitute a function or equation in place of a matrix value that might allow for conditional modifications. Any insight on this would be appreciated.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: NW3
The heat signature gauge turns purpler the hotter it gets, and the shifting mist behind the blue panels is purple. My screenshots are with EDFX and HUD brightness at 3.

<!--
Deep Sky Blue / Indigo
"Bask" Contributed by Villainous Ruffian (3303-07-08)

Friendlies: Purple on radar, gold in holo
Hostiles: Slightly darker aquamarine
Neutrals: Darker indigo

Notes: Brightness 3
-->
<MatrixRed> 0, 0.2, 1.5 </MatrixRed>
<MatrixGreen> 0.25, 0.1, 0.01 </MatrixGreen>
<MatrixBlue> 0, -2, 1.5 </MatrixBlue>

sMEjLWs.png

aFIcSYj.png

MSebhLH.png

Qadtt7G.png

There's a few more shots in here. http://imgur.com/a/J1FBR

Last edited:
I am wondering if it is possible to substitute a function or equation in place of a matrix value that might allow for conditional modifications. Any insight on this would be appreciated.

I'm a programmer, with graphics experience. The matrix is what's provided by FD as a "hack" to allow HUD colors, when the underlying graphics system doesn't properly support color variations. By that, I mean that stuff you don't want to change (like enemies on the radar) is tied to the rest of the HUD colors.

That means there's no other possibility of another function or equation, in place of matrix values, at least at this time. If FD changes it, the current technique for changing HUD colors will probably fail.

Apparently, FD didn't think that the orange HUD would be an issue and didn't plan for color changes in their code. It appears that it's very hard for them to fix this.

My personal theory is that the HUD colors are "baked into" the source bitmaps for the UI. (All the UI graphics were drawn in orange.) Assuming that's the case, I've posted a lower-cost solution to their problem in the Suggestions forum. (It's a way to filter the source images and only change the orange colors, without affecting the rest of the colors, and doesn't require them to redraw all the source artwork.)

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...e-low-cost-implementation-of-custom-UI-colors

Let's hope that allows them to find a "real" solution and allow HUD color changes in-game, without messing up the enemy colors in the radar. Then we won't need this color hack anymore.

Last edited:
Have a theme I like, but station photos vanish

I have arrived at a theme I like using Arkku's tool, but I seem to have caused the character (mine and NPC) photos to be obscured by a dark, solid color in the Station Services screen.

Below are the settings I'm using:

Code:
<MatrixRed> 0.1, 0, 0.5 </MatrixRed>
<MatrixGreen> 0, 0.5, 0 </MatrixGreen>
<MatrixBlue> 0, 0.5, 0 </MatrixBlue>

I'm still not too clear on how the matrix values affect the various parts of the hud (despite the real-time feedback) but which part directly affects whether those station photos appear or not? Or do I I have to give up on my theme and find one that's not quite so subdued?

Thanks for any help!

Top Bottom