ObsidianAnt's Cameo

Nice for a chuckle, but I really don't want to be reminded every time I dock that this is just a game and there's a guy on YT that has videos on it.

Mind you I'm subbed and really like his videos, but that's a bit much.

It was background noise rather than the docking controller. I get the impression that it will play infrequently rather than every time you arrive at Obsidian.

I am going to have to go for a visit now.
I like his videos and things like this make the galaxy feel a little more alive.
It may not be the big idea or the next ship some want, but all these little touches add up to making the whole so much greater.

Last edited:
  • Like (+1)
Reactions: NW3
When I get back to the bubble this is def on my to do list, Im heading away from that area of space but I could always loop back around and head on in to that area....im a few months...:p

So.. what else is happening under the rock youre living in?

Can't speak for the forum member in question...but in my home asteroid station, I accept missions, buy & outfit my ships, cash bounties, sell exploration data etc etc

Oh 'under'...never mind!

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
So your line is admitting that everything is your fault, even the Thargoid invasion? :p

z8RiK9h.jpg

OP, that's interesting news. I'm an Obsidian Ant fan. I bought his Voice Pack for use with VoiceAttack. After watching his videos for over 2 years, it's not distracting to hear his voice in-game.

OP, that's interesting news. I'm an Obsidian Ant fan. I bought his Voice Pack for use with VoiceAttack. After watching his videos for over 2 years, it's not distracting to hear his voice in-game.

I had no idea this was available, off to find it now, before the servers come back up.

It was background noise rather than the docking controller. I get the impression that it will play infrequently rather than every time you arrive at Obsidian.

That will explain why on my half dozen visits there yesterday I didn't hear him at all! Thought I must be holding it wrong...

It's a nice touch by FD, especially when you know that ObsidianAnt often is an outspoken critic when it comes to ED and FD.
So, respect for that move.

I read something about his voice being added to the station in some patch notes (betas?) I assumed his voice was used for the traffic control and was disappointed not hearing him on my approach to the station after the patch. I’ll check tonight whether I do hear him in the background chatter. Bit of a missed opportunity imho, I’d have loved to hear him voice acting the full welcome and goodbye messages as well as the traffic and speeding warnings, cautionary advice etc. Anyway, nice detail that a station named after him also has his voice now.

Considering the fact that 3303 often is more news worthy than galnet itself, it is my opinion that he deserves a place in this game!
I'm really liking this, need to check it out asap.

Brilliant! I remember at the time Obsidian Orbital got named that the suggestion was made for FDev to have him do the voice work for the station, so it's nice to see this happen. Well done FDev!

Top Bottom