Northwest US Challenge on hard?

I don’t know how to start, I tried using struthiomimus to feed a ceratosaurus pack and a dilophosaurus pack, but the welfare issues make it so I can’t hit 1.5 stars needed for feeders.

Any ideas?

I beat it over the weekend. Ceratosaurus and Dilophosaurus in separate pens; keep feeding them struthies. I planned to add a third pen for Troodons but I had 1.5 stars before they were deployed. Make sure you have good visibility, amenities coverage, shelter, bathroom, and a hotel. Iirc, 3-4 ceratosaurs, about 7-8 Dilophosaurus, plus 15-20 struthiomimus across 2 paddocks, and a cinema did the trick; and if not, then a decent clutch of Troodons should put you over the top.

Last edited:
I beat it over the weekend. Ceratosaurus and Dilophosaurus in separate pens; keep feeding them struthies. I planned to add a third pen for Troodons but I had 1.5 stars before they were deployed. Make sure you have good visibility, amenities coverage, shelter, bathroom, and a hotel. Iirc, 3-4 ceratosaurs, about 7-8 Dilophosaurus, plus 15-20 struthiomimus across 2 paddocks, and a cinema did the trick; and if not, then a decent clutch of Troodons should put you over the top.
I didn’t think of using the attraction, that put me over the top, thanks! I never use attractions so it never occurred to me

Out of curiosity, did you wait until the Ceratos and Dilos were at 100% genome or just put them out as soon as they were available?

Because my problem with this scenario is that I just can't make a decent profit before something inevitably goes wrong even before I hit the half star mark.

Out of curiosity, did you wait until the Ceratos and Dilos were at 100% genome or just put them out as soon as they were available?

Because my problem with this scenario is that I just can't make a decent profit before something inevitably goes wrong even before I hit the half star mark.
What I did was get out a bunch of Struthiomimus straight away and then release a Ceratosaurus ASAP. If you have the amenities/core guest buildings in place you should just break even and start to make a small profit. Just sit back and let it build up from there before making your next move.

Yea, for most challenges I put animals on display as soon as I can. Another expedition or two or three is more money spent while not making income. I try to have 100% ready for the next generation mid-late game.

Top Bottom