OA and Dj truthsayer discuss update news

Had this on while collecting modular terminals on the console account. Its a good discussion once the discussion starts up.

[video=youtube;pAOv9CoslkE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAOv9CoslkE[/video]

- I like the speculation that its so distant because its considering next gen consoles. Possibly current consoles are the root of all evil for future content.
- Frontier are trying their own at games at a service as the industry is, and i completely agree that the gap is failing that part for the duration between. Best way to put it.
- Until frontier themselves provide a showing we really need to check out. The gap between the goodwill earned by elite and given back by white and grey knights might have a bigger drop to reality than, well goodwill sets up.

Eagerly looking forward to frontiers next engagement with us / me as a player, whatever that may be. Ps. the current livestreams don't do anything. Completely ineffective, there's no point. To me anyway.

I listened to five seconds of it at random, by accident.

Someone was complaining that they will never find Raxxla because they can't be bothered to grind for combat Elite.

Like, that's the real problem right now.

So much nonsense to unpick there.

Last edited:
Even with slim updates between now and Era II FD can do a massive amount if they think creatively and engage with us. Even if updates are fiddling with numbers they can still make ED a lot more fun in many areas doing very little. Plus, do more in depth Discovery Scanners, pics of the week, feedback on small isolated changes that we can see in game, all sorts.

Had this on while collecting modular terminals on the console account. Its a good discussion once the discussion starts up.

- I like the speculation that its so distant because its considering next gen consoles. Possibly current consoles are the root of all evil for future content.
- Frontier are trying their own at games at a service as the industry is, and i completely agree that the gap is failing that part for the duration between. Best way to put it.
- Until frontier themselves provide a showing we really need to check out. The gap between the goodwill earned by elite and given back by white and grey knights might have a bigger drop to reality than, well goodwill sets up.

Eagerly looking forward to frontiers next engagement with us / me as a player, whatever that may be. Ps. the current livestreams don't do anything. Completely ineffective, there's no point. To me anyway.

Listened to that myself. Really good discussion but I disagree on the console talk. I know its trendy to blame consoles around here but the fact is, both original PS4 and original Xbox One exceed the minimum PC requirements for this game. I don't see FD releasing paid content which would only work on next-gen consoles, which will be small in number compared to current-gen hardware in 2020.

As for the VR talk, no. Not from Xbox anyway. They been clear about waiting to see if the VR market for games expands. MS's focus for now is on HoloLens/Augmented Reality for Enterprise use and turning Xbox into a platform for gamers, regardless of what device they own.

Last edited:
Possibly current consoles are the root of all evil for future content.

Current and possibly future consoles are the root of all evil for PC users anyway. There was a time PC games were noticably different and improved. Nowdays all we seem to get are bad ports. Most often shows up in bad control schemes

That's what they were saying. I was utterly baffled. I mean, yeah, it's a grind, but for me personally it was the lesser of the many many grinds available. But I don't understand why he thinks that not having combat Elite is preventing him from finding a non-existent meme based on the free novella that shipped with a kilobyte-payload game that shipped 35 years ago.

But that's the fandom.

Its probably that the PS5 will be backwards compatible with the PS4 since they are both on PC based AMD CPUS, and that the PS5 might have various boost modes that improve various things like resolution, FPS etc for a potentially advanced NuEliteExtreme.

Last edited:
Mr Ant. If you have any sway with FD make them do sometihng about the FSS i beg you. I get the distinct impression they arnt listening to me :)

Well, this is going to be a fun 18 months. :O The conversation round here is getting just a tad stale... I think it's time to take another break (from the forums). :)

Id probably drop £50 for a python with 70-75ly and the old ADS....

Or an imperial courrier with similar abilitys

Last edited:
Top Bottom