Obsidian Ant on Pilots Federation idea

[video=youtube_share;PVRAG13KMr4]https://youtu.be/PVRAG13KMr4[/video]

I think he's really onto something here.

One step further would would be to establish a criminally based alternative to Pilots Federation with its own ranking (Blameless to Elite) that could give its own set of benefits that the Pilots Federation would have revoked in some alternative fashion. Perhaps established by the only pirate PP faction in the game (where the new proposed stations would first appear).

Last edited:
That is an interesting suggestion by OA.

The first benefits to these "evil pilots federation" stations would obviously be Black Market access.
You shouldn't be able to sell stolen goods at a lawful station.
Paying off bounties and whatnot can be done here too.

You could also add "illegal" modules, which can only be purchased in these places, and are prohibited in lawful space (Kill on sight).
Heck, you could even have pirate specific ships here too, because you'd probably lose access to federal and imperial navy ships if you was naughty enough.

There's plenty of CQC assets and pirate bases that can home these things.

It's a good suggestion overall.

I think this idea has been floated before. I know I have, and I think I even saw the boy wizard suggest it back before the C&P update.
I think having pirate stations in anarchy systems and having massive police presence in high-sec stations is a pretty obvious step. I feel like I should find the whole proposal from a year ago and reposting it.

I like it.
Being criminal should have it's special perks and consequences.
Also I do agree that inhabited part of Galaxy is too homogenous now.

Imagine losing Fed and Imp Rank, Permits and Engineer access because you murdered one too many commanders. Basically a CMDR reset.

Imagine losing Fed and Imp Rank, Permits and Engineer access because you murdered one too many commanders. Basically a CMDR reset.

hmmm yeah, that would suck. But I think the idea was that you could switch between being a Baddy and a Goody.
Also it seems reasonable that the illegals would have their own engineers offering the same as the existing engineers, their own permits too.... which would in effect be "no go areas" for the authorities/Goodies and likely be where their engineers are to be found.
Or....am I mistaken?

As long as it's properly balanced with alternative options for outfitting and engineering, then it has a lot of potential for fun. A lot of people are just going to watch the first couple of minutes and go "Yessss! Completely shut down te bad gankermanz and make him quit te game!" but that isn't what OA was getting at.

I rather like Obsidian Ant's idea. And I definitely like the idea of gankers becoming persona non grata in Federation stations and associated engineers. This does, of course, raise an issue about engineers. Personally, I totally like the idea of gankers no longer having access to engineers once they are kicked out of the Federation. Of course, logically, like any other crime syndicate (that might be a good name for the dark side...Syndicate), they would likely develop their own chop shops and brokers.

Obviously, you'd need a commensurate ranking metric as a Syndicate member so that if those of us who prefer to be decent people actually defeat an attack from a Syndicate member we get the appropriate combat points (or vice versa). I don't know if this kind of a system would drive more veracious activity from gankers, though, since there's be a more competitive driver for them. My own personal preference is that there be as many disincentives for ganking as possible.

I think he's really onto something here.

One step further would would be to establish a criminally based alternative to Pilots Federation with its own ranking (Blameless to Elite) that could give its own set of benefits that the Pilots Federation would have revoked in some alternative fashion. Perhaps established by the only pirate PP faction in the game (where the new proposed stations would first appear).

Obsidian Ant has a point with the Pilot's Federation story/lore.

Unfortunately, I don't agree with further penalties for crime in ED.

Pirates and combat make the game more exciting and any further punishment will make this game LAME aF.

The ships in ED have hardpoints, shields and armor, and its the skilled CMDR that has to use these optimally.

I agree with any ranking system that has decay built-in , but strongly disagree to any harsher penalties for crime gaming.

Because ganking is a bully's tactic, I would like to see faster and more powerful system-authority response from the controlling-faction which a CMDR has worked for an allied-status as a method against criminal ganking.

Let the local authorities deal with the crimes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom