Noob Federal Interdiction question?

On my way to Deciat yesterday I was interdicted and in my fashion I drop the throttles to idle and wait. I proceed to shoot and kill and next thing I know 6 Connies show up and waste me and off to prison I go. I never looked to see to who it was and then crazy enough it happened to me again and this time I waited and read and it popped up this is a Federal Navy Interdiction.

Why would federal ships interdict me as I have never had this happen.......

Thanks!

When there is a War on going, you can get interdicted as a security check.
They never actually scan you and just wander off, so are no threat at all, but if you just open fire, you have just attacked an official military vessel and become wanted.
Cops will follow shortly.

Dont start fights with legal ships.

You did the right thing. Superpower navy ships are there to be shot at. ;)

But yes, you do need a properly outfitted combat ship with lots of shields and/or hull if you're taking them on as eventually you will get blown up by the reinforcements. The trick is to learn when to jump out (keep an eye on your hull and definitely leave when ATR turn up).

Deleted member 38366

D
That's all just connected to a 3 (4?) year old bug revolving around the then-added System Defense Forces and their (bugged) Equipment.

They "should" Interdict and run a routine KWS scan on you. But lacking the proper Equipment to do so, nothing happens after their Interdiction, making them a 100.0% useless thing.

Fun Fact :
When they were first implemented, they had a Scanner - but it was just a Cargo Scanner instead of a KWS.
After bug-reporting their useless nature, their Equipment was changed. Resulting in them now lacking the Interdictor (lol), causing their Scripts to make them buzz Player Ships in SuperCruise to absolutely no effect.
After more bug-reporting and half a year later - they finally got their Interdictors back... but also got all Scanners removed, making them (again) unable to do their job after Interdiction.
It was after that phase when the bug reporting on their still-useless nature became ignored and ever since, the System Defense Force NPCs in Systems with Conflict remain in their bugged state ;)
(rumors of that time had it that the Designers didn't want to negatively affect the Gameplay of Criminals/Gankers/Griefers with Wanted Status, hence the System Defense Forces that could have been the 1st step back then to upscale the already-toothless response of Systems against Criminals.... remained intentionally useless - in which case you could say "it's not a bug - it's a feature")

Last edited by a moderator:
That's all just connected to a 3 (4?) year old bug revolving around the then-added System Defense Forces and their (bugged) Equipment.

They "should" Interdict and run a routine KWS scan on you. But lacking the proper Equipment to do so, nothing happens after their Interdiction, making them a 100.0% useless thing.

Fun Fact :
When they were first implemented, they had a Scanner - but it was just a Cargo Scanner instead of a KWS.
After bug-reporting their useless nature, their Equipment was changed. Resulting in them now lacking the Interdictor (lol), causing their Scripts to make them buzz Player Ships in SuperCruise to absolutely no effect.
After more bug-reporting and half a year later - they finally got their Interdictors back... but also got all Scanners removed, making them (again) unable to do their job after Interdiction.
It was after that phase when the bug reporting on their still-useless nature became ignored and ever since, the System Defense Force NPCs in Systems with Conflict remain in their bugged state ;)
In some ways I like that they can only do things if they have the right equipment (despite what people claim about their combat skills), in other ways 🤦‍♀️

Deleted member 38366

D
In some ways I like that they can only do things if they have the right equipment (despite what people claim about their combat skills), in other ways 🤦‍♀️

NPCs physically lacking some key Equipment to execute their Scripts were always affected. This never affected most of their combat Equipment, though.

(so i.e. a "dead" NPC in a Search & Rescue scenario that's supposedly out of fuel and with dead Engines.... will still start to fire its Thrusters to satisfy its Collision avoidance Script when very closely approached by the Player ;) - just as they can easily retain an impossible amount of Equipment fully powered up with a dead PowerPlant or make impossible Jumps with deployed Hardpoints or while still in backward motion or inside Mass Lock - or HiWake straight through Stars or Gas Giants/Planets [the list of confirmed NPC cheats is nearly endless by now after going through alot of scrutiny by Players closely observing them] )

I like the NPCs asking for a refuel so they can delivery their much needed medicines and when you scan them they're full of personal weapons. Or even hydrogen fuel ...

They "should" Interdict and run a routine KWS scan on you.
I think that they do not need kws. They just add pepper to war against controlling faction. I did not check that, but I believe they will start shoot hostile ship on sight. Passing by comander has no clue what for is this. But if you fight here and hostile with controlling faction then the things become more interesting.

Last edited:

Deleted member 38366

D
I think that they do not need kws. They just add pepper to war against controlling faction. I did not check that, but I believe they will start shoot hostile ship on sight. Passing by comander has no clue what for is this. But if you fight here and hostile with controlling faction then the things become more interesting.

Well that's true - but when Hostile to a Faction, even System Authority will occasionally (very rare) interdict you and engage.
Even when interdicted by a Pirate NPC, System Authority triggered by Crime Report of a Hostile Faction will be red on the Scanner and eventually engage you just as well.

This is another of those less than wonderful features that add to the "time sink" like go see the guy in system X to find out where your target is in system Y.
Submit, ignore and wake as soon as FSD is hot.

Top Bottom