NPC Cheating in this version is even worse than Horizons

Uninstalled.
img_0389.jpg

Too bad I missed this out at the start...

:ROFLMAO:

Yeah, all these years and no-one had evert got Elite in Combat - good catch!
points to sig Checkmate :LOL:
Very much this.
Post your favourite ship build. Lets find out what mistake if any you are making
This won't end well...
It's your free time, if you're not enjoying it good luck with whatever you play next.
Amazing innit? I tend to do stuff I don't like, but then I get paid more then 400 ARX a week for it.
BOTTOM HAT!!!!!!!!!!!
Got it. But stuffz that loses to NPC is not worth hazzing.

So now I have beern playing the game a few hundred hours the cheating is clear, harmless NPCs flying like Tom Cruise in top gun, I am also convinced the AI controlling the game is a blatant cheat, it cripples your ship so its not as agile, makes your target scanners useless, and allows high rank NPCs to escape with frameshift so you cant get a higher rank, its pretty terrible actually and sucks the life out of the game, I have seen this enough now to sure this is real and its rife.
Let us know what you think after a few thousand hours.

So now I have beern playing the game a few hundred hours the cheating is clear, harmless NPCs flying like Tom Cruise in top gun, I am also convinced the AI controlling the game is a blatant cheat, it cripples your ship so its not as agile, makes your target scanners useless, and allows high rank NPCs to escape with frameshift so you cant get a higher rank, its pretty terrible actually and sucks the life out of the game, I have seen this enough now to sure this is real and its rife.
Are you serious? Maybe you are a new combat player, because NPCs are waaaay too weak once your ship is fully engineered. It takes less than 3 minutes to destroy an Elite Federal Corvette without even losing shields and sometimes without even taking a hit. Might take longer against smaller Elite ships if they're fast and you can't hit them every time, but as they have no firepower, no risk to die anyway. I actually think Frontier should strenghten NPCs, not the opposite, or even create an OP class with reinforced weapons/shields that would be far better than players' engineering. We need NPCs (other than Interceptors) that we fear to fight against, especially on the System Defense (police) side.

Last edited:

A lot of players complain that AI is too easy and ED offers no challenge... so they have to resort to ganking to get any thrills out of the game.

It's quite refreshing to see someone that struggles with ED ship combat.

To be fair, I kind of am not massively into the combat (I KNOW) but yeah, when I want to can sit there and take out Anacondas with a Krait MKII

Top Bottom