Powerplay Not getting merits for destroying enemy powers ships.

I am pledged to Felicia Winters. When I destroy a Patreus Sentinel I don't get any merit increase with Felicia Winters. Shouldn't I be getting merits from destroying her enemies ships? OR what am I missing?

dayrth

Volunteer Moderator
If these are ships that are in a Winters system then you get nothing, (personally I think you should). If you go to a Patreus system and kill them you should get 30 merits each.

If these are ships that are in a Winters system then you get nothing, (personally I think you should). If you go to a Patreus system and kill them you should get 30 merits each.

Oh thanks. I agree, it's really pretty strange that you won't get any in a home system... From now on I'll just don't fight them in a home system then.

Last edited:

Hey, I tried going to a patreus system and killing a Patreus Sentinel. Didn't get any merits for it though. Does it have to be specific Patreus systems? And if so can you tell what kind of system it has to be?

If you kill a red ENEMY in a system that is listed as your PP Controlled System, you get a small bounty reward that can be claimed in the system, but you do not get Merits.

Merits are only earned for participating in the Preparation, Expansion, and Fortification processes for the Power.

But I do agree that any ship that is tagged as Enemy to your Power should reward a small amount of merits per kill. Maybe 5 or 10.

I also think you should get merits for destroying enemy ships who are trying to undermine control systems of ones own power. They are committing active acts of war after all.

Last edited:
I also think you should get merits for destroying enemy ships who are trying to undermine control systems of ones own power. They are committing active acts of war after all.

I agree with this idea, how else do you actively oppose undermining and receive merits for your actions?

Perhaps a small reward - maybe 1 - 5 merits for destroying enemy ships in your control systems, either by interdicting them or submitting to an interdiction by enemy ships and destroying them. It should be only a small reward for your efforts to support your power, then it wont create another merit farming situation.

Also I finally got tired of killing enemy ships that persistently interdict me in my control system - now I just submit and boost/SC out. Its not worth my time and effort to kill a Clipper or Python for 400cr. If I want to kill enemy ships for credits I will go to a RES or CZ, if I want PP merits I go to a Military Strike.

If there was more incentive to kill enemy ships in my home space I would be more than happy to take them on and I think a lot of other players would feel the same way.

Last edited:
I agree with this idea, how else do you actively oppose undermining and receive merits for your actions?

Perhaps a small reward - maybe 1 - 5 merits for destroying enemy ships in your control systems, either by interdicting them or submitting to an interdiction by enemy ships and destroying them. It should be only a small reward for your efforts to support your power, then it wont create another merit farming situation.

Also I finally got tired of killing enemy ships that persistently interdict me in my control system - now I just submit and boost/SC out. Its not worth my time and effort to kill a Clipper or Python for 400cr. If I want to kill enemy ships for credits I will go to a RES or CZ, if I want PP merits I go to a Military Strike.

If there was more incentive to kill enemy ships in my home space I would be more than happy to take them on and I think a lot of other players would feel the same way.

110% agree. I should get something for having to deal with them being in 'my' systems and interdicting me - an aggressive act. I should get at least something for the few minutes of time that takes away from fortifying/trading/whatever I was doing.

OP, I think you currently only get merits for enemy kills at Resistance Pockets in Expansion systems?

110% agree. I should get something for having to deal with them being in 'my' systems and interdicting me - an aggressive act. I should get at least something for the few minutes of time that takes away from fortifying/trading/whatever I was doing.

Agreed!

Top Bottom