Newcomer / Intro Obama Plaza at LHS 3447 - What do I do there?

Hello Commanders,

While heading through the starting system (LHS 3447) to meet my brother that just bought the game, I saw something called Obama Plaza just over 92,000ls from the LHS 3447 main star and very close (1,047ls) to Trevithick Dock, where players first spawn.

cZ5UYDF.jpg

e4h8Eib.jpg

Upon approaching it, my info panel told me I could scan it but I had to do something special. I didn’t look at it long enough to remember what it said and I don’t know how to see previous messages from the info panel. So now, I’m at a loss as to how to interact with the station.

I read on a different thread -> (Reddit Thread) <- that sometimes you need to be within 300m to use the data scanner on your target. I can’t get my ship within 425m without bumping into the station (haven’t actually bumped it yet cause I don’t wanna get wanted and die). I’m not even sure it said to use the data scanner but the thread was specifically about scanning a Comm Installation, which Obama Plaza is a Comm Installation. They mentioned something about white icons on the radar that showed things they should be able to scan (and was able to scan with the suggestion from the thread). However, there are no icons around Obama Plaza, only the station itself and all the vessels flying around it.

AWyCNRw.jpg

Any help on the subject would be helpful. It’s not at all a game breaker for me but I’m just so curious as the what this is doing here with the name “Obama Plaza”. I get that he’s a recent US President, but that’s now, I can’t see him being That memorable 1300 or so years in the future. I imagine it was just a nod to his presidency and a familiar name for new players to see when they first log on. But then again, I can’t find a Single mention of “Obama Plaza” and “Elite Dangerous” on google... has No One asked about this before or even listed it in a survey of stations/Poi? Is it new? How many people have seen this before? But most important, what do I do there?

Thanks for any input CMDRs. Fly dangerously out there.

Cmdr MattMacGyver out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom