Notice o7 Commanders, undocking from Frontier station!

Paige Harvey

Community Manager
Hello Commanders,

With my heart full of pride and love for the Elite Dangerous community, I’m afraid I have to tell you that February will be my last month here at Frontier Developments. I’ve spent the last four years learning so many skills and meeting so many incredible Commanders, however it’s time for me to spread my wings and embark on a new adventure!

I started here at Frontier Developments in April of 2016 in the Customer Service Wing as CMDR Normandy, before becoming a Social Media Manager and eventually a Community Manager for one of the coolest space games on the planet. It’s truly been a wonderful journey, and though I can’t highlight every fantastic moment of my time here, I want to mention just a few things that will always be with me.
  • With your help, we’ve raised hundreds of thousands of pounds for Special Effect, helping to support disabled gamers and get them back into the game. This charity is incredibly close to my heart and I couldn’t be prouder whenever I see a member of the Elite Dangerous community flying the Special Effect flag.
  • The moment that CMDR DoveEnigma13 arrived at the Dove Enigma megaship in Colonia caused me to sob uncontrollably. To me, there’s no better way to explain to people just what the Elite Dangerous community are like than to tell them the story of the Dove Enigma, but I’ll let CMDR Mach1ne’s heart-warming video tell the tale.
  • The reveal of the 2.4 update was just epic. We’d worked on plans for so long to tell the Elite Dangerous community that the Thargoids were back, and the second that we said those words, you could hear a pin drop. The excitement was palpable and the reaction from the community was second to none.
  • Singing with the Lake Band during the 24 Hour Charity Stream was awesome, and from the very first practice session, I could just feel how amazingly talented and kind the band was. They welcomed me with open arms, and it was an honour to perform with them.
  • The last (but definitely not least) memory I'd like to share is meeting the inspirational CMDR Michael Holyland and his family. Michael's candle may have extinguished too soon, but the legacy he leaves behind burns brightly in the heart of every Commander who remembers him.
In my job I’ve had the opportunity to work with most of the incredible teams that make up Frontier Developments, but I’d like to give a special shout out (unsurprisingly) to the Community Management team. The team are fantastic and I know that in the hands of Will, Stephen, Bo, Chante and Paul you’ll be looked after. You can also expect to see some new faces on the team over the next few months and I look forward to meeting them as well! Thank you team for everything you’ve taught me and for your friendship over the years!

If you want to keep up with me in the coming months then feel free to follow me on Twitter @PaigeHHarvey, or on Twitch at twitch.tv/arthremis, I’d still love to hear from you all and I’ll be following Elite Dangerous all through 2020, there’s some epic things coming ;)

Thank you all for the last four years, don’t forget, you’re all incredible.

Paige

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
WHAT?! Why didn't anyone tell me?
giphy.gif
appropriate sad cat gif

Silliness aside, I'd like to extend a big thank you to you, Paige, for all you've done while on the team. You're an absolute powerhouse of a Community Manager, dedicated to both your community and work, and I cannot wait to see what the adventures ahead have in store for you.

Very sad to see you go Paige. You've done a wonderful job at Frontier and I've always enjoyed watching you on the live streams. Please keep in touch with us as you will always be part of the Elite community.

All the very best and Fly Safe Commander. o7

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Source: https://media.giphy.com/media/9Y5BbDSkSTiY8/giphy.gif

I'm not really sure what to say... I'm going to miss you so much Paige, you are an awesome human being. Thanks so much for being part of this community for so many years, even with some of your responses back when you were CS. It's not going to be the same without you here that's for sure, but whatever you do in your future I know you'll be amazing at it.

Hopefully we will still get to see you wiping the floor with people at Gang Beasts, at some of the community meets.

Fly safe o7

Top Bottom