Newcomer / Intro NPC still shooting and flying nice with 0% power plant

Greeting CMDRs,

PVE noob here. Had been searched around, seen this reported as bug in 2018 but seems still exists, at least those NPC I have been shooting are still returning fire on me after I have shoot up their PP (shown 0% on my target screen).

So is this destroying PP stuff only works in PVP or I'm not doing it correctly??

I sometime seen NPC ended up with uncontrolled spin (hull no 0% yet). Which sub system should I target to get this happen :devilish:

Thank you.

seen this reported as bug in 2018 but seems still exists, at least those NPC I have been shooting are still returning fire on me after I have shoot up their PP (shown 0% on my target screen)
Not a bug. At 0% integrity (that's what you see) the PP will still put out IIRC 80% power, dropping randomly to 30% or something like that. It's just that the (any of) the next hit has a chance of blowing up the PP. Also works for player (i.e. your) ship. NPCs are simply very, very good at juggling power priorities.
So some sort of weapon with a high cadence (like a beam laser) can be helpful at this point.
So is this destroying PP stuff only works in PVP or I'm not doing it correctly??
You have the wrong expectations. It works for both NPCs and players the same way.
I sometime seen NPC ended up with uncontrolled spin (hull no 0% yet). Which sub system should I target to get this happen
Thrusters, of course. Although you may end up (happens to me usually) with an NPC "drifting" off uncontrolled at max speed.

Once the PP is at 0%, it only takes a few more shots on it to explode the ship, regardless of how much Hull they have left.
There's no point in making NPCs spin uncontrollably by shooting out their thrusters when fighting in a CZ, which I guess is where you've seen it.You'll waste too much time chasing after them. It's much easier to take out their PP and make them blow up.

I'm also joining the chorus of telling that it works like it's supposed to. Our combat wing makes it a point of pride of taking out Type-9s our by power plant explosions before their hull goes to 0 whenever one lumbers into a conflict zone.

Craith

Volunteer Moderator
Small ships kind of have to go for the power plant if they want to have enough ammunition to last a CZ.

As far as I know, the following happens: As soon as a power plant reaches 0%, its output is temporarily reduced to 40%, and will return to 50% within a few seconds. Any further hit that penetrates the hull has a chance to blow up the power plant. Different weapons have different penetration ratings.

NPCs have their energy priorities set up correctly and are generally less over-engineered, so they have more spare power and can continue to fight. You will see that their shields stop regenerating (because they are offline), and power hungry weapons like Plasma Accelerators and Railguns may also no longer work, while they shoot you with the rest of their weapons. NPCs also don't care much for their survival, so they continue fighting, when a player would have high waked already.

Addend on shooting thrusters - While NPCs are not AS survival oriented as Players, they do sometimes run. Killing the Thrusters will prevent them from running, although they sometimes gain acceleration (??!), but, more importantly, without a thruster, they also cannot jump out. This can be significant with ships you've invested a lot of effort on.

Addend on shooting thrusters - While NPCs are not AS survival oriented as Players, they do sometimes run. Killing the Thrusters will prevent them from running, although they sometimes gain acceleration (??!), but, more importantly, without a thruster, they also cannot jump out. This can be significant with ships you've invested a lot of effort on.

Break their thrusters and they'll coast in whatever direction they were last moving, at whatever speed they were at when their thrusters hit 0. It can be very annoying if they're on a spin too, you'll usually end up in an annoying chase.

Top Bottom