General NVIDIA VRSS feature for Elite VR ?

Hello,
I run Elite in VR with a 1.0X supersampling via the in-game settings and it’s a huge improvement in clarity.
But it would be (very) amazing to just supersample the middle of the viewport and leave the periphery at 1.0X, which is what VRSS does!
Looks like it’s a driver-level change, it's does by Nvdia devs, so hopefully we’ll see this available for Elite soon ? (if possible of course...)
Boost Image Quality up to 8x without writing a single line of code, will be cool no?

For FDevs, NVIDIA Link: Submit your VR Game and Pro VR Apps to NVIDIA

Regards.

Last edited:
I'll second this, Elite Dangerous was the first game that I looked for in Nvidia's VRSS list when I installed the drivers.

I like the idea of VRSS.
This is not about quality but also about performance: no need to render in details geometry which is out of focus.
What is not clear is "why this is for VR".
The idea does not require VR, it is applicable for any eyetracking software which provide user's gaze point.

Hmm, actual Drivers have this feature not for Elite. If the Devs don't have to write any line of code, why has nothing happened. It looks like they just dont care for their VR Costomers.
Thumbs down for this outstanding Support Fronter, many thanks!:cautious:(n)

Bumping this.

@Arthur Tolmie Would it be possible to know if anyone at Frontier has submitted the application for VRSS support for Elite Dangerous?
It seems a relatively simple and quick thing to do for the benefit it will bring to players, so I hope that the application was put through at or before the beginning of this year.

If it hasn't been lodged, it would be nice to know why.

Cheers.

You do understand this is proprietary? Why implement this so only nvidia users can use it? Just wasted time and resources.

You do understand this is proprietary? Why implement this so only nvidia users can use it? Just wasted time and resources.

And with nVidia as > 75% of the GPU market as of Aug 2020 this is a feature the large majority of people would enjoy the benefit of.

How many use VR? And even if it was also for non VR user; my argument would still stand.

Blame Nvidia for making it proprietary. Not the gaming companies for not following suit. Same is happening with raytracing.

AMD is working on similar technologies as DLSS and VRSS, but it's just not ready yet. So why not start to implement those functionalities for NVidia users, and later for AMD when available? Lot of games have specific options not widely adopted, like HDR, Raytracing, etc. and DLSS or VRSS appear also in lot of new recent games (Cyberpunk, Death Stranding, Bonework, etc.) so why not?

So big +1 for me too.

Top Bottom