Parks Oakwood Adventures - Family Theme Park - Goodbye Alpha 1

[woah] Really stunning!!! Are u an architect??? (seriously, are u? i can´t even imagine build stuff like that!)
Would u consider in some point share ur savegame so we could move freely around it? Or make some video? (or even better, some video in ur creating building process?)
Many thanks for sharing ur work until now and specially, choose my country as one nice area in your park!! (btw, sorry for my english) [uhh]
Like vampiricdreams said: keep inspiring us!!

Thanks Rok! I'm not an architect I'm afraid, school kind of gets in the way, but that sounds like an amazing career to me haha I can put out a video in a future update with a little time lapse or live segment to show how I create these buildings. Great idea!
In terms of a download I'm unsure if I'll release one before its finished because it can be a little rough in places and coming soon signs just won't cut it lol but once it's a complete park I definitely will-pictures just can't cover all the little details that make the park come alive.
Btw your English is great, languages aren't really my strong point haha but besides thanks for your lovely comment [happy]

Two things i love the idea :

Stalls%20at%20night_zpsl7omudn0.png

These barrels on the floor as floor pavements :) great idea !

And : these seats :
Restaurant_zpsdulafob1.png

Never see this before and it looks great ^^

Cheers dude, just made my day. I went and had a look at your first park you had made in the alpha, its good work! You're great at creating an atmosphere- possibly some advice would be to avoid repetition and symmetry too much, I see a lot of doors and windows placed closely side to side that are identical. Try sinking certain scenery items into your walls and work from there!
Thanks for your great comment. [heart]

At the moment I'm still playing with all the new features. I was going to go back to my old park and tweak things and change it up, like you said... it's a lot of repetition in my first park. My old park was going to get to be re-themed, but where they improved the path tool and the coaster tool I decided I would start over.

I have an entire week off from work... well, taking a week off from work since it's really busy at the moment and I do market research and it's a real drag at times. So I will definitely be working a lot on my new park. I'll post the creations on the forum. But I'm definitely watching this project. I may use some styles but I will totally give you and Silvarret credit for all the inspiration you presented to the community.

Update 5: British Progress!

[SIDE NOTE: Goodbye FPS, this park is becoming quite a weight on my PC at times. Its not the largest but as I reached my 6000 building in the park in the form of the new coaster station my PC decided to die. After a couple of days trying to fix it it eventually decided to work again... and I'm back! Hopefully you enjoy this update, this part of the park is the most ambitious part yet!]

Hello and welcome back to Oakwood Adventures.
The barriers across the bridge were still up today unfortunately but huge progress can be seen from the skyline and behind the barriers. Today we can give you a sneak peak of what is to come.

Click here to go behind the scenes!

The street through Britain now features an inverted coaster which ducks and dives between the buildings, currently un-named, this family coaster is sure to thrill!

The formal gardens continued into a little courtyard serving Tea, Scones and Cakes throughout the day for an authentic British experience.

The skyline is dominated by the huge Victorian-styled building that makes up the station for our as yet un named coaster. It is inspired by the Kings Cross hotel in London.

A large picnic area is being constructed just to the left of the coaster.

Thanks for visiting, we'll be sure to keep you updated on future progress.
-The Magician

Last edited:

English Area very close to being finished... Is that a giant wheel in the background? [big grin]
More soon...
-The Magician

Last edited:
These pictures look awsome. I wish i had the craftmanship and patience like you to create buildings like that.
Hope to see more soon

Update 6: Romanian Weenie

[SIDE NOTE: Small update today, I've spent some time working on small details and back-stage areas that don't really make a great update- but out of the main things I've created I can show you the highlights. I attempted to record a time lapse of the construction of hte new castle but the game ended up crashing (The park is a huge drain on my CPU) but I'll try again maybe with a less ambitious and long build - This one took the best part of 3 hours. Time is becoming a little tight as I move towards my final two weeks of exams but I'll make sure I make time to keep you guys posted - [heart]]

Hello and welcome back to Oakwood Adventures
Over the past week rapid construction saw the old Oakwood Pavillion taken down and replaced by our new Romanian Castle inspired by Peles Castle – Sinaia, Romania. It acts as a major weenie in our park and a focus point for our guests to walk towards at the end of the mainstreet- just in front of our portals.

