Not your personal pick, close enough?

Hey everybody

Today I wanted to talk about animals that you are hoping for and if you would settle for another animal, subspecies or regional animal that is not on your wishlist.
We still don’t have any leopards (technically clouded and snow leopards are not leopard). Fans have showed divided support for African Persian Amur and Indian leopards. Suppose we get one and not the others and if it seems frontier will only give us 1or2 will you be satisfied or will you still urge for your leopard pick? I know some people are in favor of three toed sloth and not brown throated sloth (I personally don’t care), would you not be happy with whichever gets selected?
I know some people want some animals from a certain continent and not from another, example porcupines and lynx.

Try to keep it in this formula.
I Want: Stellar sea Lion
If we get: California sea Lion
I will: be satisfied

You can say why you wouldn’t be satisfied or if you still expect them to make your pick

Yes, there would be plenty of animals that if we get a "close enough" pick, I'm satisifed on. All of them really because they are "close enough" that I can imagine it being different if I wanted to stretch my imagination. If the different in biome or continent sometimes that's a sandbox only thing I can do. I kind of do that sometimes with the Black Bear, and try to pretend it's an American Black Bear. Same with the Salt Water Crocodile vs. Nile Crocodile.

The only one so far in the game I can't do that like I want is the Giant Otter. Literally any other otter would have been fine. but I find the Giant Otters creepy. so nope, gonna need another. I'm split on either the Asian Small Clawed or North American River Otter, either will do. I just need a non-creepy one!

I'd rather have the African White Rhino but I'll take the African Black Rhino
I'd rather have the California Sea Lion but I'll take the Stellar Sea Lion
I'd rather have the Crested Porcupine but I'll take the Cape African Porcupine (a new world porcupine, while very cute and welcome, would not be a suitable replacement)
I actually started out rather having the African Leopard, but have switched to wanting the Amur Leopard nmore, and now I'm kind of split. either would be fine. My main issue is making sure we can have plants that work for both Africa and Asia in Franchise that will cover its habitat suitability needs, since they're an animal I'd definitely want to use in franchise.
I'd rather have the Three Toed Sloth but a Two Twoed Species would be fine.
I'd rather have the Black Backed Jackal but one of the other species is fine.
I'd rather have a second penguin species be Cape African Penguin, but if it's some other temperate species of Penguin that's okay too.

Nice, I like this

I want : Eurasian Lynx
If we get : Iberian Lynx, I'll be satisfied
If we get : American species, wouldn't be that satisfied

I want : Black Rhinoceros
If we get : White Rhino, I'll be more than satisfied
If we get : Both, then 10/10

I want : Amur Leopard
Same case as with rhinos, African fine, both excellent

I want : Black Howler and De Brazza monkey
If we get :Any two tailed monkey species from S.America and Africa respectively I would be ey okay

I want : Canadian Porcupine
If we get : Land Porcupine, eh. Not the same feel tho
If we get : Brazilian Porcupine, a little better but still prefer my cold bois

I want : Red Deer
If we get : Roosevelt Elk I would be satisfied
If we get : Some smaller species like WTD, I wouldn't be

I want : Coquerel's Sifaka
If we get : Some other lemur species, it would be fine, but missed opportunity

I want : Alaskan Moose
If we get : Any other deer species that would replace moose, I would be kinda ed

Other irreplaceable species would include : Meerkat, Ibex, Wolverine, Przewalski Horse

I want the Iberian lynx, but I'm fine with the Eurasian lynx

I want the African penguin, but I'm fine with the Humboldt penguin

I want the red deer, but I'm fine with the Pere David's deer

I want the white rhino, but I'm fine with the black rhino

I want the American beaver, but I'm fine with the European beaver

I want a generic moose (Alces Alces), but I DON'T want a specific subspecies Alces a. gigas)

I want the European badger, but I DON'T want the honey or American badger

Did a ratel kill your dog or something? Never seen a person dislike the ratel before...

I will post a better version tomorrow, but for now, I want a Ratel, I would really dislike a house, kitchen, garden badger from Europe, those things walk through my backjard.

Well fun fact, Europeans don’t really care for Raccoons in zoo either, I don’t know a single zoo in the Netherlands that has Raccoons, from America we mostly have, snakes, alligator, bison, puma, moose, gila monster and roadrunners in the zoo, oh and polar bears and sea lions.

Too bad we don’t have Mountain Goats or Pronghorn in zoos...

I'm from Texas and I wouldn't mind racoons, coyotes, or any animal for that matter. Obviously, rare, "exotic" species woukd be preferred (of course, that's a relative term)

Seems we are steering off course here
Remember please try to follow
I Want: Red River hog
If we get: Giant Forest Pig
I will: be ver disappointed and still urge for Red River Hog

Other irreplaceable species would include : Meerkat, Ibex, Wolverine, Przewalski Horse
Yes.
I want: meerkat
If we get: Mongoose of any species (they are of the same family) I will not only be dissatisfied I will ask if that's someone's idea of a joke.

Yes.
I want: meerkat
If we get: Mongoose of any species (they are of the same family) I will not only be dissatisfied I will ask if that's someone's idea of a joke.
Frontier will be in a lot of trouble if they give us mongoose and call it good
I’m not sure if there’s any other horses they could go with that they would pick over P horses. But still they’d be in a lot of trouble.

I don't have anything that would fit the thread, really. My issues are with animals already in the game.

For example, they picked the Bengal tiger, but the better option is the Sumatran, because then they'd have representatives of the two tiger subspecies (tigris and sondaica) instead of two subgroups of the same subspecies. They picked the generic grey wolf, but I'd have preferred an actual wolf subspecies (such as Canis lupus lupus or Canis lupus occidentalis).

Did a ratel kill your dog or something? Never seen a person dislike the ratel before...

Badgers are great for nature parks, they would be ignored by European people in zoos

Well fun fact, Europeans don’t really care for Raccoons in zoo either, I don’t know a single zoo in the Netherlands that has Raccoons,

After we get the not-so-boring-animals like Ratel, Markhor and Maned Wolf

Please, can you respect other people's opinions for once? I've seen raccoons in European zoos and they aren't ignored by people. Same for the European badger. It's ok if you don't like them, but don't generalise that nobody cares for them.

Back to the topic, I forgot one:

I want the African spurred tortoise, but I'm fine with the desert tortoise (or.any tortoise that doesn't live in a tropical environment).

Top Bottom