Oculus Rift and ocassional jitter

Hello everyone, I bought an Oculus Rift a few days ago, and despite having a mid to high gaming specs on my PC, I get ocasional jitter on the rift. Had to exit the game, close everything, reopen it and the problem disappeared. I found out that opening the System map and zooming in to any settlemente on any planet for a few seconds made the problem go away to... weird. Does anyone is having the same issue? I ckecked the temps and they're normal (no more than 45ºC in general). My specs are:
  • GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6G
  • Intel i7 6700
  • 8 GB ram
  • Game running from a SSD drive
  • Win 8.1

Thought it may be related to windows... or ram. But i'm not having any issues with any other games. Anyway, as I said it's more of a nuisance and not a game breaker, I hope it helps anyone having the same issue, and if someone has info related to this problem be more than welcome to share it. Saludos!

Do you have tabs open in chrome or firefox? If you bring up task manager and have it running while playing the game, you can look quickly at CPU or GPU usage by lifting the Rift up.
You also might want to check your network usage.
My issue was Boinc. Had it set to suspend during PC usage but it did not.
Good luck finding the issue.

As a matter of fact the issue is still happening but has decreased a lot by shutting down some apps, Chrome mostly. I think it has to do with the 8 gb Ram, but at the moment it's not a game breaker and it always fixes itself by looking at some random settlement in the system map. Anyway i'm going to do some upgrade next month and see if that resolves the issue... right now i'm broke from buying the oculus, but glad i did it... it's a whole different game right now.

P.S.: Maybe the april update fixed ir for me, i'll check it out now =)

Reset and reconfig your sensors with the oculus app. Had massive jitter in the last days and bad positioned sensors. After the reset and placing the sensors like said in the app, everything was smoother and jitter free. It looks like that bad positioned sensors cause more calculations in the background to compensate.

Suggest using the Oculus App "Sensor Bounds". Really easy to set up our sensors by seeing where they are looking.

Top Bottom