Click to View

Not only that but the British area is finally completed as the barriers were taken down today and opened to our guests.

Click to View the completed area.

The new sky wheel gives a fantastic view of the park.

A new gift shop and a locker room have opened up just in front of the British Plaza

The sheer scale of the completed area can really be appreciated from the top of El Diablo

Thanks for stopping by today, this park is becoming huge!
-The Magician

Last edited:
Your park is truly spectacular.[up] I just wish people would stop taking potshots at the "other unnamed game." PC is a fantastic game and I am really happy I bought it but I also still have hopes for the other one. Maybe it's just loyalty, maybe I just have a soft spot for that franchise but there is room for both, I am enjoying both and both teams are made of hardworking people that deserve respect. It's not a failure, it's a work in progress, so I just wish people would leave comments about that one in those forums and stick to praising this one in these forums.[mouth shut]

Your park is truly spectacular.[up] I just wish people would stop taking potshots at the "other unnamed game." PC is a fantastic game and I am really happy I bought it but I also still have hopes for the other one. Maybe it's just loyalty, maybe I just have a soft spot for that franchise but there is room for both, I am enjoying both and both teams are made of hardworking people that deserve respect. It's not a failure, it's a work in progress, so I just wish people would leave comments about that one in those forums and stick to praising this one in these forums.[mouth shut]

I completely agree, and I'll refrain from talking about it here in the future. We're so gifted to be granted three amazing roller coaster games in development this year it's been 12 years since the laat major one. I think much of the frustration comes from the fact that the franchise we knew and loved has been taken in a very different direction to the progress made in its third instalment; it feels like a bit of a step back. However, that is not to say it's a failure as I wrongly said before it's more a direction that doesn't suit players like me who are keen to build realistic parks and grand architecture much like that of RCT3 enabled through custom scenery. Planet coaster is my preferred game at the moment because it suits my playing style and to me they're making the right decisions with a great community that is involved in its development- I place more trust in Frontier than the multitude of studios who have been working on World through its rickety progress. I'll keep my mind open to all but to me, at least based on the Alphas, this game is the one in line with my vision the most.
Thanks for your comment
-The Magician

Agreed. RCT World is dead......just wanted to see what they've updated so I opened it today.......for some reason all of my heretofore working coasters have stopped working and are all valley'd after the first drop. Really want my money back from those crooks. Planet Coaster is clearly the winner in this sim park war. Hats off to Frontier for doing such a bang up job!

Last edited:
Update 7: The Dragon

{SIDE NOTE: Sorry for the lengthy time between this post and the last- this update is again mostly working behind the scenes. I attempted multiple themes and styles and ended up scrapping every one until i came to this. I'm very happy with the result, and am excited to get it finished!]

Hello and welcome back to Oakwood Adventures
As the park re-opened today a large amount of new features can be spotted, especially from the top of our sky wheel.

Let's get a closer look!
[Click to show Gallery}

The Old St Bernard express has had a major revamp with new coaster cars, layout, and a mountain which the coaster weaves through its abandoned mines.

Not only that but the Weenie has had some large extensions on both wings.

This opens up the plaza to form to knew portals, one of which leads to a new land which is seeing rapid development behind the scenes.

The first tests have begun on our new coaster.

A new large castle facade which houses the station for our new coaster; Rhaegos. A B&M Standup coaster that reaches top speeds of 72 mph (116km/h)

A sneak peak inside the newly-designed station.

This is a area sure to thrill on completion!
-The Magician

Top Bottom