News Notice - Background Simulation (19/02)

The system: Namte
The factions involved: Scythe Legion (PMF) and Namte Life & Co
The dates of the conflict: 2/20 - Present (2/27)
The actions performed including the name of Commanders performing them: 30+ Poll data delivery missions, 5+ Delivery Missions, 1 Poll Data Retrieval, 1 Wing Source Mission (CMDR Bjorn FitzBarnard on 2/22 other missions the prior days), and +20 Poll data delivery missions and others (CMDR Sk33lz on 2/22 other missions the prior days), other members of 12 person PMF have also contributed, but numbers unclear.
The expected results: Close Victory or Victory (had no issues in this system in a Civil War conflict)
The actual results: Draw, Close Defeat, Defeat (we expect to lose)

This is the second time we have lost elections in this system since 3.3 release, we have be able to gain influence correctly since the last BGS rebalance and have won a civil war; but have had zero luck with elections no matter what we do.

...and that's what I meant with my previous posts.

And honestly: I'm tired to be right in my pessimism. I really wish I was not, but here we are: the BGS is the new Powerplay (so I can be disappointed in all the "playstyles" I like, thanks).

You guys can make all the fancy announcements you can, trying to sell us that "you are aware of the problem and you're working hard to fix that", but if you are not able to give us feedback when real issues happen (like this one) there's absolutely no point in that, and your credibility as a company goes lower and lower again. I think many others agree with the fact that there's a lack in communications about that, if you are working the live version, doing tests, at least we should know that, so we can tell the people that play with us to go do something else, that there's no point working for our Minor Factions because, right now, the BGS is basically impossible to play.

And again: we had ONE WHOLE MONTH of beta test, and all the people playing the BGS were really worried about the instability of that and how sloppy it seemed, but you had to rush for the big release.

A release that after two WHOLE months is basically good only to take screenshots.

Yes, that was clearly negative feedback. Give me a reason to become more positive please... and yes, I still love the game. That's why the current situation really hurts.

Totally agree. Apparently you have to kiss some butts to not be "negative".

Hell no, I am a customer, , and a really disappointed one.

no influence changes for 2 days, expansion states ending with no expansions, and whatever the hell is going on with Illy enterprise.

twitchy.gif

Some feedback :

Tell us, in game, in the codex what does what in the BGS.
So that we as players and leaders of player factions can tell you if we experience bugs.
At the moment and for a long time its been guess work posted all over the web with conflicting information.
Stop with the hidden rubbish and tell us how it is supposed to work.

Having the information in the codex would mean when its updated/changed you would make sure the Codex gets updated/changed and all who play the game would know.

Last edited:
Some feedback :

Tell us, in game, in the codex what does what in the BGS.
So that we as players and leaders of player factions can tell you if we experience bugs.
At the moment and for a long time its been guess work posted all over the web with conflicting information.
Stop with the hidden rubbish and tell us how it is supposed to work.

Having the information in the codex would mean when its updated/changed you would make sure the Codex gets updated/changed and all who play the game would know.

It aint very hidden. https://forums.frontier.co.uk/forumdisplay.php/240-Background-Simulation

I am asking for Detailed information in the game from the Devs on what is actually supposed to do what.

Yes, that would be really nice to have at least general guidelines how things should work for different states of Faction. It also would be good to have CONFIRMED (by FDEv) what is not working correctly and under revision. For now it is like fight with closed eyes in changing arena against multiple targets where are not given any rules ... ;)

Last edited:
Just by the way :) 4 what were created squdrons? With current situation results of squadron efforts are invisible. Perfect way 4 attracting players to squadrons and game indeed...

This particular developer team still needs to grow up in understanding of how MMO games are played. Since 2012 they are focused on singleplayer mechanics and gameplay, totally misunderstanding that such MMO game they created desperately needs aims for group gameplay. There is no so pointless, meaningless and useless feature as PMF and even so, we are playing for them since there is no other group related gameplay. But BGS is low priority for FD because, you know, they are more concerned how the player X would play the feature Y alone into the void. Sometimes I have the feeling, that FD hates long term players and especially these who prefer to play the game with other players.

A little bump in case you have not seen BGS influence are frozen for 3 days now... Maybe no ETA on that also ?

A little bump in case you have not seen BGS influence are frozen for 3 days now... Maybe no ETA on that also ?

They are probably trying to fix stuff and have the tick disabled is my best bet either that or they broke everything when they were trying to fix it lol. At the end of the month is usually when they release updates.

Last edited:
Morning fdev!

In case you didn't spot - BGS has been broken all weekend, missing INF updates and missions seem to not have any effect (though state changes have happened).

If you could acknowledge that you are on the case and will fix it that would be cool. Even cooler would be if you start putting out news when you update the BGS, then we would know to look for issues.

Anyway, I'll be out exploring instead of doing BGS for a while, as I already lost 2 weeks work (if we don't count the also recent Biowaste issues, that was another week). Let us know when you think you got it in a reasonable state [up]

Top Bottom