Notice Notice regarding supply and demand of high-end minerals

I don't mind giving us getting more balanced prices for these mined commodities, as the initial prices attached to these items when the new mining changes released a year or so back were just stupidly mind blowingly bonkers high for the effort involved in collecting them.

However - basing the price given to you on the number of items in your hold rather than the actual demand at the station, is just a massive kick in the face to people working in wings.

Wingmates should NEVER get wildly different prices per ton if they are all selling at the same station at the same time. That price should only be affected by the demand at the station at that time, and if demand is very high or very low, then those prices per ton should be very similar across the wing. That is not the case right now if a wing arrives and each member is carrying different tonnages of the item in demand. Please fix this.

I have to say, I'm highly amused - so many topics in this forum discussed the total lack of realism in supply and demand over the years, and the subsequent 'silly money'.

Now the Devs have actually done something to address the artificial wealth earnings, some of the forumites are up in arms, that alone is worth several million tones of pre-nerf VO's :devilish:

Surely, if one has been mining as it is a pleasurable pursuit, the potentially reduced income doesn't stop it being pleasurable?
TIL casting a line and catching an old boot is the same as catching a fish and equally satisfying.

I have to say, I'm highly amused - so many topics in this forum discussed the total lack of realism in supply and demand over the years, and the subsequent 'silly money'.

Now the Devs have actually done something to address the artificial wealth earnings, some of the forumites are up in arms, that alone is worth several million tones of pre-nerf VO's :devilish:

Surely, if one has been mining as it is a pleasurable pursuit, the potentially reduced income doesn't stop it being pleasurable?
They didn’t add realism is the problem. A money-making avenue has been nerfed, which, ok fine; but it’s yet another band-aid reactive spot patch which also has the effect of making the trade game incoherent and the trade tools worthless. Not a good look.
If the changes made to void opals et al are “more realistic” then why aren’t they being applied to ALL commodities?

Greeting Commanders,

Since the launch of the January Update, we've received a lot of feedback about the changes made to the supply and demand volumes of specific high-end minerals. Today, we wanted to give you an update on some of the feedback you've been sharing with us.

Summary of the change:
In the January Update, we have rebalanced the mining of certain high-end commodities. to better represent a realistic supply and demand process based on the system's economy. This means that a station's purchasing price for minerals will reduce as the demand is met. With this change, we've also adjusted the supply and demand levels of different economies. For example, there will be a lower demand in Colony economies for high-end minerals, as those economies do not require as much, but in a Refinery economies, they will have a high demand for high-end minerals, as those economies require more. By implementing these changes we wanted to generate "gold-rush" opportunities, that dynamically respond to player interaction, increasing the viability of smaller mining vessels, and rewarding early participants who sell their minerals in high demand locations first.

Thanks to reports from the community, we've identified a number of issues in regards to mining and the supply and demand of minerals. The team are going to be investigating these issues, but please keep those reports coming in through the Issue Tracker.
  • The demand for Low Temperature Diamondshas remained high, , which is not in keepingwith the other high-end minerals.
    • From tomorrow, we will be aiming to correct this. Low Temperature Diamonds will now also be affected by the changes to supply and demand - as originally stated in the Patch Notes.
  • When identifying stations with supply and demand for high-end minerals such as Void Opals, Painite, and Low Temperature Diamonds, commanders need to have the specific mineral in their Cargo Hold in order to search for them on the Galaxy Map.
    • From tomorrow, commanders will be able to toggle these minerals in the Galaxy Map, without needing to have the commodities in their Cargo Hold.
  • When selling minerals at a station, the price that is offered is based on the amount currently in your Cargo Hold..
    • While this has always been the case, we've passed the feedback on to the team for consideration for a future improvement of the feature.
We believe that this change will allow for a much more realistic and dynamic system, where the economy responds to player input and provides a much more meaningful affect on galaxy. As always, we will continue to monitor your feedback and work together to develop our ever expanding galaxy.

o7

Terrible mistake. You people nerf every situation to make money. Why not BALANCE THE PILLARS like you said you would when you introduced them.

