Parks Oakwood Adventures - Family Theme Park - Goodbye Alpha 1

This is a thread to track the progress of Oakwood Adventures as it is being created, be sure to go to the most recent post to see its current build!
[The download and video can be found here: https://forums.planetcoaster.com/sh...an-s-Oakwood-Adventures-(Download-and-Video)]

[SIDE NOTE- Hello everyone, this is my first post on the forums. I'm extremely impressed by the capabilities of Planet Coaster, especially in an alpha stage, and as a long time fan of the rollercoaster tycoon series this is the game that I was waiting for, and I believe many people feel the same way; especially after the failure that was that Atari Game that shall not be named... Anyways, I know there isn't much to show off here but I just thought It would be great to get some feedback before the arrival of Alpha 2 so I can put some ideas together for the future expansions. The community so far has been amazing with the livestreams, forums and creations you have made (shout out to Kukamonda, flabaliki and silvarret you guys rock.) I cant wait to see where this game goes next and am eagerly anticipating Tuesday the 24th.]
Thanks for reading [heart]

Greetings and welcome to Oakwood adventures! A low-rise, European, family park set in the beautiful New Forest, England.

Click to view the gallery (WIP)

Upon your visit please keep in mind you are the first visitors to this world of adventure- so feel free to explore and give feedback to our park managers and cast members.

This is our main street, comprised of two main roads that cross before the two large towers.

At the end of which is our first flat-ride, "The Nymph," set within an abandoned Main-street, just like the one you stepped out of- run amuck with plants, and left to crumble.

Up ahead is the Plaza containing the portals to each of the individual lands- Only one is open at the moment however.

Stepping through the portal will bring you to our first land- our very own Alpine Adventure- complete with our first rollercoaster, Restaurant, Games Stalls and a flat ride.

Sideshow stalls, in the middle- the coconut shy- why don't you test your throw?

And the Six Bells Tavern- serving food from 11-9 all seven days a week.

And of course, no park would be complete without a rollercoaster- The St Bernard Express- A small family coaster built within an alpine village; which ducks and turns between the buildings, through the forest and gives a beautiful view of the park from the top of the lift hill.

We Hope you enjoyed your visit here today, and hope you check back soon as we open new portals to new worlds!
-The Magician

Last edited:
UPDATE 2: Spanish Village?

UPDATE 2: Spanish Village?
[Side Note: Thanks for the lovely comments so far, I wasn't entirely sure what your reaction was going to be but its great to find out you guys liked it- much love [heart]
Today I've been experimenting with the new tools and items from Alpha 2; I particularly love the XYZ rotation and advanced placement system, its genius and saves loads of time. This is the result]

Welcome back to Oakwood adventures
If you've ventured into our park today you may have noticed railings placed around the second portal in our main plaza as construction has begun on our second land; Spain.

Today we can give you an exclusive look behind those barriers as a little hint of what is to come after we unveil- rumours have it this will include a new rollercoaster.
Construction has begun on a few stylised buildings along the main path- these include two small townhouses and a Spanish church, the main focus point of this small Spanish village.

As you can see construction is well under way and our cast-members are working their hardest to bring this to you as soon as possible.

And our beautiful church is almost complete, details will go in shortly but the main building is mostly there.

Keep an eye out for future updates- We look forward to hear from you soon.
-The Magician

Last edited:
Update 3: Spanish town continued

[SIDE NOTE: After two weeks of torment with exams, I now have a little break, and there's no better way to spend the time than continuing this park. I'm really happy with how it is turning out, and can't wait to explore some other themes. But for now, here's the result of some experimenting with the new tools available to us.]
Hello and welcome back to Oakwood Adventures

The barriers were still up today, but once again we can give you a sneak peak behind the massive progress taking place over this week.
PROGRESS REPORT - GALLERY
We look forward to seeing you soon,
-The Magician

Your park is looking incredible. I don't follow many parks but I just love the architecture you're creating for your park, and how you find great use for every piece and combining them to build something whimsical and classical throughout. I get a lot of inspiration from Silvarret following his Grizzly Valley series on Youtube which has helped me a lot, but still trying to find my own personal style to differentiate myself from the rest of the incredible talent. You're totally inspiring me as well. Keep up the exceptionally thought out and brilliant work.

Your park is looking incredible. I don't follow many parks but I just love the architecture you're creating for your park, and how you find great use for every piece and combining them to build something whimsical and classical throughout. I get a lot of inspiration from Silvarret following his Grizzly Valley series on Youtube which has helped me a lot, but still trying to find my own personal style to differentiate myself from the rest of the incredible talent. You're totally inspiring me as well. Keep up the exceptionally thought out and brilliant work.

Thanks dude, what a fantastic comment! I think a lot of people are finding inspiration from them especially due to the limitations in the game at the moment. It's great to hear so many people in the same mindset of pushing the boundaries of what is possible. I'd say look at the real world, the themes you want to create and work backwards; that way we can achieve this. Glad you could find inspiration in my rather random approach to the game- in my opinion it's the best (although not the most organised) way of getting about it.
Keep building, I can't wait to see what you make
-The Magician

Update 4: El Diablo

[SIDE NOTE: Thanks for the fantastic response to the park so far; I've been trying my hardest with the new coaster builder. Its not the easiest beast to control I must admit but once you put time and effort into it the layouts can turn out quite smooth and the animations make it all worth it! Hope you enjoy this rather huge update- I'll keep you updated on all the progress I make and hopefully the new land will be ifnished by then! Anyway, on with the post.]

Hello and welcome back to Oakwood adventures!
An atmosphere of fiesta was around the park today as the barriers came down at our second portal to our new land- Spain!
Featuring Europe's tallest Dive Coaster - El Diablo- at 141 ft (43m), featuring a death defying drop into a canyon, and an immelman turn into a zero-gravity roll! Dare you deal with the devil?

A tonne of new buildings have cropped up around the area, including a rural Spanish Pavilion that houses the new coaster!

We have a large seating area overlooking El Diablo, featuring a Burrito bar and a Margarita Stall, this is a great place to be at night, our on-site band plays for your enjoyment from 6-10, live music and food are the perfect recipe for a fantastic night here at the park

Have a look at our new coaster for yourself... If you dare...

Aside from that, during your visit today you may have noticed with the unveiling of one land, progress has begun on another! Behind the barriers is the beginning of a land set in Britain, a thriving shopping district with a couple of flat rides and our first inverted coaster! Updates will come shortly but you may want to have a sneak peak behind the barriers...
A Tudor facade is being put in place, featuring market stalls and shopping halls.

The beginning of our formal gardens is being put in place here.

And a huge row of brick buildings have started on the west side of the highstreet.

For now, I will leave with you an overview. Thanks for popping by today, this park is really starting to grow into something big!
-The Mgician

Last edited:
Again, absolutely breathtaking. This would be a park that I would want to go to in reality. It's not too much, since sometimes overtly themed park creations is pretty for a moment but gets messy, confusing, and a strain on the eyes. It's a tiny park with so much richness, complexity, and life packed inside. You're doing an outstanding job and again, what you're doing with accent elements I never even thought of. And again, keep inspiring us. Have a great weekend.

Again, absolutely breathtaking. This would be a park that I would want to go to in reality. It's not too much, since sometimes overtly themed park creations is pretty for a moment but gets messy, confusing, and a strain on the eyes. It's a tiny park with so much richness, complexity, and life packed inside. You're doing an outstanding job and again, what you're doing with accent elements I never even thought of. And again, keep inspiring us. Have a great weekend.

Cheers dude, just made my day. I went and had a look at your first park you had made in the alpha, its good work! You're great at creating an atmosphere- possibly some advice would be to avoid repetition and symmetry too much, I see a lot of doors and windows placed closely side to side that are identical. Try sinking certain scenery items into your walls and work from there!
Thanks for your great comment. [heart]

Last edited:
[woah] Really stunning!!! Are u an architect??? (seriously, are u? i can´t even imagine build stuff like that!)
Would u consider in some point share ur savegame so we could move freely around it? Or make some video? (or even better, some video in ur creating building process?)
Many thanks for sharing ur work until now and specially, choose my country as one nice area in your park!! (btw, sorry for my english) [uhh]
Like vampiricdreams said: keep inspiring us!!

Top Bottom