Horizons NPCs took a contract out on me!

NPCs Pirate took a contract out on me!

I was having a great session in my Vulture at a local RES / High near Ebor (solo) this morning. Racked up 3 million in about 45 minutes. When all of a sudden I got an incoming message. An NPC PIRATE told me I was messing with the wrong guys and then said he was taking a contract out on me. I hightailed it out of the RES with 3 ships in pursuit. Then I switch to my Asp X and did some trading missions. It has no weapons but lots of speed and distance. And to my surprise the NPC that had the contract on me was still in hot pursuit. I evaded 2 interdictions and made the deliveries.

How long is this putz going to pursue me? I guess it might be time to take a trip in my new engineered FDL and get this dude off my back :)

Last edited:
Interesting, I've not heard of this happening before. Pretty cool, actually. I guess the easiest idea is to take him out, assuming you can. Otherwise he might chase you forever, who knows? :)

You nailed it. It was one of the Ebor Pirate factions housed in the Morris Enterprise spaceport where I am based. It says "unfriendly" in our relationship description. Probably due to all their pirates Ive been killing at the nearby RES. ;)

Last edited:
Wow, nice bit of immersion there. I'm hostile to a faction in a medium security system but not seen anything like this yet.

Odd of me to say but I wish this would happen to me as well. Would add an extra element to the game for me.

You were in the RES to kill bad guys, so i'd have thought that you'd want them to take a contact out on you. The more that come, the more money you make. I wish they'd do the same to me, but I get the opposite. When the powerplay NPCs come to get me in the RES (normally they're clean), they take one look and then fly away, making inane comments about it not being worth it.

I was having a great session in my Vulture at a local RES / High near Ebor (solo) this morning. Racked up 3 million in about 45 minutes. When all of a sudden I got an incoming message. An NPC PIRATE told me I was messing with the wrong guys and then said he was taking a contract out on me. I hightailed it out of the RES with 3 ships in pursuit. Then I switch to my Asp X and did some trading missions. It has no weapons but lots of speed and distance. And to my surprise the NPC that had the contract on me was still in hot pursuit. I evaded 2 interdictions and made the deliveries.

How long is this putz going to pursue me? I guess it might be time to take a trip in my new engineered FDL and get this dude off my back :)
To help avoid such things; I have found that if once everyday, you take out a mat, place it so you are facing Sol and then pay homage to the Goddess of Minions. I try to do this and have found that the NPCs are much friendlier.

To help avoid such things; I have found that if once everyday, you take out a mat, place it so you are facing Sol and then pay homage to the Goddess of Minions. I try to do this and have found that the NPCs are much friendlier.

This made me laugh! I might need to try it! lol.

You were in the RES to kill bad guys, so i'd have thought that you'd want them to take a contact out on you. The more that come, the more money you make. I wish they'd do the same to me, but I get the opposite. When the powerplay NPCs come to get me in the RES (normally they're clean), they take one look and then fly away, making inane comments about it not being worth it.

I love it when they come have a look at you then say sorry....thought you were somebody else :)

Interesting. During the recent CG I drove one faction to a Hostile status because I killed so many of them and wondered if that would change their behavior. Was important, because my method of recharging shields was to just sit there for a while and not attack anything. NPC's would come up and scan me, then insult me for having no cargo and leave. Was half expecting the ones that I was now Hostile to would actually attack me for that reason alone, but never happened.

One factor in my situation might be I was on a real tear. Must have killed 50 in a half hour. Thats when I got the threatening message saying I was messing with the wrong guys. :)

I got my first message saying a faction was now hostile to me last night after spending some time in a HazRes and killing lots of their ships. Was just logging out though so they might be gunning for me next time i log on.

I got my first message saying a faction was now hostile to me last night after spending some time in a HazRes and killing lots of their ships. Was just logging out though so they might be gunning for me next time i log on.

No. Nothing to worry about. They'll be scared of you now, anyway.

Dominic Corner

Mostly Harmless Programmer
Frontier

Hi there,

Seeing how npc assinations are the domain of Missions, praying to the Mistress of Minions is going to do little but invoke the ire of Renroc Cinimod, Lord of Contracts.

Be seeing you,
Dom

I love this kind of stuff.
I also like getting a bounty hunter sent after me when I have been a bad boy.

I hope FD will add more consequences like this, positive as well as negative.

Hi there,

Seeing how npc assinations are the domain of Missions, praying to the Mistress of Minions is going to do little but invoke the ire of Renroc Cinimod, Lord of Contracts.

I think you two should feature as the twin bosses in a Fighting Fantasy gamebook. Perhaps something the fiction and community creations subforum could collaborate on?

This is amazing! More of this would be good! Too often I've had salvage contract missions offered to me through critical mission update in the res zones. Notifications that there is a contract out on me would be great. Offers of assassination missions within the zone might be nice too...

Hi there,

Be seeing you,
Dom
Upsetting the Lord of Contracts frightens me less than upsetting the Goddess.

I once suggested that she was a mad scientist; who had lost control of her minions. So after finding my self being hunted down by waves of Anacondas, I could only find safety hiding quietly on the dark side of an abandoned planet, far into deep space.

Top Bottom