If the intention is to prevent bulk selling a high value commodity with low demand at the premium price, then the fix should be to cap the sell amount to match the current demand (unless it is already zero).
Agreed. It doesn't make sense that a trader would buy beyond what they need unless they were intending to stockpile or sell the surplus at a markup. It also implies that commodity markets have an infinite amount of money for purchasing goods.

The price is set by the buyer. Like in a fishmarket. Seems logical. You can try to sell for a higher price in a different market.

@Wargrum Wings or not. The first seller should get a higher price. Why do people in wing need to get the same prices? They are now getting the same price if they are binging in the same amount of tonnage.

Agreed, but - this will have consequences and make things even more complicated. First, it will be a drastic global (galactic!) change in the way current demand works. Such a hard cap would hardly make everyone happy. Then further steps would be needed to make any further sale optional, e.g. asking whether you want to sell the rest for a loss of so-and-so... If you catch my drift. But of course our high end community tic-tac-toe programmer club will solve that in no time, no doubts.

There’s already a programmed cap on the sale amount to prevent you selling more than you have, the amount in your cargo.
A simple one line change would do it.
Sellcap = min(cargo,demand)
Selling any remainder would then be a second transaction at the now reduced zero demand price.
This is assuming that demand reacts instantly to the initial sale.

I like my job, but if they stopped paying me, I'd not keep going back.

In the January Update, we have rebalanced the mining of certain high-end commodities. to better represent a realistic supply and demand process based on the system's economy.

I appreciate the effort you all are making to improve the game mechanics. I do. But this isn't an "economy". Until we can actually interact and understand how those interactions effect a marketplace, it's not an economy. It's just a box we throw stuff into with a variable payout.

It won't be an economy until we can buy and sell, build, manufacture, create, or add value on our own as players.

Let me buy used ships. Let me harvest materials from wrecks to build new ships. Let me mine minerals, to process, to build things. Let me start a "Used Ship Lot". With 0% financing. And wacky-waving-arm-flailing-inflatable-tube-men.

Then it'll be an economy.

Greeting Commanders,

Since the launch of the January Update, we've received a lot of feedback about the changes made to the supply and demand volumes of specific high-end minerals. Today, we wanted to give you an update on some of the feedback you've been sharing with us.

Summary of the change:
In the January Update, we have rebalanced the mining of certain high-end commodities. to better represent a realistic supply and demand process based on the system's economy. This means that a station's purchasing price for minerals will reduce as the demand is met. With this change, we've also adjusted the supply and demand levels of different economies. For example, there will be a lower demand in Colony economies for high-end minerals, as those economies do not require as much, but in a Refinery economies, they will have a high demand for high-end minerals, as those economies require more. By implementing these changes we wanted to generate "gold-rush" opportunities, that dynamically respond to player interaction, increasing the viability of smaller mining vessels, and rewarding early participants who sell their minerals in high demand locations first.

Thanks to reports from the community, we've identified a number of issues in regards to mining and the supply and demand of minerals. The team are going to be investigating these issues, but please keep those reports coming in through the Issue Tracker.
  • The demand for Low Temperature Diamondshas remained high, , which is not in keepingwith the other high-end minerals.
    • From tomorrow, we will be aiming to correct this. Low Temperature Diamonds will now also be affected by the changes to supply and demand - as originally stated in the Patch Notes.
  • When identifying stations with supply and demand for high-end minerals such as Void Opals, Painite, and Low Temperature Diamonds, commanders need to have the specific mineral in their Cargo Hold in order to search for them on the Galaxy Map.
    • From tomorrow, commanders will be able to toggle these minerals in the Galaxy Map, without needing to have the commodities in their Cargo Hold.
  • When selling minerals at a station, the price that is offered is based on the amount currently in your Cargo Hold..
    • While this has always been the case, we've passed the feedback on to the team for consideration for a future improvement of the feature.
We believe that this change will allow for a much more realistic and dynamic system, where the economy responds to player input and provides a much more meaningful affect on galaxy. As always, we will continue to monitor your feedback and work together to develop our ever expanding galaxy.

o7

Rly? Brexit is so painfull for you, so it affects minds. xD

1580422213309.png

Top Bottom