Not to sound ungrateful, but no love for LEP?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Seems like us Lifetime Expansion Pass holders have been getting the shaft lately. Am I wrong to assume we'd be getting the Midnight Black paint jobs for the new ships?

The black friday paint pack was a Horizons pre-order reward not an LEP specific reward.

The black friday pack was updated a couple of times I think, but hasn't been for any of the new 3.x ships, possibly earlier ones too so not a surprise this time either.

For LEP stuff apparently Fdev will be providing some sort of store content in a "God's Final Message To His Creation" kind of thing.

Last edited:
The black friday paint pack was a Horizons pre-order reward not an LEP specific reward.

The black friday pack was updated a couple of times I think, but hasn't been for any of the new 3.x ships, possibly earlier ones too so not a surprise this time either.

For LEP stuff apparently Fdev will be providing some sort of store content in a "God's Final Message To His Creation" kind of thing.

Yes, a fully loaded Panther Clipper :)

You'll get lots of hate here for giving Frontier money and backing this game.

Learn the lesson and move on.

Answer to your question is no of course you wont get any free skins, why on Earth would Frontier do that.

Probably because LEP owners would complain if the first LEP reward was just free skins that could also be purchased by non-LEP owners.

Probably because LEP owners would complain if the first LEP reward was just free skins that could also be purchased by non-LEP owners.
The first LEP reward was beta access to all 1.x updates. Next it was Horizons and beta access to all 2.x updates. We also got 29x Black Friday paintjobs (all that were available at that time), and a Gold Asp Explorer paintjob too.

Each of the above "rewards" had to be paid for separately, or as part of another purchase-reward, if a CMDR didn't own the LEP.

All LEP rewards so far have been purchasable by non-LEP CMDRs, and FDev have said that we LEP owners will not receive exclusive rewards.

I can only hope that 80% of the entirety of what arrives in 2019 is premium content.

Last edited:
For those that gave honest answers, thank you. For the ones just here to be bitter, go have a sandwich, I think your blood sugar is low.

Most companies that ask for a large chunk up front in good faith make sure to come back and take care of the people that believed in them. I was just checking to see if I should spend money on the black paint job for my chieftan or if I was getting it any way. Frontier store wouldn't convert to USD so it's a moot point now anyway.

I think the real question LEP owners should ask themselves is if the "new era of Elite" is going to be covered by it at all.

Personally I smell a standalone product, rather than an... ahem... *expansion*.

I would gladly purchase your LEP off you. I'm a contrarian investor and it seems to me these are largely undervalued and I like the look of the potential upside.

The issue here is a lack of understanding of what an LEP is.

You already paid for future expansions so you get them without further payment, probably saving a little money in comparison to buying them when they first hit the store. You've probably paid more than you will if you wait and buy them once the price drops.

Future free skins was never a thing for LEP's.

The issue here is a lack of understanding of what an LEP is.

You already paid for future expansions so you get them without further payment, probably saving a little money in comparison to buying them when they first hit the store. You've probably paid more than you will if you wait and buy them once the price drops.

Future free skins was never a thing for LEP's.

That.

For those that gave honest answers, thank you. For the ones just here to be bitter, go have a sandwich, I think your blood sugar is low.

Most companies that ask for a large chunk up front in good faith make sure to come back and take care of the people that believed in them. I was just checking to see if I should spend money on the black paint job for my chieftan or if I was getting it any way. Frontier store wouldn't convert to USD so it's a moot point now anyway.

I believe there will be a paid for expansion coming next year at some point which the LEP owners will not need to pay any extra for.

Last edited:
Seems like us Lifetime Expansion Pass holders have been getting the shaft lately. Am I wrong to assume we'd be getting the Midnight Black paint jobs for the new ships?

iirc when frontier announced that this year's paid dlc wouldn't make it, they said leppers would get something from the shop this year as a gesture for their patience. no idea what, though.

Boston;7204458...[B said:
I was just checking to see if I should spend money on the black paint job for my chieftan[/B] or if I was getting it any way. Frontier store wouldn't convert to USD so it's a moot point now anyway.
Yeah it crossed my mind too when I bought one for my Krait (and a couple of others), as there has been a (typically) vague statement that there would be something for LEPers coming this year. I guess we'll see...

*Edit:

...This is a big positive for the long term future of the game and its content. However, we also understand that there are people with Lifetime Expansion Passes who haven’t received paid for content in this season, because Beyond has been free to all owners of Horizons. We truly appreciate the support and commitment that those owners put in us when they purchased the LEP and we will be making sure that there is a form of free store content going out to them by the end of this year. ...

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom