Obsidian Ant video - ARX: Thoughts On The New Currency And What It Means

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkmPquf-lxs

The September update will arrive with a new in-game currency called ARX. Frontier have recently released a bunch of information about this new currency, and they also discussed it at Lavecon.

ARX is what could be called a "premium currency", and it can be purchased with real world money. Alongside this, with the September Update, the entire Elite cosmetics store will be brought directly inside the game, and it's here where players will be able to spend ARX in order to buy cosmetics.

Give real money to receive virtual money.

My banker will never accept.
Your banker knows that the money you are currently using is already virtual money.

As a PS4 player, the ARX system sounds much cleaner than the clunky system we have now. I was in the PS4 Frontier store today and noticed that you can use your Frontier points to by ARX (incorrectly called ARC points).

I think we on the forums are acting like free content for content creators.

Everyone is welcome everywhere of course, but id like to suggest if you're going to make a youtube video for mainstreamers you should at least chime into the discussion you're going to be soap boxing about. The mods are really good here you won't get attacked more than you want.

And the only people that actually do the attacking are probably your real life mates OA.. us keyboard people are harmless.

I think we on the forums are acting like free content for content creators.

Everyone is welcome everywhere of course, but id like to suggest if you're going to make a youtube video for mainstreamers you should at least chime into the discussion you're going to be soap boxing about. The mods are really good here you won't get attacked more than you want.

And the only people that actually do the attacking are probably your real life mates OA.. us keyboard people are harmless.
Naturally, the content creators will look at discussions on Reddit, the forums, Twitter, etc, for video topics.

Those Content Creators also have their own platforms and communities to communication with - they don't need to respond to queries on the platforms they aren't directly involved with. Their fans will ask questions on the CC's platforms; if you want to ask questions of them too, ask on their platforms.

Naturally, the content creators will look at discussions on Reddit, the forums, Twitter, etc, for video topics.

Those Content Creators also have their own platforms and communities to communication with - they don't need to respond to queries on the platforms they aren't directly involved with. Their fans will ask questions on the CC's platforms; if you want to ask questions of them too, ask on their platforms.

Yes of course. I did check the fact he had a go at the forum thread on customisation without actually speaking his opinion in the thread itself. Especially since it wasn't complimentary.. and how civil the discussion and the op are. It is what it is.

Yes of course. I did check the fact he had a go at the forum thread on customisation without actually speaking his opinion in the thread itself. Especially since it wasn't complimentary.. and how civil the discussion and the op are. It is what it is.

You assume that the forums are the only place that concern has been raised. What made you think I was talking about a forum thread? The same subject was also raised in my YouTube comments section, as well as at Lavecon.

Whilst there can definitely be some good information here, and there's also certainly a whole lot of genuinely nice people here, the Elite Dangerous community does not revolve purely around these forums. ;). :p

You assume that the forums are the only place that concern has been raised. What made you think I was talking about a forum thread? The same subject was also raised in my YouTube comments section, as well as at Lavecon.

Whilst there can definitely be some good information here, and there's also certainly a whole lot of genuinely nice people here, the Elite Dangerous community does not revolve purely around these forums. ;). :p

Oh hey you're alive. Good to see. Yes i think the forums are a great place. The mods here are truly excellent and logic seems to be the ultimate master here, ie, even the worst people wont override logic for the sake of cult purposes.

Well i'll have to admit ignorance on my part then. I long ago stopped going to reddit, and its been pointed out by StewartGT quite strongly that its only the forums that have problems, on reddit its impossible for issues to get any traction and thats apparently a positive thing.

So i just assumed that the complaints are from here.

I forgot to ask why he actually comes here after his bullet pointed list of reddits virtues and our failures, but i guess maybe there's a charm somewhere. Oh official game effecting polls nevermind :)

Also thanks for making your videos!

sXWbx1L.gif

I long ago stopped going to reddit, and its been pointed out by StewartGT quite strongly that its only the forums that have problems, on reddit its impossible for issues to get any traction and thats apparently a positive thing.
Nah, we're very fond of banning from the subreddt illiterate and/or sitewide-rule-breaking fools though :ROFLMAO:

Important issues get traction on Reddit. "Bring back ADS" and "change paintjob breaks immersion" don't, such is life 🤷‍♂️

Oh hey you're alive. Good to see. Yes i think the forums are a great place. The mods here are truly excellent and logic seems to be the ultimate master here, ie, even the worst people wont override logic for the sake of cult purposes.

Well i'll have to admit ignorance on my part then. I long ago stopped going to reddit, and its been pointed out by StewartGT quite strongly that its only the forums that have problems, on reddit its impossible for issues to get any traction and thats apparently a positive thing.

So i just assumed that the complaints are from here.

I forgot to ask why he actually comes here after his bullet pointed list of reddits virtues and our failures, but i guess maybe there's a charm somewhere. Oh official game effecting polls nevermind :)

Also thanks for making your videos!

To be fair, there are more than just the two Elite Dangerous communities you mention. The Forums and Reddit are certainly two very big ones (I think in terms of active numbers, Reddit is actually the largest Elite Dangerous community by quite a large margin).

But there are many more Elite communities. My YouTube channel has a very active community, many of which never visit either the forums or Reddit.

The Elite Dangerous Discord is also very active

Lave Radio have a large audience and I believe their Discord server is pretty busy.

A number of the largest player groups have their own self contained communities numbering in the hundreds of players per group.

Some of the other Twitch and YouTube content creators also have their own communities which are largely seperate from both the forums and Reddit.

Then there is also the Elite Dangerous Facebook.

Elite Dangerous, like many games, has a massive thriving community that lives across many different platforms, and generally speaking, each of those communities are very different, but all equally valid.

I enjoy parts of all of them, but personally, whilst I try to check in on most of them - these forums included - most of my time is spent on my own platform. :)

Important issues get traction on Reddit. "Bring back ADS" and "change paintjob breaks immersion" don't, such is life 🤷‍♂️

Wow, you're really of a different mindset. There's very few people on the forum would would consider an issue invalid because you dont want to hear it. Having said, if you 6 people didn't exist, the rest of us wouldn't have anyone to discuss the case to, so for that im grateful.

Generally providing alternatives or education is the constructive way to change course, not post animated pictures, write antagonising sarcastic responses, or complain about why you have to read every single page of a thread thats obviously making you mad.

There's a way to get a win / win situation for everyone.. or at least that should be the goal of people typing here.

Top Bottom