Not to sound ungrateful, but no love for LEP?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
iirc when frontier announced that this year's paid dlc wouldn't make it, they said leppers would get something from the shop this year as a gesture for their patience. no idea what, though.

Did frontier really say it or was it just theorycrafting turned "truth" through repetition.

Did frontier really say it or was it just theorycrafting turned "truth" through repetition.

The Quote above (Zac Antonaci) said they will get some store content. Which would imho be the best solution.
Give every LEP owner 40 € worth of store credit, as the equivalent of a paid expansion in 2018.
Doesn't cost FD really much money, and the LEP owners could feel somewhat compensated.

Maybe if Frontier issued a statement on what the LEP holders could expect to see in the next 12 months, then those punters would be happ......................................wait!.........................................

..........that's not how Frontier operates!

What are you guys talking about? Ofc LEPers (i am not one) will get skins and store stuff for now. You can see that in the above official quote in post No 20.
I on the other hand can very well remember, that months ago there was also an official statement that LEPers would have "premium content" before the end of Beyond, meaning ofc before the end of 2018, which on another part of the same statement (Post 20) was took back, so i personally won't be surprised if it wont happen either.
I now dont believe anything around here, unless i have it on my hands.

The Quote above (Zac Antonaci) said they will get some store content. Which would imho be the best solution.
Give every LEP owner 40 € worth of store credit, as the equivalent of a paid expansion in 2018.
Doesn't cost FD really much money, and the LEP owners could feel somewhat compensated.

I can't see an issue with the practicalities, I just see a huge difference between "here you go" and "gimme stuffs".

Maybe if Frontier issued a statement on what the LEP holders could expect to see in the next 12 months, then those punters would be happ......................................wait!.........................................

..........that's not how Frontier operates!

You're underestimating the level of entitlement among some lepers, nothing less than a shrubbery will suffice.

What are you guys talking about? Ofc LEPers (i am not one) will get skins and store stuff for now. You can see that in the above official quote in post No 20.
I on the other hand can very well remember, that months ago there was also an official statement that LEPers would have "premium content" before the end of Beyond, meaning ofc before the end of 2018, which on another part of the same statement (Post 20) was took back, so i personally won't be surprised if it wont happen either.
I now dont believe anything around here, unless i have it on my hands.
The quote just says there's not going to be any DLC type content (as in an expansion like Horizons) this year, but that there will be some kind of store-stuff made free for LEPers. Which is where the OP came from - i.e. is it worth buying these paint jobs now or are LEPers going to get them for "free" later on this year (as in sometime in the next 5 weeks...)

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/444800-Important-Community-Update

"Naturally, there will be community questions that might come up from this information. We aren’t going to be ready to talk about what method or model the content will be. What we can say is that it’s expected to be a major milestone in the history of Elite and will be paid content. Lifetime Expansion owners will obviously receive the content as part of their pass."

and

"Another area that we’ve had a number of questions on is the “premium content” coming in 2018.

As many of you will know, we previously mentioned that premium (paid for) content would also be coming within the Beyond season of updates and that Lifetime Expansion Pass holders would be getting this for free. However, as we went through the early stages of what the next era for Elite Dangerous would be, we decided that it would be better to spend that additional time on the future content, rather than bringing new types of purchasable content out this year.

This is a big positive for the long term future of the game and its content. However, we also understand that there are people with Lifetime Expansion Passes who haven’t received paid for content in this season, because Beyond has been free to all owners of Horizons. We truly appreciate the support and commitment that those owners put in us when they purchased the LEP and we will be making sure that there is a form of free store content going out to them by the end of this year."

The lesson to be had here for LEP'ers and everyone else is don't buy things from Frontier on trust wait till you can see the goods, don't back them on their word alone; they don't seem to keep it.

Either that or research first purchase second. Which would also solve all the most common forum complaints.

The quote just says there's not going to be any DLC type content (as in an expansion like Horizons) this year, but that there will be some kind of store-stuff made free for LEPers. Which is where the OP came from - i.e. is it worth buying these paint jobs now or are LEPers going to get them for "free" later on this year (as in sometime in the next 5 weeks...)

I 'm not sure if thats the OPs point. If it is, then i dont know if he should wait, concerning the midnight black paintjobs, because they would be available to buy i assume in a year from now.

Havent the last four years provided you with enough game?

Personally i think FDev should just scrap LEP. The community that owns them are demanding as heck.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom