NPC Cheating in this version is even worse than Horizons

So now I have beern playing the game a few hundred hours the cheating is clear, harmless NPCs flying like Tom Cruise in top gun, I am also convinced the AI controlling the game is a blatant cheat, it cripples your ship so its not as agile, makes your target scanners useless, and allows high rank NPCs to escape with frameshift so you cant get a higher rank, its pretty terrible actually and sucks the life out of the game, I have seen this enough now to sure this is real and its rife.

So now I have beern playing the game a few hundred hours the cheating is clear, harmless NPCs flying like Tom Cruise in top gun, I am also convinced the AI controlling the game is a blatant cheat, it cripples your ship so its not as agile, makes your target scanners useless, and allows high rank NPCs to escape with frameshift so you cant get a higher rank, its pretty terrible actually and sucks the life out of the game, I have seen this enough now to sure this is real and its rife.
You clearly need more hours

Indeed. My sympathy does not naturally lie with someone whose response is to make a thread about how impossible it all is though, as if at some point in the last seven years this wouldn't have been noticed.
Exactly, I have no problem helping players out but have no patience for those who saltily try to blame the game when it's clearly their inexperience that's the problem

I thought you quit the game last week, but you have changed your avatar in the hope people don't notice?

Yup, I hear you bro! I am like a bloodhound for this ;)

Sadly though, I think the OP will reinstall and unquit before the end of the day, so once again I will be diddled out of stuphs :(
No, he came back again. Honestly, it's best to just ignore people like OP who are prone to ragequits on a daily basis. Pretty much everything he says is factually and demonstrably wrong, so just let it go. :)

OP: just kill people on foot, it will add to your ship combat rank much, much faster than even killing elite ship NPCs will. You know, like if the game is so totally broken now that even the relatively trivial game-play of increasing ranks is borked beyond all recognition.

Oh, I see you already stopped playing, anyway. Wise decision. Just be a sport and hand over your stuff to BH, please.

There are two ways to challenge NPCs. You implement good AI (expensive). You use scripts that disadvantage you and give NPCs advantages (cheap). Now guess how it's implemented.
The first. A lot is known about now the AI works in ED. The playerbase picked it apart over the years and we had so e discussions with the AI programmer. The AI has less and weaker mods than we do, responds to module damage like we do (barring few exceptions), runs out of chaff, SCB and heatsink ammo like we do, has the same pitch/yaw/roll performance and obviously doesn't 'disadvantage' us. Is it perfect? No. But it's classes above the AI in NMS, SC and X4. Truly a different level completely.

It's okay not to notice any of it though. :)

Top Bottom