Noob Hammers...

I'm just curious - what are they for?

In case anyone doesn't know, 'Noob Hammers' are arms that extend out from some Coriolis stations. Some have 2, a few have 4. I just passed one a few hours ago, but Lord knows I can't remember where otherwise I'd have taken a pic.

Now - their secondary function (home-running Harmless guys in Sidewinders halfway to the next system) is funny as hell, but in terms of the design of the station what, exactly, are these 300m arms used for?

Just curious. :)

Early on, someone decided that it might be a good idea to NOT keep the fusion reactors where the humans were habitating. So they placed them out on arms, away from the main structure. Then, not too long after this design implementation, they received their current slang name when some unfortunate noob pilot what was texting a fellow pilot as he undocked ,,, got hit by one and it set off a very brief but large explosion. This is why we don't see many of this design any longer.
Tru story bro.

Deleted member 182079

D
Somewhat disappointed this thread isn't about a certain PP module (that I'm currently in the process of unlocking...).

Early on, someone decided that it might be a good idea to NOT keep the fusion reactors where the humans were habitating. So they placed them out on arms, away from the main structure. Then, not too long after this design implementation, they received their current slang name when some unfortunate noob pilot what was texting a fellow pilot as he undocked ,,, got hit by one and it set off a very brief but large explosion. This is why we don't see many of this design any longer.
Tru story bro.
Slight tangent, but isn't fusion inherently much safer than fission and, in 3005 when the technique presumably has been honed to perfection (and probably replaced by something superior), there would not be the same imperative to separate energy generation from the general populace?

In which case, the arms can only be high g sex emporiums for the wealthy.

Top Bottom