Obnoxious number of crashes to desktop since update 12.1/2

Usual number of CTDs prior to U12? Did this only start to happen after one of the hotfixes? One of the only guaranteed CTDs I heard of and experienced so far are at a settlement when you have something like a Theft mission active.

I'm getting crashes on approach to certain planets as of U12. Highly predictable, right at certain LOD transitions. The hotfixes seemed to help in some areas, but not others.

However, I haven't reported it as the only way the game works at all with the drivers I'm using is via dxvk.

Think I have only had three CTDs so far with Odyssey total. Two were on planet and also no exobio had been spawning beforehand. The other was on approach to a planet. Nothing so far with U12, though I haven't had too much time with it yet.

Do you have shader blobs you could temporarily relocate? See if that helps.

No CTD recently at all, but the only one of the OP‘s affected activities I have done since U12 and the fixes is dropping out of cruise.

Haven't had any since the update, so guaranteed fix is if you head out into the black and do nothing but exploration you will be fine! (y)

That does include landing on a couple of planets and walking around as well!

So far it’s been at least three per day. Just had one in the middle of combat in ship. Tried reverify of games files. I’ll try a driver update if available. A couple squad mates are also seeing it.

Hi,

I have had at least 15 crashes to desktop after update 12, when before that, and after update 11, the game didn't crash even once. All of the crashes have happened in supercruise when I have been approaching a landable moon of a gas giant planet or a brown dwarf. Now there are moons on which I cannot land at all because the game crashes every time before I even get to orbital cruise. The distance when the CTD happens varies from a few Mm to a few ls. I verified my game files after update 12, but not after patch 12.1.

I have submitted a report on this to issue tracker.
https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/50593 Crash to desktop when approaching a landable moon of a gas giant planet

Of course, now that I wrote that I had my first one last night. 😄

Yeah I had a couple of odd ones the other night as well. Froze when accessing a booth in a station, froze when trying to set a route in the system map, both first time errors I have never seen before. I stopped playing after that, it was my last few minutes play anyway and they haven't repeated since in the couple of play sessions since. Curiously it happened at the same sort of time I have been getting lengthy jump timers on my FC so I can only put them down to some sort of network issue rather than anything on my laptop. In fact most of the crashes I have had usually happen at a time when I am expecting data transfer between the servers and me, pulling data down from the server after scanning a planet, accessing the booth in a station, all times I expect data to be exchanged.

5 crashes in the last hour alone. Ridiculous. Just walking around on one occasion. What's worse is that the crash reporter also crashes with a "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error and sends no crash report. Issue tracker is not accepting reports either. The web page fails to respond. Hope they're aware of this by now.

As title says. I’ve now experienced 8 crashes in 24hrs. Transferring cargo. Dropping from SC. Deploying the SRV. Landing at settlements. So wide and varied I have no idea what to start looking at. Started out pretty happy but this is really starting to suck.

i crash anytime I try to approach the surface of HIP 17125 A 3. There’s also a weird black overlay that blocks me from seeing the surface. Like a black blanket. If I move/ pitch I can see around it with night vision and see the surface but then it crashes once I’m 32km from it. It’s a constant Orange Cobra error. Probably crashes 50 times between last night and right now. Was running fine, with a 6900XT, 64GB RAM and Ryzen 3950X, previous to the patch. I guess I’ll go back to what I was doing in Elden Ring now.

Do any of you experiencing crashes ever exit to the main menu and leave it for some period of time and then go straight back into the game?

I've found that is guaranteed to get you a CTD not long after. I tend to do this when I'm developing Captain's Log; I need to exit to the main menu after testing something if it needs altered. Exiting to main menu is convenient.

Alas, now I have to completely exit the game and fully restart it in order to not CTD.

Top Bottom