Notoriety wont go down?

So, i did a USS, there was a conflict and sided with the system rulers in there. They said i should help with robbing the cargo ships and pick up the stuff when they hatch break it..

So, i collected it, all sudden i get wanted for murder, 8800 credit bounty and Notoriety 1..
Now, i cant pay off it or "turn myself in" on the station, cant use any services at all..

Somewhere it said you needed to fly around for 2 hours before the notoriety goes down so you can turn yourself in and pay off the bounty, but now i been flying around for 6 hours, and still lvl 1 and cant pay it off...

What the hell i need to do to get this off me? Cant even change ships or anything else except refuel, reamarm repair....

yes, tried most of it i can think off. flied to new system and back, reloging, got this last night and today i so far been online around 6 hours or so...

It is 2hrs per point, just have to be in game, maybe try restarting the game. Bounty should only stop rearm/repair in systems controlled by the faction you got the bounty in. An anarchy system will let you do anything while having a bounty, find one, and call a ship over - as the bounty is attached to the ship can carry on as normal till worked off your notoriety. Once notoriety is zero get back into the ship with the bounty, find a Interstellar factors and pay if off.

Last edited:
It is 2hrs per point, just have to be in game, maybe try restarting the game. Bounty should only stop rearm/repair in systems controlled by the faction you got the bounty in. An anarchy system will let you do anything while have a bounty. To pay it off find an Interstellar factors.

Well, 1 problem there for me... I was in station doing a transfer of my ship frrom far to it, so i took off my engineered fsd that i was gonna use on that ship. Meanwhile, waiting that 30 min, i thinking i could go and try find some materials in USS instead off just sitting there waiting..

Now, with 5e fsd, heavy combat outfitted python, i cant jump anywhere. 1 system of 6ly, and that is also controlled by the same faction... So i am kinda stranded here, and cant use outfitting to equipp the FSD, Good job me i guess...

And for the 2 hour /point.. i only have 1, will i have that forever, or will that go down to 0? Since it stayed on 1 all this time.

Not sure I follow all of that - if the python was the ship with bounty should not have been able to access outfitting?? Though never tried so maybe you can take stuff off.

If you think have online and ingame over 2hrs and still showing notoriety (in the right panel) maybe time for a ticket.

Nah, i had taken off the fsd before this notoriety. and just cruising the system while i wait ship transfer when i got this notoriety...

thinking i could go and try find some materials in USS instead off just sitting there waiting..
This bit might be relevant. When you say sitting there waiting, are you docked/landed as I'm pretty sure the 2 hour per point counter stops when you're not actually flying about.

I'm pretty sure the devs wouldn't allow such an easy exploit of leaving your computer on all night as a way of burning notoriety.

If you were actually flying about doing game stuff for two hours, then yes I'd say you need to contact support here.

This bit might be relevant. When you say sitting there waiting, are you docked/landed as I'm pretty sure the 2 hour per point counter stops when you're not actually flying about.

I'm pretty sure the devs wouldn't allow such an easy exploit of leaving your computer on all night as a way of burning notoriety.

If you were actually flying about doing game stuff for two hours, then yes I'd say you need to contact support here.
Nope, it does go down when you're docked. Please don't post info if you haven't actually tried it.

Here's this from the actual FDEV FAQ:

What is Notoriety?

• When you commit a murder your Notoriety is increased by one unit up to a maximum of ten.
  • Notoriety is applied to your commander, not your ship.
  • The higher your Notoriety, the higher the bounty on your head.
  • If you murder another player (i.e. not an NPC) the higher your Notoriety, the lower their rebuy cost.
  • If your Notoriety becomes too high you will attract the attention of the ATR.
  • Notoriety decreases one unit every two hours of play when obeying the law.
  • Notoriety does decay while docked, however, it will not update in your statistics until you undock and jump to supercruise.

For the question, i have been flying around, not just sitting there watching the station... :) i been flying around in the system collecting materials in USS, ( NO COMBAT ) during this time. Only encoded emissions and such... But, if nothing happens in next hour, i make a ticket..

Just to be sure.. WILL the notoriety drop to 0?

...So, i collected it, all sudden i get wanted for murder, 8800 credit bounty and Notoriety 1...
Did you look up your notoriety in your profile page in game? Maybe you have more than just one. How did you get it? Collecting cargo? That is new to me. Destroying good guy ships gets notoriety. If not understanding this you may get more. With notoriety 1 it ALWAYS goes to zero playing the game for two hours then have options to pay it off or go to a detention center. Meanwhile flying to another system where other factions don't want you for crimes and play the game normally. Going for combat Elite with NPCs if I messed up in one system I had backup systems to continue combat where I was not wanted while learning from my mistakes. I also always had an Interstellar Factor close by to take care of cleaning my record when the notoriety goes to zero.

• Notoriety does decay while docked, however, it will not update in your statistics until you undock and jump to supercruise.

That's the only part I have seen work different, had reason to leave the game running overnight recently to clear some notoriety and has been zero when came back, maybe there is a time factor involved as well

Did you look up your notoriety in your profile page in game? Maybe you have more than just one. How did you get it? Collecting cargo? That is new to me. Destroying good guy ships gets notoriety. If not understanding this you may get more. With notoriety 1 it ALWAYS goes to zero playing the game for two hours then have options to pay it off or go to a detention center. Meanwhile flying to another system where other factions don't want you for crimes and play the game normally. Going for combat Elite with NPCs if I messed up in one system I had backup systems to continue combat where I was not wanted while learning from my mistakes. I also always had an Interstellar Factor close by to take care of cleaning my record when the notoriety goes to zero.
Yep, been 1 all this time... And yes, only my limpets collected the cargo, no guns out. Unless my limpet attacked the ships witch is hard to belive unless they added "combat" limpets lol...

Have you

1) jumped into another system
2) log out to the menu, and back into the game again

If not, try those

Yes, several times. And can only jump to one system due to limit of FSD, and cant pay it off there either, does not even show up there, guess its becouse its not an anarchy system..

Top Bottom