Northwest US Challenge on hard?

I don’t know how to start, I tried using struthiomimus to feed a ceratosaurus pack and a dilophosaurus pack, but the welfare issues make it so I can’t hit 1.5 stars needed for feeders.

Any ideas?

I beat it over the weekend. Ceratosaurus and Dilophosaurus in separate pens; keep feeding them struthies. I planned to add a third pen for Troodons but I had 1.5 stars before they were deployed. Make sure you have good visibility, amenities coverage, shelter, bathroom, and a hotel. Iirc, 3-4 ceratosaurs, about 7-8 Dilophosaurus, plus 15-20 struthiomimus across 2 paddocks, and a cinema did the trick; and if not, then a decent clutch of Troodons should put you over the top.

Last edited:
I beat it over the weekend. Ceratosaurus and Dilophosaurus in separate pens; keep feeding them struthies. I planned to add a third pen for Troodons but I had 1.5 stars before they were deployed. Make sure you have good visibility, amenities coverage, shelter, bathroom, and a hotel. Iirc, 3-4 ceratosaurs, about 7-8 Dilophosaurus, plus 15-20 struthiomimus across 2 paddocks, and a cinema did the trick; and if not, then a decent clutch of Troodons should put you over the top.
I didn’t think of using the attraction, that put me over the top, thanks! I never use attractions so it never occurred to me

Out of curiosity, did you wait until the Ceratos and Dilos were at 100% genome or just put them out as soon as they were available?

Because my problem with this scenario is that I just can't make a decent profit before something inevitably goes wrong even before I hit the half star mark.

Out of curiosity, did you wait until the Ceratos and Dilos were at 100% genome or just put them out as soon as they were available?

Because my problem with this scenario is that I just can't make a decent profit before something inevitably goes wrong even before I hit the half star mark.
What I did was get out a bunch of Struthiomimus straight away and then release a Ceratosaurus ASAP. If you have the amenities/core guest buildings in place you should just break even and start to make a small profit. Just sit back and let it build up from there before making your next move.

Yea, for most challenges I put animals on display as soon as I can. Another expedition or two or three is more money spent while not making income. I try to have 100% ready for the next generation mid-late game.

On jurassic i did 1 pen about 30% bigger than viewing gallery at the start of the big open area. 2 or 3 batches of struthies then guest buildings, power plant (replaced generator before any refuel needed) and expedition to portugal. Got 1 cerato, response facility and researched medical and waited until i needed it. After that i saved up money and slowly got up to 9 ceratos in that pen at 86% comfort. Needed medium amenities there and also small near the start. Then i built a monorail from start to above that pen and built a 2nd pen the size of a viewing gallery that fit 6 carnotaurus at 97% comfort. That was 2.4 stars. 2 attractions got it to 2.5 starts and feeder unlocked. After that, if you have no dinos that are aggressive and no traits that give dominance, then it's just a matter of getting all 20 species in. At 2.5 stars you can upgrade to all concrete walls so you don't have to worry about storms. You have to do it slowly when no dinos are near though - they take forever to upgrade and the guests don't like it since the enclosure is open while it's doing it. Since i used a monorail for my 2nd pen that means i was at 1.5 stars. So on hard i'd say just do the 1 pen. There is no appeal benefit of adding a 3rd species. You really don't want to be transporting struthies around anyway.

I just did this slugfest on jurassic. I hate it. I just hate it. This mission actively tried to destroy me. Over and over again, I'd hit 4.8 or 4.9 and the game would toss a storm my way, disease, or a "everyone dies of old age lol".

It was fun.

Honestly though. The win is all on how you start. The rest just falls into place. Get some dilos, amenities, and hotels Stat. Nothing else will do you any good if you're broke.

You can try and cheat by saving the game, letting your Dinos out and getting an "event" that awards you $2 million for eating a guest... yeah.

(This is purely luck as far as I know).

Last edited:
On jurassic i did 1 pen about 30% bigger than viewing gallery at the start of the big open area. 2 or 3 batches of struthies then guest buildings, power plant (replaced generator before any refuel needed) and expedition to portugal. Got 1 cerato, response facility and researched medical and waited until i needed it. After that i saved up money and slowly got up to 9 ceratos in that pen at 86% comfort. Needed medium amenities there and also small near the start. Then i built a monorail from start to above that pen and built a 2nd pen the size of a viewing gallery that fit 6 carnotaurus at 97% comfort. That was 2.4 stars. 2 attractions got it to 2.5 starts and feeder unlocked. After that, if you have no dinos that are aggressive and no traits that give dominance, then it's just a matter of getting all 20 species in. At 2.5 stars you can upgrade to all concrete walls so you don't have to worry about storms. You have to do it slowly when no dinos are near though - they take forever to upgrade and the guests don't like it since the enclosure is open while it's doing it. Since i used a monorail for my 2nd pen that means i was at 1.5 stars. So on hard i'd say just do the 1 pen. There is no appeal benefit of adding a 3rd species. You really don't want to be transporting struthies around anyway.
Dilos and Ceratos can still live together without much issue? That's good to know.

Dilos and Ceratos can still live together without much issue? That's good to know.
Nah i meant Struthy and Cerato as the only 2 species. I skipped Dilos completely because it seemed like fewer/higher value dinos makes it easier to manage feeding them Struthies. I tried Dilos the first time but it seemed like 9 of them eat the same amount as Cerato but give half the appeal. I chose Carnotaurus for the 2nd dino on Jurassic because they are even better as 6 of them equal the same points as the 9 Ceratos. You'd need 18 Dilos to equal that and it would be impossible to manage them.

Top Bottom